Author Topic: Another question for the gamers.  (Read 1300 times)

Touti

Another question for the gamers.
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »
I've been playing Assassin's creed for 5 days now and there's a glitch in the graphics sometimes and characters go inside things like walls or other stuff around.  It's been a few years since I last played a computer game and I thought that kind of problems were resolved nowadays so I'm wondering if this is still "normal" behavior or if it's a problem with my video card being either not powerful enough or misconfigured.

I have a Readeon 4350.

Najemikon

Re: Another question for the gamers.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:09:42 AM »
Try dropping the resolution and/or some of the visual effects to see if it still does it. If so, make sure you have the very latest drivers.

I've been getting the glitch on Batman, but I pop back into Windows, just in time to see a driver error message. Go back into Batman and it works very well from then on.  :shrug:

snowcat

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:10:41 AM »
Unfortunately Eric it could also be a problem with a game. because games are so massed produced now beta testers get lazy, or though I admit beta testing is a hard job you have to go out of you way to walk in to walls etc but sometimes these things don't get noticed until released and then get patched.

I know upon release for the 360 people were reporting random map glitches, getting stuck in things and unlocking achievements for no reason, I believe thats been patched.... are you playing it via Steam? or is it the actual game?

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »
I haven't had any such problems with mine though (retail version, updated through Steam).

Touti

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 03:40:56 PM »
I bought mine from Direct2Drive and downloaded the patch from Ubisoft's site.  It's not a big problem really, I never end up lost inside a wall or something like that.  I just noticed noticed a few times during sword fights that half of my character's body was pushed through walls of other objects.  It doesn't affect the playing and I was really only wondering if my card was underpowered for games because I just bought it a few weeks ago for my HD-DVD player and since I had no plans of getting into games again at the time I didn't went for a budget card.

For now it does the job, I jope I won't have to upgrade it again when Assassin's Creed 2 gets released.

snowcat

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »
I haven't had any such problems with mine though (retail version, updated through Steam).

the problems were with the 360 version, i was just curious as to whether they were in other versions too.