Author Topic: Trailer Park  (Read 9620 times)

Najemikon

Re: Trailer Park
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 02:06:35 PM »
I'm not sure about the new Hulk either. But I do like Ed Norton and he's got a good attitude. Some screenshots show they're trying very hard to capture the TV show vibe. There's one in particular of Norton's eyes mid-change and it's the same effect as the old title sequence.

No way the original cast would touch that sequel. And no way would the producers let them! I liked it, but it wasn't your typical blockbuster and I think a lot of people were disappointed because of that.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 12:39:19 PM »
Taken :o
Death Race :thumbup:
Eagle Eye :hmmmm:
Punisher: War Zone :yahoo:
Forbidden Kingdom :training:
Ong Bak 2 :o

Click on the smiley.

Najemikon

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 10:32:58 PM »
Taken :o
Death Race :thumbup:
Eagle Eye :hmmmm:
Punisher: War Zone :yahoo:
Forbidden Kingdom :training:
Ong Bak 2 :o

Click on the smiley.

Really like the look of Taken. Bit of Tell No One crossed with Bourne maybe? In fact, Neeson could be a Jason Bourne type figure set years into the future after he's retired...

Death Race? God help me, I'm looking forward to a Paul W.S. Anderson movie. The fact most of the plot is in the trailer proves it's just pure mayhem. Still I wasn't completely won over until 1) Mustang, 2) girls. arse.  :devil:

Eagle Eye could be good, but too much Matrix, too much Enemy of the State. But worth a go because it could be better than both. ;)

Punisher. Erm, no. It just doesn't pull off the comics image for me.

I am really loving Forbidden Kingdom! I've seen it all before, and probably better, but Jackie Chan scrapping with Jet Li? Oof. Throw Sammo Hung and Yuen Baio in there I'd be queuing now!

Ong Bak, I loved, but I feel burned by Warrior King, so I'm cautious now. Tony Jaa is incredible, but WK was quite poor.

Najemikon

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 12:09:04 AM »
Oh my. Fancy this one...

Mirrors

:thumbup:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 08:10:21 AM »
Oh my. Fancy this one...

Mirrors

:thumbup:

It's the American remake of this, which just happens to be one of my all time top ten films.

Really don't think that I'll bother with the remake

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 04:29:19 PM »
Well, it appears to be by Alexandre Aja, so I am a little psyched right there! It looks like it's well done and appears to be a cool premise...

The trailer seems to give away scenes from way to far into the movie though, I hate it when they do that.

Maybe I should find the original...?

Najemikon

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »
I didn't know it was a remake and that throws up a classic case of swings and roundabouts! Like Achim, I'm focusing on the director. He did the remake of The Hills of Eyes, which I thought was pretty good and actually an improvement on Wes Craven's version.

However, it was a remake. So is this, and in this case the source seems to already be of a high quality. He did do at least one other film that I've been meaning to track down, but it would help if I could remember the name! :bag:

Qualms about originality aside, he is the sort of horror director I like though. In the face, visceral imagery that lives long after the film. On that score, still want to see it. I agree with Achim though; best not pay too much attention to the trailer!

lovemunkey187

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2008, 10:48:26 AM »

To paraphrase Stone Cold Steve Austin "Oh Hell Yeah!!"

Najemikon

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2008, 11:54:19 AM »
Mutant Chronicles

Looks a bit B-Movie... b as in brilliant! :laugh:

The Day the Earth Stood Still

:hmmmm: There's no need for this film. Just, none. The original was perfect. That said, if the plot holds up, they seem to have gone for a really atmospheric look and feel. Although there are huge set-pieces, it seems to me that they're keeping the film understated as a whole, which it will need to be to work. And I suppose the clunky b&w original just isn't a crowd puller anymore...

Knowing

Well this took me by surprise. The first half of the trailer seemed pretty ho-hum regular and though more serious, it still looked like Nic Cage in National Treasure style. Then, it sort of... changed. Just after a guy says there were only a couple of injuries... ahem. :whistle: I want to see this.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 12:08:20 PM by Jon »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2008, 11:01:04 AM »
However, it was a remake. So is this, and in this case the source seems to already be of a high quality. He did do at least one other film that I've been meaning to track down, but it would help if I could remember the name! :bag:
Haute tension (High Tension)?

Najemikon

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »

That's the one!

Najemikon

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »

To paraphrase Stone Cold Steve Austin "Oh Hell Yeah!!"

Well I've taken your advice. The best price was around £5.95, but that's for the current, single-disc edition. Thanks to Find-DVD, I discovered an older, two-disc edition for £3.99! Bargain. That was at Choices UK if anyone else is interested.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 11:03:29 AM »

That's the one!

My favourite bit in Switchblade Romance, (also the bit where the other people turned and gave me funny looks...)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 01:39:28 PM »
My favourite bit in Switchblade Romance, (also the bit where the other people turned and gave me funny looks...)
(click to show/hide)
:hysterical:

Well, the other people were probably concerned that they'd have to leave the theater at the same time as you...

RossRoy

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »
Max Payne leaked trailer!  :yahoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboQmDIdKWs