Author Topic: Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise  (Read 2162 times)

Najemikon

Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
« on: December 18, 2009, 03:30:14 AM »
I was just sorting out some shelves and found the remnants of my VHS collection. Included is the marvellous Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise. Akira may have been the Anime to break the West, but this pre-dates it by about a year and is a gorgeous story. I'd forgotten all about and would love to see it again, though I'd rather not rely on ancient technology...  ;)

It was released last year on Blu-Ray I believe (DVD included), but now seems to be generally out of print, stock, whatever. Even if it was still around, the price here at AxelMusic is typical. There are two sellers on Amazon UK Marketplace who do have it and want over twice that at least!

So if any of you know where I can get it, do let me know.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 03:46:18 AM »
They have some version at YesAsia Jon

Link

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 01:51:06 PM »
Well, that DVD price is better, but reviews suggest they were poor quality, so £16 would be too much for a sub-par release. They have the Blu at £69!  :stars:

I looked a little further into it and found these prices aren't high because it is rare, but because it's list price was set at that point. Madness!  :shrug:

Anyone else here seen the film? It never entered my head when we talked about Anime before, which is shameful, because it is wonderful. I might consider Axel's £40 mark if all else fails, with the excuse they probably won't be able to get it!  ;)

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 05:09:50 PM »
I'd searched on Ebay before, but missed that. Region 4 though. Worth checking on Chaos in that case. Thanks, Rich!  :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 05:44:24 PM »
Ordered! Thanks, Rich. I found it here at Chaos.com

The great thing about ordering in Australia is their bonkers tax system. It gets taken off when they see you're overseas, so £10.94 advertised, was really £9.94. Hey, a pounds a pound.  :laugh:

All you Anime fans should check this out. I'll endeavour to review it properly. Critter, you've definitely got no excuse...  :whistle:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »
You made me order it.

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
You've not seen it before, Tom? If not, thank you for trying it.  :thumbup:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »
No, I haven't seen it. I have never heard of it before.