Author Topic: Best Kind of Earplugs?? :-p  (Read 3025 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Best Kind of Earplugs?? :-p
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:10:20 AM »
Ok.... pretty much everyone here knows how I feel about music... so won't go into that all here.  But needless to say... my 12 yr. old daughter loves music. Matter of fact she is in her school's choir.

Unfortunately for me... Tomorrow night is their Christmas concert... and I just found out that they will be singing 25 holiday songs. Of course being a proud dad I will be there with a smile on my face... but I got to ask... any way I can get away with doing so with a set of ear plugs?  :devil:

oh well... was a thought. :P
Pete

Sanuye

Re: Best Kind of Earplugs?? :-p
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 01:23:57 AM »
yeah...
I can see you, crying your heart out, wearing an ear trumpet trying to hear your girl better!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 01:25:47 AM by Sanuye »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:55:58 AM »
lol... No Comment.  :P

Nah... seriously... I am very proud of her always...and more then happy to suffer for her for a couple hours.  :P
Pete

VibroCount

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 03:41:31 AM »
I often wear earplugs at work, www.vibrocounts.com, and no matter how good the plugs are, a bad note still sounds bad. They just decrease the sound pressure on your eardrums. So unless your daughter's choir is loud like the Who, earplugs will have little effect on your listening pleasure (unless, of course, you plan on taking a nap in the quiet).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 11:40:26 AM »
A nap.. hmmm... depends where my seat is and if she can see me from where she is.  ;D Nah... I will just sit there with a smile on my face like I do every year... just that it caught me by surprise when she told me yesterday that there was 25 songs this year... roughly double the normal length.  :surrender:
Pete

VibroCount

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 04:15:14 PM »
... just that it caught me by surprise when she told me yesterday that there was 25 songs this year... roughly double the normal length.  :surrender:

Not just twice as many, they're probably each twice as long as well!

(Like the prisoner who complains that not only does the food taste bad, the portions are small, too!)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 04:16:44 PM »
LOL... Gee... Thanks Cliff!  :voodoo:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 04:27:27 PM »
(Like the prisoner who complains that not only does the food taste bad, the portions are small, too!)
point awarded for making my day :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 02:02:47 AM »
Well we made it back from the concert. Yes I was very proud of my little girl. But now I must say I am a nervous wreck... when we got back from the school one of my brothers met us on the porch. Told us that my mother... who has been suffering with a cold... has taken a turn for  the worse... wasn't breathing right... and they had to call the ambulance for her. Another brother and my sister-in-law went to the hospital with her... so she is not there alone. Shortly after we got home they called and said that they got her stabilized and has her on a breathing treatment.... and they are doing more tests on her. I am afraid her cold turned to pneumonia and afraid she may be in the hospital for a little while once again.

Needless to say I am a nervous wreck right now... but that is mainly because I am not there and just not knowing is the hardest part. They are supposed to let us know something as soon as they know more. but all I can do is sit here... and chew my nails down to my knuckles till I hear something.
Pete

Sanuye

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 02:39:06 AM »
I'm sorry for the bad news, Pete. Hope all goes well... :hugs:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 02:51:27 AM »
Thanks Laura... sitting here waiting to hear news.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 03:55:01 AM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Pete. Your mom has proven to be such a fighter I wish her the strength to beat this too.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 04:10:19 AM »
Thanks Kathy...
I just heard back... she does have pneumonia again. they got her breathing much better now... and sis-in-law says she is looking much better... but they are admitting her so they can get rid of the pneumonia. so at least my nervousness has eased and I can try to relax some now.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »
Well it is that time of the year again. This evening I will be going to my daughter's Christmas program. at least this time I have a camera to take with me.  :)
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 10:14:39 PM »
Are you allowed to take pictures and video? In the UK, most schools so far as I know ban the use of recording equipment because of the risk of paedophiles getting hold of the footage. Like so many rules in this bloody nanny state I think it is utterly ridiculous. I found this link going back to 2002... Telegraph

But hey, you have a great time and try to sing-along!  :tease: