Author Topic: So I was thinking about getting a CSI boxset.  (Read 864 times)

snowcat

So I was thinking about getting a CSI boxset.
« on: December 16, 2009, 12:11:05 AM »
So, Ive never really watched CSI but I hear good things about it and im interested in getting into it.

So I take a look around and find there are a few series :S

what would you guys recommend to be the best place to start?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: So I was thinking about getting a CSI boxset.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 12:18:06 AM »
I've only watched a few episodes of each of the series so I'm not the best judge to pick which one is the best. But, I always like to start at the beginning of things, so I would probably start with the original series CSI.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 05:56:34 AM »
I like the original, in Las Vegas, (with that dude from Manhunter, Peterson...?) a lot and think that it's a good show to recommend.

I don't care for "New York" (Gary Sinise), but will admit I have not watched a full episode, because I didn't care.

I have watched several episodes of "Miami" and wonder why, as I hate it with a passion. David Caruso is not a bad actor but really comes off as a one-trick-pony here.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 06:05:49 AM »
I really like the original one..Las Vegas.  I have a few seasons and hope to get more at some point.

I couldn't get through one episode of Miami..not sure what it was now, but I couldn't stand it.  I got through a few episodes of New York, but I gave up on it too.  I didn't care for something about that one either.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 06:42:30 AM »
I couldn't get through one episode of Miami..not sure what it was now, but I couldn't stand it. 
It's overly dramiatic in general, made worse by Caruso's constant use of dramatic pauses in his.....

....sentences.