Author Topic: Anyone up for a photo thread?  (Read 46088 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a photo thread?
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2010, 09:45:19 PM »
As I've said earlier this is some old familly pictures I got while I was at my mother house.

My mother and my father before their wedding while they were dating. My father is 24 years old and my mother 19 years old on this picture.

Me and my little brother (who is of course taller than me now). I'm 4 years old on this picture and my brother is 10 months old.

Me and my little baby sister. I'm 8 years old (and now I wear glasses) and my sister is 4 months old.

Not a really good picture of all the kids together, but I post it because my sister was the most beautifull baby girl I've ever seen. I am 10 years old, my brother is 7 years old and my sister is almost 3 years old.

See what I means ;D
She's 2 and a half years on that picture.

Finally a relativelly more recent picture of me with my nephew. This was probably taken more than 6 years ago, I've a lot of grey hair now :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2010, 06:51:52 AM »
Great pictures, Jimmy! Thanks for sharing.

Finally a relativelly more recent picture of me with my nephew. This was probably taken more than 6 years ago, I've a lot of grey hair now :laugh:
At least you have hair which can turn grey :laugh:

My head seems uncertain whether it should turn grey (what little is left slowly switches color) or to turn bold (the top is terribly thin now, may have to ask for 50% off at the barber shop soon).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2010, 07:09:35 AM »
Great pictures, Jimmy! Thanks for sharing.
No problem ;D
But some of those seventies furnitures were sure ugly (the sofa in the third picture is a good exemple of this) and can you believe that the big thing in front of my sister was a stereo (with a 8 track reader and a 78 RPM setting... I'm sure that some of our younger members had no idea of what I'm talking about :laugh:)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »
I love the pictures - who doesn't love orange chairs!

I've got blond hair that has been going gray too. I never go to the beauty salon (I cut my own hair) so one day my niece told me she was shocked that I had gotten highlights in my hair. Highlights...nope, gray...yep!  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »
(I cut my own hair)
:o

so one day my niece told me she was shocked that I had gotten highlights in my hair. Highlights...nope, gray...yep!  :laugh:
:hysterical:

Critter

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2010, 10:37:56 AM »
So I recently went to Supanova which is Melbourne's biggest pop culture expo. There are a few conventions in Melbourne, anime ones etc but Supanova is a combined sci-fi/fantasy/gaming/anime/manga/comics/film&TV etc so it's pretty big. Like all cons people are encouraged to dress up or cosplay. This was actually my first geek convention so I didn't dress up but my friend and I got some photos of some of the costumes we thought were very good so I thought I would post some. If they end up being too big I will put all the photos in spoiler tages becuase I don't want the post to end up massive.
Oh and also something I found quite funny were the guests, two of the guests were James Masters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Alex Marez which is someone from the Twilight series. Masters had about a 4 hour long line in front of him all day for autographs etc and the actor from the Twilight series hardly had anyone all day.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:21:23 PM by Critter »

Najemikon

« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2010, 12:39:53 PM »
They aren't too big, Critter. I reckon it's safe to release the spoiler tag.

:hysterical:

The Predator's feet crack me up! Brilliant. The Serenity crew look odd, although "Zoe" is pretty foxy...  :devil:

Critter

« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2010, 02:24:42 PM »
Alright spoiler tag gone. I thought that the Serenity crew actually did an amazing job costume wise. They had a Simon as well, he must have been somewhere else during that photo but as far as costumes go it seemed spot on. It took them a long time too, I spoke to the one who was Mal and he said it took them months to get everything which included actual combat Israeli defence force suspenders. And yeah I laughed at the Predators feet as well, it certainly was a nice touch. ::)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2010, 02:25:09 PM »
So have you met the guys from (Cool) Shite on the Tube? They are a podcast team from Tasmania who are helping/part of the organizing team behind Supanova? (I may have asked you if you know them before... :-[)

Critter

« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2010, 02:28:39 PM »
Achim I actually did see their name there, it was printed on one of the bags I got where they listed sponsers etc and then I remeber you telling me about them. Not actually sure what they did there though, there was just so many things to do that I feel I hardly saw half of it.

snowcat

« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2010, 04:55:36 PM »
So I was clearing up my Photo bucket account and found a few random pictures.

So firstly here are a few shots of a couple of my DVD shelves,

Here we can see some DVDs, my signed Metalica picture and some other random stuff

here is a couple billion more DVDs and my Darth Vader mask yes, its a voice changer.

Again, more DVDs and this time you can see Spawn and my limited edition Marley plush (from Marley and Me)

Some of you may have notices what looks like a giant spider in some of those photos (well... spider legs) and well it is a large spider... Spider-man hangs from it.

And finally here is the last picture... this is my ceiling, ...it is pretty much full of Star Wars models.

karmesinrot

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2010, 11:41:11 AM »
That girls Na'avi (?) costume is amazing! I wonder if she just painted straight onto her body.  :clap: Did you get to meet James Marsters Sophie?

Critter

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »
I know! There were other people dressed as Na'vi there but she really blew the rest away with that amazing costume. She was sitting right next to me during one of the shows it was awesome! And unfortunatly I didn't get to meet James, my friend and I thought about it for a while but the line was huge and it was expensive to see him and have a photo and autograph as well. I did see him from a distance if that means anything haha.  ::)

Critter

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2010, 09:49:32 AM »
I was in the newspaper last week.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2010, 10:46:36 AM »
"They call her 'Blue Arrow'" ;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools