Author Topic: Help  (Read 842 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Help
« on: December 17, 2009, 08:39:29 PM »
I have been running Firefox since I bought my computer. Today I keep getting this message: "Firefox could not install this item because of a failure in Chrome Registration. Please contact the author about this problem.". It comes up twice, which I delete each time, and then takes me to whatever I had requested.

I have tried to fix it by:
-Uninstalling Firefox and then reinstalling.
-Restoring my computer to one week ago.

What else should I do? I don't care for the looks of Internet Explorer or Opera - I tried both today - but will install Opera or another browser if this can't be fixed.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:46:51 PM »
Check under Tools->Add-Ons and try to disable your Add-Ons and Plug-Ins and check if one of them is causing the trouble.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:54:02 PM »
Kathy, do you use Vista? I thought the same as Karsten, but I wasn't sure that you had installed any add-ons, so it must have been fairly standard. I searched on that error because it sounded odd and someone said running as admin worked for him. Try this:

Right-click the Firefox icon on the desktop and select 'run as administrator'.

If it works, try closing Firefox and then re-open as you normally would.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 10:09:45 PM »
I did all of the above and now I am a happy happy camper  :thundergod: :yahoo: :thundergod:- thank you both! :bow: :bow:

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 10:14:29 PM »
Good stuff. Glad we could help!  :D

That'll be £39.99. I'll send you my Paypal address. Karsten, we can divvy up later...

:devil: