Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255440 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #330 on: January 21, 2009, 12:13:02 AM »

Twilight Zone (Eps. 1-6)
Enter a world that will confound, surprise and excite your imagination... Enter the new Twilight Zone. Hosted by award-winning actor Forest Whitaker, this six disc, 43-episode set is your exclusive window into the fantastic stories and amazing performances, updated and inspired by the original classic television series created by Rod Serling. In this thoroughly modern and unforgettable collection, some of Hollywood's most inspired performers tackle some of life's most profound questions. Never predictable... always amazing... The Twilight Zone.

My Thoughts:
Today I felt like watching some episodes of the 2002 version of Twilight Zone. I forgot how much I enjoyed this version. I especially enjoyed an episode called One Night at Mercy where Jason Alexander (Seinfeld) played Death... as well as the one called Evergreen where Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia) played a troubled teen. If you never seen this version of Twilight Zone I definitely recommend it. It is not as good as the original series... but it is still very enjoyable.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 22, 2009, 01:26:06 PM »

Reba: Season 1 (Disc 1)
When your husband of twenty years divorces you for a woman half his age, it's time to move on to Plan B. For Reba Hart (Reba McEntire), that means not only accepting that her marriage is over, but also accepting that her ex's new wife is pregnant. If that isn't disruptive enough, Reba learns that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant too. So it's out with the old and in with the new as hubby leaves and son-in-law arrives. With all the outrageous domestic obstacles thrown in her path, Reba realizes one thing for sure: life will never be the same in this dysfunctional household!

My Thoughts:
After watching the newly released season 5... I felt like seeing where it all started again. I really enjoyed this series from the first season. Thought everyone involved did a great job. And it was fun watching some of these early episodes again.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 22, 2009, 11:46:15 PM »

Painkiller Jane: Complete Series (Disc 3)
Kristanna Loken of Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines and Bloodrayne stars as Jane Vasco, a tough-yet-sexy DEA agent recruited by a covert government unit to hunt superhuman neurological aberrations - known as 'Neuros' - who can do dangerous things with their minds. But when Jane discovers that she herself can rapidly heal from any injury, she begins to investigate her own disturbing background. In this sole season of the Sci Fi Channel series, Jane and her team battle assassins, arsonists, time loops, prison breaks, mythical beasts, undead armies, killer hallucinations and more, all in a bullet-riddled world of the very near future where nothing may be what it seems...and pain is always a bitch.

My Thoughts:
The more I watch of this series the more I have enjoyed it. This show has a lot of great action as well as the fantasy with the neuros and such. The last episode on this disc had a surprise ending that effects the rest of the series. Now I can hardly wait to watch the next disc!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 25, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »

Reba: Season 1 (Discs 2-3)
When your husband of twenty years divorces you for a woman half his age, it's time to move on to Plan B. For Reba Hart (Reba McEntire), that means not only accepting that her marriage is over, but also accepting that her ex's new wife is pregnant. If that isn't disruptive enough, Reba learns that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant too. So it's out with the old and in with the new as hubby leaves and son-in-law arrives. With all the outrageous domestic obstacles thrown in her path, Reba realizes one thing for sure: life will never be the same in this dysfunctional household!

My Thoughts:
I am still going strong... I am enjoying watching my Reba collection over again. This is such a fun show. These two discs completes the first season set. And I look forward to working on the second season before too long. After finishing off season 5 without Kyra... I really enjoyed watching her sarcastic character again in this set.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2009, 11:03:19 PM »

Painkiller Jane: Complete Series (Episodes 13-14)
Kristanna Loken of Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines and Bloodrayne stars as Jane Vasco, a tough-yet-sexy DEA agent recruited by a covert government unit to hunt superhuman neurological aberrations - known as 'Neuros' - who can do dangerous things with their minds. But when Jane discovers that she herself can rapidly heal from any injury, she begins to investigate her own disturbing background. In this sole season of the Sci Fi Channel series, Jane and her team battle assassins, arsonists, time loops, prison breaks, mythical beasts, undead armies, killer hallucinations and more, all in a bullet-riddled world of the very near future where nothing may be what it seems...and pain is always a bitch.

My Thoughts:
Felt like watching a couple more episodes of this series. As I have said before... the more I watch this show the more I enjoy it. I am getting to the point now that I am really sorry they canceled this series. In the last episode I watched they touched on the one subject I been wondering about for this entire series. Is it enough to hunt down these mutated people and "chip" them to take away their powers just for the fact that they have the power? Even though in most episodes these "neuros" as they call them has mostly been bad guys... they weren't all bad. But yet they still took their powers... and sent them away... just for being different. Which is something I started to tire of in this series... so I am glad to see this start to come into question.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #335 on: February 02, 2009, 01:21:55 AM »

Reba: Season 2
Reba Hart (Reba McEntire) knew divorce wasn't going to be easy -- she just hadn't anticipated how much her ex-husband's new wife would want to be part of "the family." On top of that, Reba learns that her married daughter isn't going to be moving out of the house with her new husband and baby daughter as planned. Now, with no breadwinner in the house, Reba realizes she'd rather accept a job working for her ex-husband than apply for food stamps. But no matter how hard she tries to make family life run smoothly, Reba soon realizes there's just no darn way to please everyone!

