Author Topic: Uhh... I need help naming my screen play.  (Read 2159 times)

snowcat

Uhh... I need help naming my screen play.
« on: October 30, 2009, 10:08:55 PM »
Ok so, Im terrible at naming things, and I mean terrible ¬_¬ my cat is called Tigger... how original.

So, Ive bee writing this screenplay for a while now, (I write alot of films for college... and because I like writing :p) and I have no idea what to call it.

Without giving away too much its an ensemble story following 4 people, and some tragic happens to all of them at the end, they stories all cross at some point in the film.... think Magnolia style.

4 stories are
A couple who rushed into marriage loose there baby and question if they were together because of the pregnancy.
A man dying of aids, hates his life and the pity he receives from people
A doctor who is known for being the best doctor in the hospital, everyone loves him patients love him but he never gets to see him family.
finally a man whos wife is addicted to drugs, cant afford to pay for his sons childcare and ends up loosing his job.

Without giving the whole story away! (im notorious for that!)
I was wondering if anyone has any idea what I can call it :p

A short film I wrote for college is currently in production, and I ended up calling it Delirious (like the John Candy movie :P) due to the confusion of the characters... but I was never happy with the title.

anyway! all suggestions appreciated :P

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Uhh... I need help naming my screen play.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 10:25:43 PM »
Ok so, Im terrible at naming things, and I mean terrible ¬_¬ my cat is called Tigger... how original.

Mine was called Tiger  :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 10:49:31 PM »
Sounds ambitious! But intriguing. They all seem to be stories about nostalgia and regret, trying to rationalise their past with present, etc? There have been similar stories like Crash and Changing Lanes, so thinking along those lines, perhaps something to do with rivers... "Midstream", perhaps. Suggesting a flow all in the same direction but unable to know where they are exactly or how much it matters.

Or something...  :headscratch:

snowcat

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 10:57:49 PM »
Interesting, yes it is very much like Crash... and thats an interesting idea... I was hoping for a one word title but I cant stop thinking of terrible variations of the word group ¬_¬ lol.

but they all seem to blame there past for there current problems so... hmm,.... If I ever make a big Hollywood film im employing someone to name things for me! :p

I like of things flowing though

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 11:01:02 PM »
"Heavy Flow"

Why does that sound... wrong?

:devil:

I did think of "Don't Look Back In Anger", but the reason I though of it is that it's already a film. :whistle:

richierich

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 11:06:31 PM »
"Heavy Flow"

Why does that sound... wrong?

:o

:hysterical:

snowcat

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 11:09:09 PM »
LOL... oh dear.... I can imagine that causing some controversy XD

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 11:19:08 PM »
"Crossroads" firstly because they all cross paths at one time and secondly you encounter crossroads in your life where you have to choose which way to go and they all seem to have take a wrong turn somewhere in their past.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »
"Crossroads" firstly because they all cross paths at one time and secondly you encounter crossroads in your life where you have to choose which way to go and they all seem to have take a wrong turn somewhere in their past.
Downside: There is a Britney Spears movie with this title.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 11:37:44 PM »

But "Crossroads" could have sequels: "The Road Not Taken" & "The Road Less Travelled". ;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

richierich

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 12:15:05 AM »
Switchback

snowcat

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »
So last night I couldn't sleep because this is literally driving me mad, lol.

I wrote a list of things that link the characters and I came up with the word Catalyst.

So, Catalyst fits because everything that happens through out the film is just a Catalyst for the final events in each characters story, obviously that's kind of like any film right? but... Catalyst fits here because and I cant give away the ending, but everything that happens forces the 4 main characters of each story to do something at the end.

Thanks for the help guys!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 06:25:19 AM »
There was another one before that, with Ralph Maggio I believe.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 11:32:06 AM »
Potatoes.

A title like that is going to make people curious, if for no other reason that it's such a common word.

There was another one before that, with Ralph Maggio I believe.

There was it, was inspired by the legend of Robert Johnson.

Najemikon

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 11:33:14 AM »
 :hysterical: