Author Topic: Windows media file  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Windows media file
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 12:01:55 AM »
I've collected hippos for many decades so I'm a bit biased.
But the real question is : Would you like to have a real one in your house?
For under 5mb it took a real long time. By that I mean right about a minute. Not that long I guess but these days you expect it to be so much faster.
It's sure faster for me, since it took me usually 4 minutes to download a 100 meg files (I don't use it at home but at the university). One minute is slow... It took me, since I'm at home 17 minutes to download the files from the email, you are just too spoiled with your ultra mega high internet speed :tease:

lyonsden5

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 12:12:20 AM »
I've collected hippos for many decades so I'm a bit biased.
But the real question is : Would you like to have a real one in your house?
For under 5mb it took a real long time. By that I mean right about a minute. Not that long I guess but these days you expect it to be so much faster.
It's sure faster for me, since it took me usually 4 minutes to download a 100 meg files (I don't use it at home but at the university). One minute is slow... It took me, since I'm at home 17 minutes to download the files from the email, you are just too spoiled with your ultra mega high internet speed :tease:
Just downloaded a 34 mb file in about 10 seconds. Yes, I am spoiled! I still remember my 28.8 modem (good old AOL). a 5 mb file would take over an hour! :laugh: I'll take spoiled anytime.  :tease:

My ISP is trying to get me to upgrade to their "lightning" speed. Another $40.00 month! Don't think so.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 12:24:36 AM »
I pay only 17 $CAN/month for an unlimited service without any restriction, so surfing at 56K isn't a big deal (like you my first modem was 28K). When I've to get big files I just go at the university since it cost me nothing and it's only a 5 minutes walk to go there (being an ancient member of the student central committee had some advantage).

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
couldn't it have been uploaded to YouTube? Does any of us have an account on there?

If it comes up again in the future: I do.