My Thoughts:
After watching first season 5 and then season 1 this past month... I didn't want to stop so over the past few days I watched season 2... yes all the episodes. I am still really enjoying this show... and plan on watching seasons 3 and 4 again yet. But I also need to get other shows in as well... so going to start doing a disc at a time instead of going all out on a set at a time.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 02, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »

Spin City (Disc 1)
Spin City is a smart, sophisticated ABC sitcom about the behind-the-scenes workings of City Hall in the biggest city in America. Workaholic Mike Flaherty (Michael J. Fox) is the Deputy Mayor of New York City, serving as Mayor Randall Winston's (Barry Bostwick, Rocky Horror Picture Show) key strategist and much-needed handler.

Mike runs the city with the help of his oddball staff: an anxious and insecure press secretary (Richard Kind, Mad About You); a sexist, boorish chief of staff (Alan Ruck, Ferris Bueller's Day Off); an impeccably groomed gay activist running minority affairs (Michael Boatman, Arliss); a sharp and efficient, man-crazy accountant (Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights); and an idealistic young speechwriter (Alexander Chaplin). Like Mike, they are all professionally capable but personally challenged.

Spin City was an immediate hit when it debuted in 1996. The series reunited Fox with Family Ties executive producer and creator Gary David Goldberg and proved that the magic of their creative partnership was enduring.

My Thoughts:
This is a show I remembered that I used to watch... but didn't remember much about it. I was pleased when I won the season 1 set last month... as it gave me a chance to check out the series again before putting any money into it. After watching the first disc I am enjoying it even more then I remembered. These episodes are funny... the cast is strong... it is a good series that I hope I will be able to collect more seasons of.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 04, 2009, 02:10:20 PM »

Bones: Season 3 (Disc 1)
Who is Gormogon?
When a routine investigation unearths the ghastly trail of a cannibalistic serial killer, forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and F.B.I. Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) must face the most baffling — and gruesome — case of their careers. While cracking caseloads full of underground extremists, sexual fetishism and charred corpses, the duo relies on Brennan's uncanny scientific ability. Booth's infallible instincts and a brilliant investigative team known as "squints." Now, in the thrilling Season Three of Bones, Brennan and Booth must uncover the shocking truth behind a centuries-old society and stop the Gormogon killer...before it's too late!

Episodes:
1. THE WIDOW'S SON IN THE WINDSHIELD
2. SOCCER MOM IN THE MINI-VAN
3. DEATH IN THE SADDLE

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this first disc. The cast works together so well on this show. It is like everything just fits perfectly. I really enjoy the season long arc in the 3rd season. It really added something to the show.

Friday the 13th: The Series: Season 1 (Episodes 15-16)
Make a Date With Death....
as Friday the 13th - The Series makes its chilling debut on DVD with all 26 wickedly good first-season episodes on 6 discs! When two distant cousins inherit the strange "Curious Goods" antique shop, they soon discover that their deceased uncle paid the ultimate price for the hexed items in the store: his soul was claimed by Satan. Now, it' up to them and an eccentric antiques dealer to find each diabolical item sold from the store before it manifests it's evil powers. Open the door to true terror with the series that's crawling with psychological suspense and spine-tingling mysteries you won't want to miss!

Episodes:
15. Vanity's Mirror
16. Tattoo

My Thoughts:
Working some more on this series. I been really taking my time to enjoy this series... only watching a couple of episodes at a time. I enjoyed these two episodes... especially Vanity's Mirror... was a really good one. I liked the fact that it showed that they don't always succeed.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2009, 02:48:40 PM »

Bones: Season 3 (Disc 2)
Who is Gormogon?
When a routine investigation unearths the ghastly trail of a cannibalistic serial killer, forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and F.B.I. Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) must face the most baffling — and gruesome — case of their careers. While cracking caseloads full of underground extremists, sexual fetishism and charred corpses, the duo relies on Brennan's uncanny scientific ability. Booth's infallible instincts and a brilliant investigative team known as "squints." Now, in the thrilling Season Three of Bones, Brennan and Booth must uncover the shocking truth behind a centuries-old society and stop the Gormogon killer...before it's too late!

Episodes:
4. THE SECRET IN THE SOIL
5. MUMMY IN THE MAZE
6. INTERN IN THE INCINERATOR
7. BOY IN THE TIME CAPSULE

My Thoughts:
Another disc of bones done. This disc has some good episodes on it... including one of my all-time favorite episodes. That being Mummy in the Maze.  It was their Halloween episode... and not only was it a great, suspenseful story... it has all the characters in costume... including Dr. Brennen as Wonder Woman.... and Agent Booth as a nerdy "squint". It is just an all-out fun episode. There was also some decent advancement in the "Gormogon" season long arc.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 03:15:06 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 09, 2009, 03:47:24 PM »

Dead Like Me: Season 1
A Series About Life After Life

You're about to be collected. "Winningly eccentric" (LA Daily News) and "insistently irreverent" (People), this groundbreaking, original series delivers you into a realm of shockingly funny characters and twisted narratives you'll find completely "addictive" (NY Daily News)!

