Author Topic: Windows media file  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Windows media file
« on: February 11, 2010, 07:32:31 PM »
A friend of mine sent me a wonderful video that I want to share. Can someone tell me how to send a "Windows Media Audio/Video file" from my gmail? Or, if it is easier - can I forward it to someone to post?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Windows media file
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:52:01 PM »
Just click where I have place the arrow and select your file to attach it Kathy.

Don't forget : Google mail had a limit of 25 megs for the attachement, so if your file is bigger you will need to split it or host it on a file sharing service (like Rapidshare or MegaUpload)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »
I knew how to add an attachment but I wanted to ask before forwarding it. I have sent it to you to post. Thank you Jimmy.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 08:54:19 PM »
You want to post the file here Kathy? If so I can upload it to my RapidShare account and place the link here.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 09:03:02 PM »
You want to post the file here Kathy? If so I can upload it to my RapidShare account and place the link here.

This was what she was asking in the first post ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »
So it isn't one of my brightest moment? :laugh:
I upload it to my account and I let you know the link when it will be done.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 09:51:15 PM »
It's done ;D

You can get it there

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 10:29:47 PM »
couldn't it have been uploaded to YouTube? Does any of us have an account on there?

lyonsden5

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 10:38:32 PM »
Here is the original on You Tube

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 11:33:30 PM »
I've a question for the member who had downloaded it from my link :

A lot of people complaint at another forum I'm a member of about RS, supposedly it's hard to get a file for a free user (wich I'm not since I've my account for more than a year). Personally I think it's because they are whiners who are used to get everything free and can't understand the phrase "you got what you pay for".

So is it that hard to get a files?

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 11:42:30 PM »

A lot of people complaint at another forum I'm a member of about RS, supposedly it's hard to get a file for a free user (wich I'm not since I've my account for more than a year). Personally I think it's because they are whiners who are used to get everything free and can't understand the phrase "you got what you pay for".

I didn't download it, but I was unable to start a download. For some reason RS is famous for this. Other share sites I've downloaded from don't seem to have this problem. Maybe it's because they're the most popular and their bandwidth can't handle the amount of traffic.

lyonsden5

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 11:48:04 PM »

I kept getting a "we're too busy - try again in 2 minutes or become a premium member" message. Tried numerous times. Then popped in one time and it started. For under 5mb it took a real long time. By that I mean right about a minute. Not that long I guess but these days you expect it to be so much faster.

To me it looked like the site is set up to purposely frustrate the free users and get them to go premium. Can't blame them I suppose. They're there to make money.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 11:49:21 PM »
I couldn't access it but I only tried once.  :thanks: both for helping me with this - I love this video. Of course, I've collected hippos for many decades so I'm a bit biased.

Najemikon

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 11:52:14 PM »
I couldn't access it but I only tried once.  :thanks: both for helping me with this - I love this video. Of course, I've collected hippos for many decades so I'm a bit biased.

Where do you keep them all?  :o Mucking out must be terrible. :tease:

It's a great clip. I've seen it somewhere before, so I assume it was off TV considering the reporters accent...

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 11:59:56 PM »
Did that reporter say that they give the hippo coffee? I couldn't make out what she said because of her accent.