Author Topic: My Christmas Holiday Ham  (Read 3647 times)

snowcat

Re: My Christmas Holiday Ham
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 09:25:09 PM »
:yellowcard: to myself for being potty mouthed after too much alcohol intake

Bah, don't worry Rich................no Ham done  :hysterical:

::)

...I hope that was uhh, Punintentional?

Here is a tumbleweed so you don't have to say it :p

Touti

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »
Sorry Emma................but it was very intentional......................and easy.....I know  :bag: but Rich isn't alone today.....I am reaching an impressive level of alcohol intake myself..............I hope it counts as an excuse for this รด so easy "jeux de mot".

snowcat

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 09:30:56 PM »
Its ok.... today was my last day at work before Christmas, so we all piled into the pub for a drink.... or 4.... :bag:

richierich

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »
:yellowcard: to myself for being potty mouthed after too much alcohol intake

Bah, don't worry Rich................no Ham done  :hysterical:

<groan>

I'm feeling pretty Hammered now the red wine is flowing    :bag:

Najemikon

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »
I'm surrounded by piss-artists!

Touti

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 10:24:54 PM »

Jon.................2 drunk guys and one is french canadian...............what exactly did you expect  :shrug:

Najemikon

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 11:02:32 PM »

Jon.................2 drunk guys and one is french canadian...............what exactly did you expect  :shrug:

Well, Rich I can understand. But I thought French-Canadians only drank lemonade with little umbrellas in and, on special occasions, possibly a slice of lime. But lets not be vulgar.

:tease:

That's what this place has been lacking lately! A bit of healthy xenophobia.  :dance:

snowcat

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 11:07:24 PM »

Jon.................2 drunk guys and one is french canadian...............what exactly did you expect  :shrug:
:redcard: your forgetting the slightly merry English girl! *spills drink*
 ;)

Critter

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »
I see this is a thread about ham. I just have to ask... is anyone else vegetarian or is that just me?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 12:01:13 AM »
Me too! I am not vegan though - I eat yogurt, cheese etc. I just don't eat meat anymore. I never ate a lot of it but I haven't touched it since 1995. How do I remember the year?...I quit after watching the movie Babe! :laugh: True story!

Critter

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 12:08:57 AM »
Yay Kathy! I am not vegan either, I still eat cheese, although I don't drink milk and try and steer away from too much egg. I've been veggo for about 3 years now but I don't plan on going back anytime soon, I love it and don't miss meat at all. Babe is a fantastic Australian film. I'm glad it had an effect on you. I turned veggo after making a short film based on animal cruelty for a school project. I still have the film I made and can show you if anyone is interested. Although I should warn that it can be disturbing, but all the same I think it sends the right message.

RossRoy

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 12:25:16 AM »
I love meat! I don't think anything will ever make me give up meat.. and that's coming from someone who worked on many projects in slaughterhouses.. and I can tell you, I've seen it all..

Call me heartless if you want.. I just like my steak too much!

snowcat

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 12:34:16 AM »
Completely agree, I doubt id be able to give up meat either. My uncle owns a butchers and my dad used to work there... ive seen some disgusting things.

watched many a film in school about slaughtering etc, but I just like meat.

...Although I doubt id be able to eat an animal I had kept as a pet.

...I don't eat fish, but then that's because I hate the oily taste and smell :S

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 12:37:29 AM »
I don't know about others but I have no wish to see that film. I also try not to think about the reality of it because I don't like to see anyone or anything suffer.

Intellectually I don't miss it at all but it is hard in some ways - mostly the smell of kielbasa at Christmas. The aroma brings memories of Grandma and Grandpa's house on Christmas Eve.

I'm don't care when others eat it either - I will even cook it for my niece and nephews. It does gross me out though but I'll do it.

I was always a bit wary - I had never touched most meats. And the ones I ate - chicken, turkey, steaks or burger and fish - I would only eat a few bites of it. It just felt right for me when I decided I wasn't going to consume it anymore.

Edit: I should qualify that I am weird about other foods too. I won't touch things like Cool Whip (although I love real whipped cream) or gummy kinds of candy. I guess I like things to be fairly basic. I don't care for processed foods that much - although I love Diet Dr. Pepper and tortillas! And Fowler's sponge candy. And coffee - I must have my coffee. And.....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 12:44:57 AM by Kathy »

Critter

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 02:48:12 AM »
I don't know about others but I have no wish to see that film. I also try not to think about the reality of it because I don't like to see anyone or anything suffer.

That's cool Kathy I understand and won't post it. A lot of people prefer not to see content like this. I myself am the opposite and believe that if no one ever saw what really happened, then nothing would ever be done about it. And I do plan to help animals in the future and have been in contact with various animal rights groups so I watch the footage to prepare myself for what I am up against.

I'm don't care when others eat it either - I will even cook it for my niece and nephews. It does gross me out though but I'll do it.

I am the same as this, I am lucky actually becuase I have equally as many vegetarian friends as I fo meat eater ones but I never try and deliberatly turn someone off meat (with the exception of eal and KFC).