When an errant toilet seat from the falling Mir Space Station puts an abrupt end to her life, George (Ellen Muth) discovers that death is nothing like she thought it would be. Recruited to collect the souls of others as they die, she suddenly finds herself an unwilling participant in a line of work she never knew existed: Grim Reaping!

My Thoughts:
What with the new Direct to Video movie from the series coming out on the 17th (which I do have pre-ordered) I thought it would be a good idea to rewatch the entire series before I get the movie. I forgot just how much I enjoyed this quirky series. It is a great show! I actually watched the entire first season in a matter of a couple days time.  Going from here I now remember two things... first that the second season wasn't quite as good as the first season... though I still really enjoyed it. And secondly how upset I was when I found out Showtime didn't renew the series after season 2.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 09, 2009, 11:43:28 PM »

Bones: Season 3 (Disc 3)
Who is Gormogon?

Episodes:
8.The Knight on the Grid
9. The Santa in the Slush
10. The Man in the Mud
11. Player Under Pressure

My Thoughts:
Another four episodes watched. This season has really been staying strong from episode to episode. I am still really enjoying the season long arc... and while watching I been looking for clues to the twist at the end of the season... but so far I haven't seen any clues for it at all.

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 10, 2009, 08:35:26 PM »

Party of Five (Eps. 1-3)
After the sudden loss of their parents, the Salingers must band together to keep their own lives on track, discovering first loves, last calls, and themselves along the rocky road to growing up. Headlined by a young, sexy cast, including Neve Campbell, Scott Wolf, and Lacey Chabert, this highly rated, long-running series (1994-2000) firmly found its place as a pop culture phenomenon for all ages. Shot through with equal doses heartache and laugher, PARTY OF FIVE: COMPLETE FIRST SEASON remains an emotional knockout, delivering 22 episodes of the Golden Globe-winning (Best TV Seris, Drama, 1996) series breakthrough debut season, proving again that home is where the heart is.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Homework
3. Good Sports

My Thoughts:
This was a complete blind buy... I got it free during a buy 1 boxset get 1 free sale. I figured in such a circumstance I can take a chance on a new show. After watching the first 3 episodes I am still not completely sure what I think of the show. It is a slower paced series... pure drama... which I normally don't care for. But the characters and stories are starting to grow on me. So I am thinking the more I watch it the more I may get into it. And I do have something to look forward to if I can get into it... as Jennifer Love Hewitt (Ghost Whisperer) joins the cast in the second season.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2009, 06:56:46 PM »

Bones: Season 3 (Disc 3)
Who is Gormogon?

Episodes:
12.The Baby in the Bough
13. The Verdict in the Story
14. The Wannabe in the Weeds
15. The Pain in the Heart

My Thoughts:
This disc completes the (short) third season. I feel that they did an excellent job with the season long arc. It had a great surprise ending that really worked. Thanks to the writers strike at the time of this season there was only 15 episodes in season 3. Instead of settling with giving us such a short season... the studio opted to give us the first 3 episodes of season 4 in the special features. So I am still looking forward to watching those again... even though it hasn't been that long since I saw them on TV. This is just an awesome series that I can not get enough of!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »

One Day at a Time: Season 1 (Eps 1-4)
ONE DAY AT A TIME, executive produced and developed by Norman Lear, is one of the most successful TV series of the 1970s and 1980s. Bonnie Franklin stars as Ms. Ann Romano, a newly divorced and very liberated woman trying her best to raise two teenaged daughters., Julie and Barbara, as they start their new life together in Indianapolis. Building superintendent Dwayne Schneider, a Casanove with a pass key, supplies comic relief, while baby-faced attorney David Kane tempts Ann to reconsider her single state. But Ann's priority is discovering her own potential, and helping her daughters discover theirs - ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Episodes:
1. Ann's Decision
2. Chicago Rendezvous
3. Jealousy
4. How to Succeed Without Trying

My Thoughts:
Watching this show again after so many years... I have to say... my memory didn't serve me as well as I thought. I mean I still enjoyed the show... but it wasn't quite as funny as I remembered it. At least not going by the first 4 episodes. Of course it could also be that I really don't remember this first season all that well anyway... I remember the later seasons much better. So it could be that the show picked up pace a bit after the first season. Unfortunately the first season is all that is available on DVD at this time. I don't remember Schneider having a thing for Ann in the show like he does in this first season... so that seemed a bit on the weird side to me. And I really don't care for that lawyer character that has a thing for Ann either. But over-all it is a good sitcom... sometimes the memory just makes you think things are better then they actually were I guess.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2009, 05:33:14 PM »
I think I kind of remember Schneider seeming to like Ann.  Or at least I remember thinking he did.  I don't remember a lawyer being interested in her though.
I don't remember seeing the show that much at all really..but I know I did at some point.