Author Topic: 3 'scariest moments' in movies  (Read 1548 times)

richierich

3 'scariest moments' in movies
« on: October 05, 2009, 12:12:36 AM »
On topic for this months mass horror marathon spree, what are your 3 memorable 'scariest' moments in film.....

Mine;

1/ The ending of Blair Witch, with the guy rocking too and fro in the basement (get chills just typing it)
2/ hellraiser - after the guy solved the puzzle and got hung up on hooks and chains by body and face, and then the first appearance of pinhead
3/ nosferatu - just looking at the count in this old film gives me the creeps

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: 3 'scariest moments' in movies
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 12:36:30 AM »
1) The home video of the familly murder in Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer
2) The Templar riding their horse in the Blind Dead series
3) The doll in The Bermuda Triangle (I don't like doll and this one is scary looking)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:45:37 AM »
:hmmmm:

• night diving scene in Jaws
  • clown scene in Poltergeist
  • any night scene in Horror of Dracula (hey, I was ten when I watched this first)

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 01:10:25 AM »
Cool idea! But I can't narrow it down. :shrug: Just of the top of my head, these are scariest scenes:

• The Grudge 2: You find out what was causing the banging noise in the girls apartment...
  • Alien: Ripley hums a song while trying get into the spacesuit before the creature wakes up...
  • The Haunting: The girls wake up after a night holding hands as something kept trying the door...

But best jump moments, I can't get down from four; "head bob" in Jaws, the attic in The Exorcist, the rooftop scene in Dark Water and the grave at the end of Carrie.

And then, the most disturbing scenes that are just languishing in the macabre!  :devil:  The zombie feast in Day of the Dead, a vision of hell in Event Horizon, Leatherface whirling his chainsaw around while the girl is probably going insane and the man-in-the-sack having a hearty meal in Audition... :weirdo:

northbloke

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 01:39:50 AM »
There are just so many of them, but I'll give it a go:

Sadako crawling out of the TV in Ringu.

Finding out what happened to the girl in Spoorloos.

and the cemetary scene in Plague of Zombies always got me as a kid.

RossRoy

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 01:42:54 AM »
For me, it'd have to be

1: the girl in the closet in The Ring (I still haven't actually seen her properly!)
2: the head in Jaws
3: the Sloth victim in Se7en

Honorable mention: anytime you see the ghost or whatever move in The Grudge (something about the way it moves gives me the creeps)

snowcat

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 11:04:16 AM »

1. when Danny is being chased by Jack in the Shinning (the maze) for some reason that really gets to me :S
2. Misery
(click to show/hide)
3. The scene where the bride is buried alive in Kill Bill 2 (that's one thing that scares me in everyday life)

Critter

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 11:29:10 AM »
1. Silence of the Lambs - Night goggles scene!
2. Poltergeist - All of it! Especially thunderstorm scene.
3. Not technically a horror but in Changeling - where that boy was describing how his (uncle?) forced him to murder the young kids with him. Absolutly chilling monologue by a great young actor.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 08:28:52 AM »
Hmmm...I haven't seen as many scary or horror type movies...but let me see.

The grave in Carrie..still gets me at least somewhat ..similar scenes in other movies get me too.
Basically all of Blair Witch freaked me out...and I was jumpy the rest of the night. 
I'm not sure what else at the moment.  I'll have to think more.