Author Topic: Dragonlance: AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!  (Read 1504 times)

Najemikon

Dragonlance: AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
« on: December 14, 2007, 01:07:44 AM »
The Dragonlance Chronicles is my favourite book by a long way. When I read it, I both dreamed of and feared a film version. When I heard they were doing a film, I hoped against all logic that it would be worthy. Then I heard it was animated and the pessimist in me jumped out and kicked me in the nuts. Now I've found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHrOfJ8_D0o

As I said. Argh.  :goodbye: :voodoo: :redcard:

My toys are well out of the bloody pram. >:(

lyonsden5

Re: Dragonlance: AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 03:09:05 AM »
 :(

lyonsden5

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 03:16:08 AM »
wow. Animation looks pretty bad. As my son just said it looks like an 80's cartoon. He had heard of the 'movie' as well and was looking forward to seeing something about it (he's read the books... not me ;) ).

I don't think Michael Rosenbaum and Lucy Lawless' names are enough to save it (He is Lex Luthor in Smallville for those who don't recognize the name... If you don't recognize her then I have nothing to say :tease: )

Thanks for the link Jon

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 03:21:50 AM »
Maybe Wes Craven is directing it. :laugh:

But seriously, who do you think would do justice to the books? Why?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 03:28:37 AM »
It can't be more bad than the animated version of the lord of the ring

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »
But seriously, who do you think would do justice to the books? Why?

It would be easy and predictable to say "Peter Jackson", but that's just silly. He did LotR because he loved the books. The fact is, the books don't need any interpretation. Everything you need to know is right there on the page, and it would turn into a screenplay so easily. So I have no need to suggest names. Any competent screenwriter could make it easy to film. It would just need a decent director who can handle action and to manage a large cast of above average actors.

The pacing, the dialogue, the imagery... it's already done perfectly well. You'd have to be a muppet to screw it up. Oh. They did!  :slaphead:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 11:57:35 PM »
Have to admit when I first heard of the film version of this I was more than a little psyched, so what if it was animated?  There was going to be a film version of one of my favourite books when I was in secondary school.  Keifer Sutherland, voicing Raistlin? Genius.

But after seeing the trailer, geez what a let down.
The animation looks likes it's on a par with something from Saturday mornings in the 80's.