Author Topic: I got a BlackBerry... its so confusing  (Read 2103 times)

snowcat

I got a BlackBerry... its so confusing
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »
So, I got a BlackBerry and its quite possibly the most confusing thing I have ever used... It took me a day to work out how to do certain things... in that time I managed to delete all my phone contacts, rack up money on my phone bill and find some weird free apps that actually scared me.

I think im getting used to it more now.

Anybody else think they are confusing? :bag: or am I just weird?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I got a BlackBerry... its so confusing
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:08:55 PM »
Since I still use a rotary phone, I think I might be considered the weird one. :laugh:

Rogmeister

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:29:21 AM »
I use a phone from Tracfone...that's one of the phones that you don't get a monthly contract for but simply buy cards that add minutes to your phone.  They only have a few models to choose from...which are pretty basic models, actually.  So no texting for me.  I don't know many people who text anyway.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 01:17:57 AM »
I don't have a Blackberry..not sure I ever will get one...though I've seen a newer one that is sort of a purple color that may tempt me.  Purple is my favorite color.

RossRoy

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 02:30:26 AM »
I hate Blackberries. 2 guys at work had one and all they had was trouble with them.. and guess who had to find the solutions?

I got them to swatch to Androids (they wanted iPhones at first! haha!) And since then, they've been totally satisfied, and I haven't had all that much support to do! Which is great!

Granted, these two are the most "techies" of my coworkers.. I'm a bit concerned what will happen when the "average-joes" get the Androids too.. we'll see.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 06:41:20 AM »
Since I still use a rotary phone, [...]
:o

snowcat

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 10:11:23 AM »
..Well, I was tempted by an Iphone, but I wouldn't have been able to keep my current number which I have had for almost 10 years now :p

and, Im getting an Ipod Touch very soon so that also defeats the object, I chose a Blackberry over the Andorid because a friend of mine had one :S and that confused me even more :S

Lol, I miss my old phone it just made phone calls  :bag:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 10:27:21 AM »
..Well, I was tempted by an Iphone, but I wouldn't have been able to keep my current number which I have had for almost 10 years now :p
I am surprised. In most countries you can now switch phone provider and keep your number anyway. Should the UK be that far behind?

snowcat

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 12:29:33 PM »
I think you can... but as far as I know you have to wait 7 days for it to change over :( and Im quite possibly the most impatient person in the universe  ;)

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 03:50:59 PM »
Yes you must be! Number transfers are by a special code and it does take a week, but you can use both phones in the meantime. I'm on an android hero. Love it. In fact, I'm writing this response on it!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »
Well, since we are calling names now...: I have an iPhone and am loving it ;D

Halo2

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »
My wife has a BlackBerry and has a hate/love relationship with it.

I have an old LG that is just a phone.

I use an HP Ipaq for my mobile profiler collection. If I were to get a new phone now, it would be a SmartPhone that I could use that on, but they want me to pay a data fee monthly just to have the phone and I'm too cheap. I will look at the iPhone when someone besides AT&T carries them or maybe the iTouch once the DVDPro Mobile for iPhone comes out.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »
Well, since we are calling names now...: I have an iPhone and am loving it ;D

:thumbup:

Same here.  And assuming there's a new one this summer, I'm upgrading mine.  I love my iPhone.

Najemikon

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 08:16:53 PM »
Android, all the way! Especially now they've made an Android version of Doodle Jump... :tease:

But seriously: Multi-tasking. I'm living the dream! :hysterical:

RossRoy

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 08:19:16 PM »
I'd get an Android phone right now if the freaking data plans weren't so expensive. Right now I pay about 8$ a month for my cell, and I don't want to pay any more than that.