Author Topic: Anyone up for a photo thread?  (Read 44570 times)

lyonsden5

Re: Anyone up for a photo thread?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2009, 10:32:59 PM »
Very nice. Congrats Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »
Today Brittany decided to wear one of her Christmas sweatshirts. So I went to her room and snapped a few pics. I was going to put these in the Merry Christmas thread... but thought maybe it would fit here better....

When I went into her room she was reading the book Hound of the Baskervilles

So I asked her to take a break to snap a few shots...

My little baby is really growing up!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2009, 07:37:51 PM »
Not that much, she had an Hanna Montanna calendar in her room :P

MEJHarrison

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2009, 07:48:33 PM »
Not that much, she had an Hanna Montanna calendar in her room :P

Anyone who reads The Hound of the Baskervilles can be forgiven a Hanna Montana calendar! :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2009, 08:02:01 PM »
Especially when the Hanna Montana Calendar was a present from her father who just isn't ready to see his baby grow up yet. I almost bought her a Spongebob calendar for next year today! But for some reason she told me she didn't want me to buy her a calendar this year!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2009, 02:39:54 AM »
Of course I took some pictures Christmas morning. So figured I would show some of them here...

This first picture is of my older brother, Sam (Brother that had the Birthday on Christmas Eve). Everyone was laughing at him and teasing him about this picture all day! Because of a comment I made. See he apparently didn't sleep good that night... and he kept falling asleep in the chair while Britt was opening gifts... And I told everyone he looked like a baby bird waiting to be fed!  :laugh:  :tease:

This is one of Britt's favorite gifts...

Of course this is one of the things she asked for that she really wanted...

On to me... sure... give the fat man some candy!   :P

And of course... New DVDs!  :yahoo:

Then we headed to my Mother-in-Law's house where I got this pic of her main gift to Brittany

so I imagine we will be seeing some pics from Britt once she comes home.  :)
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2009, 03:44:47 AM »
Ooo..cool shirt with all the super heroes. 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 11:25:18 PM »
My sister send me that awfull picture today, no idea where she found this (I sure don't take that one) :hmmmm:
I send her an email to ask but no response yet...

I think it was taken at Quebec City on a school trip when I was in my fourth year of high school (is it the equivalent of our secondaire 4?). So it was was taken 23 years ago, try to find who I am :laugh:

By the way I was in love with the girl with the white pant and the jeans coat in the middle of the front row. It brings good memories of some great nights of my teenage years :devil:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 11:34:53 PM »
Looks definitively like the 80s. ;D
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

snowcat

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »
Nice pic Jimmy! I always hate it when family find pictures of me from years ago ¬_¬ ughh, I got my mother some old films developed (from about 10 years ago) there are some awful pictures of me there!

richierich

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2010, 12:29:13 PM »
I look at it and expect you all to break out in song and dance FAME - I WANNA LIVE FOREVER etc etc  :devil:

Critter

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2010, 12:47:03 AM »
Hey guys, I just got back from being in Melbourne for four days where I went to Big Day Out. For those who don't know what that is it's a giant music festival that travels from New Zealand, to several different cities in Australia and the Melbourne one is always during Australia Day so we use it as an Australia Day celebration. I was there with 6 friends from morning to night (alltogether about 17 hours) and by the next day hardly any of us could walk haha. There was 50,000 people there and it was a very hot day so they used spriklers coming off the stages and hosed the crowds to keep us cool. I didn't see all the artists of course becuase it would be impossible but some that were there were Ladyhawke, Miami Horror, Bluejuice, Powderfinger, Muse, Lily Allen, Girl Talk, Karnivool, The Mars Volta, Hilltop Hoods, Dizzee Rascel, Kasabian, Passion Pit... etc etc. There are many more but I can't remember them all. I thought I would chuck a couple of photos up, some terribles ones taken by me and some good ones taken by the newspaper.

Lily Allen wore a top made of a colourful Aussie flag to get into the spirit of things.

An example of the crowd getting hosed down from the stage to cool us off.

I thought this one was funny, people looking through piles of lost shoes found in various moshpits.

One I took, just in a crowd.

Another very blurry one that I took of the Muse set at night.

Also this is just a quick video I found. Where Lily Allen had a crowd of about 20,000 singing F*ck You in unison to racists and homophobes. The video isn't great because it was filmed behind a tree and only gets a bit of the crowd but you get the idea, it was loads of fun being in it.
*Warning for language*
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:52:59 AM by Critter »

snowcat

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2010, 08:29:58 AM »
And hear is me doing one of those very rare things, Directing and Camera work  :P No, no... The rare part is the work  ;)

..I forgot how boring promotional can be :/

Najemikon

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2010, 07:41:02 PM »
That brings back memories! That looks like a smaller version of the ones I was using back in '92... :laugh:

I somehow missed Critter's pics. They're very good; you seem to capture the mood well, even the "blurry" Muse one. Overall I'm inexplicably drawn to the first Lily Allen one... :P Good to see she's still causing trouble.

Critter

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2010, 11:24:14 PM »
That brings back memories! That looks like a smaller version of the ones I was using back in '92... :laugh:

I somehow missed Critter's pics. They're very good; you seem to capture the mood well, even the "blurry" Muse one. Overall I'm inexplicably drawn to the first Lily Allen one... :P Good to see she's still causing trouble.

Lily Allen was one of my favourite acts for the day. She really knows how to get the crowd going and shes absolutley hilarious, especially in TV interviews, she's definatly an artist that really doesn't take crap from anyone.