Author Topic: Family Guy: Something, Something, Something, Dark Side  (Read 2664 times)

Najemikon

Family Guy: Something, Something, Something, Dark Side
« on: December 16, 2009, 07:52:15 PM »
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed Blue Harvest, the parody of A New Hope with Family Guy. It's hilarious and affectionate at the same time. Now they've done a sequel!  :yahoo:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Family Guy: Something, Something, Something, Dark Side
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:37:17 AM »
I have the first one on DVD and liked it. I hesitate to buy the second one, I'd rather wait until they get released together on one disc...

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 01:17:59 PM »
I don't even own Blue Harvest, as it keeps getting shown on BBC3. I'd get them together if they were released though...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 06:13:03 PM »
I got Blue Harvest when I found it marked down.
I'll probably do the same for this one.

Critter

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:38:16 PM »
I am a fan of the Family Guy series and of the Star Wars films but for some reason I just couldn't stand Blue Harvest. :bag:
I watched the entire thing and didn't laugh once, I don't even think it made me grin.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 06:47:32 AM »
I like Family Guy ok, but lately I've lost interest in it.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 11:28:27 AM »
Another series I have never seen an episode of...I really don't want much TV I guess! I had picked up that Stevie Head DVD set for my brother and it has this episode in it - I'll check it out when I go out there.

snowcat

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »
I really, really, really dispise family guy ¬_¬

I don't find it funny "you remember when this happened?" :/ ok... it was funny the first time. You remmeber when I watched this show and didn't get annoyed? nope me neither  ;)

I think I also have a Cartman complex.

"Oh Emma, you must love Family Guy, its your type of humor" :/

¬_¬ ughhhh, Its like the Simpsons :S I just don't understand what people see in them :S I love South Park though  ;)

Critter

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 10:30:12 AM »
¬_¬ ughhhh, Its like the Simpsons :S I just don't understand what people see in them :S I love South Park though

Do you like Golden Age Simpsons? Eg season 4 through 11? Or do you just not like any of them at all? I myself love the Simpsons but can't even stand to look at any of the episodes made in about the last 10 years becuase they are all so bad. And I too, love South Park  ;D

snowcat

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:57:38 AM »
Nope, ive never liked the Simpsons :S I watch it all the time because my brother watches it... weirdly... its on right now.

Critter

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »
Ah fair enough. Myself and some of my mates know every quote inside out, and can tell which episode it is from any of the original 1-10 series from just the first minute of the episode. Yep I am that much of a Simpsons nerd haha :P.

northbloke

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »
I don't even own Blue Harvest, as it keeps getting shown on BBC3. I'd get them together if they were released though...

I thought I'd seen a double pack advertised when I was price checking this, but when I've gone to double check it turns out it's going to be region 1 only. Don't know if that's any good to you (average price seemed about $20).

Najemikon

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 06:34:25 PM »
Thanks, I'll check it out! Might wait for a bargain Blu-Ray price though. Might as well do it properly... 

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 02:27:10 AM »
I picked up Something, Something, Something Dark Side sometime in January.  I did like it, though I didn't think it was as good as Blue Harvest.

I even managed to get a review posted on Epinions.  Something, Something, Something Dark Side