Author Topic: Do you collect anything besides DVD's?  (Read 9377 times)

Critter

Re: Do you collect anything besides DVD's?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 03:36:37 AM »
Higurashi
Ouran High School Host Club
Noir
Naruto

From these I have only seen "Noir". Don't own it myself. Overall I enjoyed it. But it moved too slowly for the most part. If they would have trimmed some stuff and made the series half as long, it would have been great.
I had watched the interviews of the English voice cast on the DVDs. Seeing the voice actresses talk stupid stuff made me glad that I only watch original soundtracks. The way they talked about the series made me doubt that they have any idea what they were talking about. There is a scene towards the end of the series, of which they thought it was unfitting and they had no idea when this came about. But if they would have paid attention, they would have seen this coming long ago. I was surprised that the makers really spelled it out so blatantly. Guess so that the last dumb viewer also gets it.

There are very few shows I watched with the English dubbing, I usually always read the English subs. If you don't like slow moving shows then DO NOT watch Naruto. The pace of that show drives me crazy sometimes, it's all full of flashbacks and memories so much that one simple fight can last 10 episodes. After watching that show for a while you feel like you have seen everything that happens 50 times becuase they keep repreating it in flashbacks! I do like some aspects of the show though, I suppose it is sort of a guilty pleasure show haha.That sounds annoying with Noir and the voice-actors who didn't know what they were talking about, if someone is going to dedicate their voice to a show I feel they should at least properly understand the materiel.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 07:11:43 AM »
Books.  I have all sorts of books.  In the last few years I have started getting more books tied to movies..like how they were made..and some about comic book characters.

Various stuffed animals, especially if they are Looney Tunes or Disney characters.  I have a stuffed Sylvester that is 4 feet tall.  :lol  I have other Looney Tunes and Disney stuff too..mugs, glasses...few pictures. 

I have a bunch of Harry Potter trading card game cards. 

I have a few movie posters..I would like more.  In fact, I'd like more movie related stuff.  Maybe someday.

umm...I still have my Care Bears somewhere - the original ones from when I was a kid. 

I have a bunch of Beanie Babies, though I stopped getting them several years ago for the most part.  Just too many of them to keep up with.

Hallmark Christmas ornaments.

Think that is it.

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »
Comic Books!!!

thing is I read most digital, so there are reallyonly a handful. I am also looking forward to collect the new Marvel trading cards coming out.

venomsinner

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 12:46:15 PM »
I have a few guitars, I wouldn't say I really collect them though, I collect sheet music to movies though.

Rogmeister

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »
I have had several collections.  I used to get comic books.  I quit buying in 1984 when I realized I wasn't reading much...then I started again around 1990 and read for about a decade.  I haven't bought much of anything since around 2000 except for some reprint books.  I also have CDs and video games and I'm not buying a lot of those either though I do get an occasional one.  My most recent CD purchase was by Reba McEntire and I may get the new one by Terri Clark.  I also have a lot of books.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
I do books and music, but not really badly.  The other fun thing I'm into is puzzles!  Here's a shot I just snapped at my desk.  I have a lot more at home.  They're a fun conversation starter when people stop by my desk.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:36:26 PM by Mark Harrison »

lovemunkey187

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 12:47:26 PM »
Comic Books!!!

thing is I read most digital, so there are reallyonly a handful. I am also looking forward to collect the new Marvel trading cards coming out.

If you don't know of it, I can highly recommend - Freak Angels

There's about 80 episodes(each one 6 pages) to go through.

nabinbuzz

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 11:38:59 AM »
I  have a large collection of graphic and web related materials like Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, Css etc, around the world. In terms of open source i have collection of wordpress, joomla and drupal. I always do buy Photoshop tricks and techniques since last 5 years. I think this really helpful for those who just step into the digital design world as well as advance user who wants to create really impressive design to their client.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 12:40:13 PM »
I see we have a new member!

Welcome nabinbuzz  :cheers:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 06:41:39 AM »
Welcome, nabinbuzz.

That seems to be an unuasual collector's item. :thumbup:

karmesinrot

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 10:23:25 PM »
Hi nabinbuzz!  :clap:
I collect The Babysitter's Club books from charity shops, and also rubber ducks hehe

EdwinK

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
Besides DVD's/Blu-rays I am collecting books (SF, WW2, Harry Potter (I try to get at least one book of the serie in various languages) and old cell phones). 

DonnieDarko

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »
Well,

besides DVDs and Blu-Rays, I collect CDs, but not in such an enormous amount, only buying the really essential stuff on CD.
Also a few Comics, but only 2 series, ah yes I forgot, also collecting Eaglemoss LOTR figures :)

cheers
Donnie

Critter

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 04:05:57 PM »
Which are the two comic series that you buy Donnie?

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2010, 04:29:33 PM »
Books and CDs are my two other collections. I used to do comics and US published graphic novels of manga but gave that up when the unread stacks grew too big.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.