Author Topic: Marathon brainstorming thread  (Read 131589 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Marathon brainstorming thread
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »
Oh yeah, you mentioned that last year when the 2009 version came out. My bad!
I am glad you forgot, that way I got to see that hilarious :hysterical: video you posted.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2009, 01:13:49 AM »
Jon we are waiting for you :whistle:

Najemikon

« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »
Well kick it off anytime you like, but bear in mind I'm in the Hitchcock marathon too, so it may need to be a steady pace! ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »
I was thinking on doing the Dirty Harry Marathon soon. Possibly this weekend? Does anyone else feel up to it? I was thinking all 5 movies as well as the documentary Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows.
Pete

richierich

« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2009, 05:29:24 PM »
I was thinking on doing the Dirty Harry Marathon soon. Possibly this weekend? Does anyone else feel up to it? I was thinking all 5 movies as well as the documentary Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to this weekend, I manage London and South under 18 team in rugby league and it is trials from Saturday early morning.
But please don't wait for me if enough people are up for starting it this weekend

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »
I could go with this weekend or anywhere around it... whether a little sooner or later. Just in the mood to watch it before too long is all!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2009, 05:34:24 PM »
I can't say I will, since I want to watch another genre of movie right now. But do it anyway since I'm certain that others are ready to join. Anyway I can place my reviews of the films later in the dedicated thread...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2009, 06:02:34 PM »
I just watched them less than a year ago (I think) so am unlikely to do the whole nine yards (does the Blu-ray set have the docu as well, don't recall seeing it). I might, however, join for the odd one, like Dirty Harry and maybe The Dead Pool.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »
Those are the only 2 I ever seen. Never seen any of the middle 3 (or the documentary). I think that is why I am looking forward to watching them!  :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2009, 06:40:32 PM »
I would take part in a Dirty Harry marathon, but I don't have time next weekend. I am watching some movies at the FantasyFilmFest already.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2009, 06:44:26 AM »
I would take part in a Dirty Harry marathon, but I don't have time next weekend. I am watching some movies at the FantasyFilmFest already.
*jealous*

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »
As the FantasyFilmFest is now over, I would have time for Dirty Harry now. Though I probably will do a slower pace than watching all five on a single weekend.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2009, 11:32:38 PM »
I was thinking I was about ready for it too. Thought I would watch them this weekend. I was thinking I would make a thread for it... watch mine through the weekend... and everyone can join in at their convenience. Does that sound ok to everyone?
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2009, 11:36:34 PM »
I was thinking I was about ready for it too. Thought I would watch them this weekend. I was thinking I would make a thread for it... watch mine through the weekend... and everyone can join in at their convenience. Does that sound ok to everyone?

Fine by me.

Critter

« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2009, 12:31:15 PM »
Hey guys,

So I haven't done a marathon here before but I have an idea for a huge one and wanted to run it by you for opinions before I launched into anything.
Basically in my spare time I have created a list of '100 Animated Feature Films' and want to watch and review them all.
This basically outlines what I was planning:

- I will watch every film on the list, cross each one off as I do and add a review to this site.
- Many of these films I have seen before, some numerous times but for the sake of the marathon I will watch each one again before reviewing and crossing off the list.
- I will try and track down as many DVD's of these films as I can to buy, some from rented shops and if finding it impossible to track down rare ones I will turn to downloading.
- Every film will be rated out of 5
- There will be no time limit, basically go until I complete the list.
- I will not watch the films in any order, basically go until I finish starting with the ones I already own.

Okay so now I want your thoughts. Do you think it's too many films? Is it bad that I might turn to downloads and should I just not do that? Would it matter that it doesn't have a time limit etc?

Also If you want to see the list off 100 animated films I created for the marathon then feel free to ask and I'll post it.

I look forward to feedback on this idea.
 :thanks:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:33:01 PM by Critter »