Author Topic: The I recieved the wrong package thread  (Read 2035 times)

snowcat

The I recieved the wrong package thread
« on: January 20, 2010, 07:04:51 PM »
So I was just wondering if anyone has experianced ordering something online and getting sent the wrong item.

Today I recieved a T-shirt I had oredered a few weeks ago, I was so happy I thought id be able to wear it today, anyway I though "This feel a little heavy" but I opened it to find

.....  :thundergod:

An FCUK Hoody 0_0

..Now, you guys have never seen me, but I can tell you now I would not be caught dead in an FCUK hoody.

So, I actually oredered a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles T-shirt.

I rang the company up and im not even sure if they are going to refund my postage.

This is not the first time either!! A few months ago I ordered Godzilla (the animated series) volumes 1 and 2 ... I received two copies of Volume 2... So I sent it back to them and only got the price of the DVD refunded!

So anyone else had a similar experience?

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: The I recieved the wrong package thread
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »
I recently had ordered "Godfather Trilogy" on Blu-ray, but received "Lord of the Rings Trilogy" DVD instead. I have sent it back and expecting a replacement. I hope I get the postage refunded (shipping from Germany to UK is not cheap at the German post office). If not, it was the last time I ordered there.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »
This past Christmas I ordered Brittany The Spectacular Spider-Man: Season 1 and they sent me some preschooler DVD in place of it. But they gave me no problems with the exchange process... they sent me the correct set (upgraded the shipment method) and sent me a pre-paid label to send the wrong title back to them.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
I recently had ordered "Godfather Trilogy" on Blu-ray, but received "Lord of the Rings Trilogy" DVD instead. I have sent it back and expecting a replacement. I hope I get the postage refunded (shipping from Germany to UK is not cheap at the German post office). If not, it was the last time I ordered there.
They wanted you to send it back? Whenever I have trouble with a DVD from Amazon.com or .co.uk (like scratches or same disc twice/missing disc in a season box) I notify Amazon and then they say "Keep it, it's too expensive to send back, we'll send another one...".
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 07:26:35 PM »
They wanted you to send it back? Whenever I have trouble with a DVD from Amazon.com or .co.uk (like scratches or same disc twice/missing disc in a season box) I notify Amazon and then they say "Keep it, it's too expensive to send back, we'll send another one...".

I was hoping the same thing. And Amazon probably would have done that. But it was play.com this time around.

Amazon has a great customer service on the other hand.

Touti

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »
Rule #1 for me.  Never buy from an online store that makes you pay when they fuck up or when there's a problem.  I ordered the Netbook I talked about last month from Newegg.  I got a defective one and the battery wouldn't charge.  I contacted them for a RMA.  It was done online within 3 minutes.  A few minutes later I got an email with the RMA confirmation and a UPS Shipping Label for me to print and tape on the box to return.

It didn't cost me a penny, the RMA was processed within 24 hours after they received it and they sent a replacement Netbook at no charge.  That's what I call a good company and good customer service.

I always check the TOS of company's I don't know, if it says anything about me paying for shipping if I have to return a G-String when I ordered gloves then I don't deal with them.

snowcat

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 07:31:31 PM »
Tom my item was also from Play.com :/

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »
Emma I was sure that you had started this one because you received the late packages I wait for, sadly it isn't the case :weep:

:voodoo: poste Canada I have no movie to watch anymore...

snowcat

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »
Oh late packages are annoying to! Ive been waiting for a new hard drive for three weeks! stupid post

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 07:42:47 PM »
Well, springing to Play's defence, their customer service I've found to far outweigh Amazon's and I would have thought they would refund the postage. One day two bargains were posted on-line: Amazon had a mis-priced Steven Seagal set, Play a mis-priced Pink Panther box and I ordered both. Both companies emailed and said "sorry, we can't supply this, it was a mistake an we're not honouring it." That was the end of it with Amazon, but Play sent out £10 vouchers. I got Volver, which I wanted more than the Pink Panthers for £2 because of that. I had other things go wrong and Play have fallen over themselves to help, while Amazon have been unapproachable.

But I went through a phase of finding mis-priced bargains. Too many to list! But HMV sent me three copies of one DVD I ordered; Tesco sold me an X-Men four disc boxset for the price of a single disc X-Men 2, which is what I took to the counter; and the best one was WH Smith making a mess of my voucher funded shopping and I they didn't charge for a 24 boxset, which was back in the days that £44 was cheap!  :devil: :laugh:

snowcat

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 07:46:20 PM »
LOL Jon, Play was once blocked my account I had to scan in a bank letter and delete everything but a code and my address for the to unblock it... I was not amused. this has also annoyed me.

as for miss-pricing's HMV once had Scrubs season one listed at £5... I bought it for a friend... the next day its was £15 again :S

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »
Oh late packages are annoying to!
Even more annoying is the fact that I know already that I will have to walk to the post office to get them the day after their delivery. My postman is too lazy to take anything bigger than a one dvd box in his truck, so it will be a 30 minutes walk to get them and when it's cold and windy it's not fun at all :thumbdown:

snowcat

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »
Oh you need my postman! he brought me 5 DVDs one day :) and he doesnt have a van!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »
My previous one was like that, but he retired 2 years ago and I miss the chat that we had at 9h30 everyday for years. His substitute is lazy, change his delivery time everyday and his a drunk (I know that because I have seen him drunk almost everyday for 5 years when I worked the night shift in a grocery store).

snowcat

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 10:52:36 PM »
Thats terrible :/ mind you, my postman changes his times daily... we got out post at 4:30pm and 8am the next day... :/ There should be rules about times.