Author Topic: Marathon brainstorming thread  (Read 131614 times)

snowcat

Re: Marathon brainstorming thread
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2009, 05:39:39 PM »
It's so strange hearing such a big deal about Halloween. We don't really celebrate Halloween at all here in Australia. Much like 'Thanksgiving'. They are just things we consider American holidays and don't have much to do with them.

Do you have Trick or Treat though? We've always had it in the UK, but only in recent years have people attempted to do it properly. For a lot it is still an easy excuse for begging.

When I was younger maybe 8-12 we got alot of trick or treaters now im 20 we get hardly any... last year we had just 1 (a group of 3 children)

at primary school / pre school whatever you guys call it :p we had Harvest Festivel instead of thanksgiving, we would all bring in tins of food and stuff that would get bundled up and sent to older people or less fortunate people.

Critter

« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2009, 10:49:12 PM »
Nah we don't do trick or treat. I think a couple of towns have treid it in the past but it never really takes off.

richierich

« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2009, 12:38:17 PM »
Is anyone else interested in repeating the annual alphabet marathon in November??
(New peeps can see last years here - http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,5035.0.html)

I've got a lot of unwatched dvds I want to get stuck in to and this always helps reduce my pile. has been fun as well for the last 2 years.

Thoughts or ideas for a change??

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2009, 01:55:31 PM »
Thoughts or ideas for a change??
Not sure my unwatched pile will be of big help here, but I'd join this anyway. :training:

RossRoy

« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2009, 04:07:58 PM »
Good idea, should allow me to reduce my unwatched pile somewhat, especially since I've basically stopped buying for the time being.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2009, 06:18:08 PM »
I will join in. But I am not sure if I will follow through. Currently I am more in a TV show watching mood.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2009, 07:41:05 PM »
I'll join also, but I don't think I will reviewed every movie watch...
Don't be surprise if I'll try to place a lot of adult movie in it, another month of no watching is a little bit too much for me :laugh:

richierich

« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2009, 08:45:57 PM »
Nothing wrong with adult titles or tv shows, even episode names, to fill the letters in the marathon  :shrug:

We threw the rules of marathons out with Skip  :readthis:

Anything goes  :yu:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 20, 2009, 09:34:28 AM »

I wonder if anyone is interested in a Terminator: TSCC season 2 marathon. While I have watched and reviewed it recently, I'm actually tempted to so again in the near future and chat a little about the individual episodes.
Matthias

snowcat

« Reply #219 on: October 20, 2009, 10:14:33 AM »
I do have about 100 dvds to watch XD I may have to join in the alphabetical marathon!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »
I'll probably do the alphabet one again..or at least try to.  How much I get through will depend on work schedule.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »

I wonder if anyone is interested in a Terminator: TSCC season 2 marathon. While I have watched and reviewed it recently, I'm actually tempted to so again in the near future and chat a little about the individual episodes.

It will be awhile until I get my hands on the Blu-ray or DVD. I am waiting for the price to drop.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2009, 09:34:07 PM »
I've been waiting for the price to drop on the second season of Sarah Connor Chronicles too.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 22, 2009, 10:29:37 AM »
Now I hope the price drops in November so we have at least four guys doing the Terminator Season 2 marathon.

November I'll stick to the alphabet and won't be able to do anything on the side.

richierich

« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2009, 01:19:46 AM »
Getting to that time of the month again when thoughts move to a marathon theme for the next one....December.

Perhaps as Pete has had such a rough time over the last couple of months we should let him decide a theme for us to follow??