Author Topic: Roger Corman  (Read 24357 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Corman
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2010, 09:48:01 AM »
Just realized I haven't post a picture of Joe Spinell :o
So here it is the greatest character actor of all time :bow:

hal9g

« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »
Just realized I haven't post a picture of Joe Spinell :o
So here it is the greatest character actor of all time :bow:

You're a funny guy!!!!   :hysterical: :hysterical:

Rogmeister

« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2010, 04:49:05 PM »
I have Roger Corman's book...I need to read it soon.  It has an interesting title... How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime.  I think this came out around 1990.  I lent it to a friend who never read it, despite the fact he kept it for about 3-4 years!  :whistle:  Needless to say, after that, I never lent him anything else.

Alien Redrum

« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a276923/firth-dante-to-team-for-roger-corman-biopic.html

I duno if anyone has seen this? ...It might have been mentioned previously... and I may have forgotten :/

Nice. If this comes through, it is long overdue. I wonder who would play Corman. Maybe George Takai?  :whistle: ;D (SP?)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2010, 11:29:21 PM »
New release for october

The Warrior And The Sorceress / Barbarian Queen

Welcome to a distant world of exciting battles, exotic women, mystical secrets and evil wizards in The Warrior And The Sorceress. Kain (David Carradine) is the last survivor of a mighty warrior tribe. Once an exalted warrior-priest, Kain now wanders the planet Vra as a mercenary sword-for-hire. In the small village of Yam-A-Tar, he finds two vicious clans struggling for power and becomes embroiled in the treachery and battles, the mighty wizardry and rampant debauchery.

On the eve of her wedding, Amathea (Lana Clarkson) sees her world dissolve: her groom imprisoned, her village razed, and her friends attacked and slaughtered. Becoming the Barbarian Queen, she vows revenge and retribution. Along with her female warriors, she entices and then destroys her adversaries. Barbarian Queen also stars Katt Shea (Psycho III) and Dawn Dunlap (Forbidden World).

Both films feature a new anamorphic widescreen transfer (1.78:1) and theatrical trailers.

This one is an exclusive on the Shout! Factory website wich means you can't get it anywhere else. Cliff told me that it will probably appears at Amazon later, but he can't guarantee it. So it isn't great for those outside of the USA (the shipping is incredibly high), but the best way to get it is to ask an American friend to order it for you as I did (I'll wait november since another one will be release this month and it's better to do it at the same time).

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2010, 11:33:11 PM »
Those do sound interesting.

I've looked at stuff at the Shout Factory website..and entered a contest there, but I haven't ordered directly from there yet. 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2010, 12:05:47 AM »
I'm sure the service is great, since it's usually the case when you order directly from the company. Like I said the shipping outside of the USA is batshit insane (27.50 to ship a dvd in Canada...), but the US shipping is normal...

Too bad I don't have the same friendship relation with the owner of Shout! Factory that I have with Michael Rasso of Alternative Cinema. The shipping at AC was decreased because of me (5$ in place of 12.50$) and the funny part is that it cost less to have a package deliver here than in the USA :P

So you have change your alias because of me at the DVDP forum?
I got my first moderated post there :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2010, 12:44:11 AM »
Not really..though you mentioning the different name there got me thinking more about it.  I just decided to switch it since I use dragonfire or dragonfire88 for most of the boards I post on.  I'm not sure why I used the other one when I first signed up there.  Guess I wasn't thinking about that at the time. 

So now I'm more consistent with user names..least for movie board/review stuff. :)

I hadn't seen that you got moderated.  I have started saying a little more - as you saw in the one thread anyway. 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2010, 09:22:17 PM »
Just got a great news from Cliff today (at least it is for me :whistle:). The Arena belong to Shout! Factory and will be included in this collection :yu:

This one is oop for so long even a VHS tape is sold for more than 65$ and a cheap 4 movies set for more than 150$ on amazon canada. I know there are cheap R2 released but the ratio is incorect and no remastering was done on them.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2010, 04:36:12 AM »
Some of the movies in the 50 movie set I got were directed by Corman.  I can't remember what at the moment though.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2010, 09:20:57 AM »
I can't remember what at the moment though.
Swamp Women (really boring, but Beverly Garland and Mike Connors are in it), The Little Shop of Horrors, Last Woman on Earth, Creature from the Haunted Sea and The Terror.

I'm surprised The Wasp Woman isn't included...
BTW one day try his Poe adaptations (House of Usher, Pit and the Pendulum, Premature Burial, Tales of Terror, The Haunted Palace and The Raven) they were all released by MGM in their midnite movie collection. Not really fast paced film (that's why I wouldn't recommand them to Pete), but I think you could like them.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
I do have (and enjoyed) Tales of Terror. :)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2010, 05:56:20 PM »
I'm surprised, I always got the impression that you aren't a big fan of slow paced horror film from your reviews :shrug:
Guess I was wrong :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2010, 06:51:29 AM »
I want to try to watch some of the movies from that set..and I still have Piranha to watch too.  And some others.  I'm not tired right now, so I might try to watch something tonight.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »
I'm surprised, I always got the impression that you aren't a big fan of slow paced horror film from your reviews :shrug:
Guess I was wrong :laugh:

Not a big fan... no... but there is an exception to everything. :P
Pete