Author Topic: DVD Profiler 3.6.0 Beta is available  (Read 19873 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: DVD Profiler 3.6.0 Beta is available
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »
I just noticed something in the new 3.6, which doesn't seem to work anymore.
Right-clicking on the contribution and the locks icon in the General Info window does not open up the context menu anymore.
Anyone else experiencing this?

northbloke

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2010, 07:47:23 PM »
I still get the context menus when I right-click.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2010, 08:54:04 PM »
I just noticed something in the new 3.6, which doesn't seem to work anymore.
Right-clicking on the contribution and the locks icon in the General Info window does not open up the context menu anymore.
Anyone else experiencing this?

It works for me (Win7 x64)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »
Strange. Even stranger is, that it works for the exclusions, loan status and profiler update button.

Edit: I just found out, it works if I hit a specific small area just below the icon.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:58:03 PM by Tom »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »
Strange. Even stranger is, that it works for the exclusions, loan status and profiler update button.

I suppose you mean the icon with the hand under the disc? Because Disc+People doesn't open a context menu either (did it ever?).
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2010, 09:03:28 PM »
I suppose you mean the icon with the hand under the disc? Because Disc+People doesn't open a context menu either (did it ever?).
The disc icon opens a context menu containing: "Contribute" (contributing the profile changes) and "Never Contribute" (ignore profile changes and reset status)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2010, 02:28:14 AM »
I wish Ken wouldn't have implemented the default browser redirection for links in HTML sections. It messes up window.open calls (you can't specify a window name) and the returned window object doesn't support the ServiceProvider interfaces (TopBrowser, WebBrowser). All that happens even if IE is the default browser. Argh.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2010, 07:19:48 AM »
To the rescue here I come:

Transform your 3.6.0 XML format back to the 3.5.1 format: http://doena-soft.de/dvdprofiler/3.6.0/Convert360XMLTo351XML.zip
:bow:

Thanks (again, since I posted elsewhere earlier...).

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »
To the rescue here I come:

Transform your 3.6.0 XML format back to the 3.5.1 format: http://doena-soft.de/dvdprofiler/3.6.0/Convert360XMLTo351XML.zip
:bow:

Thanks (again, since I posted elsewhere earlier...).

As always: Pure egoism on my part. I wanted to upgrade to 3.6.0 and needed a way to make it work with phpDVDProfiler. ;)
Karsten

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2010, 07:11:06 PM »
One drawback of no longer visiting the Invelos forums is that you get confused by the terminology. :stars:

Can anyone tell me what the new case types "Box" and "Digibook" are supposed to be? I did look into the pinned case type thread in the Contribution forum, but didn't find anything there.

Is "Box" now for box sets? I remember that DVDPro once had the case type "Boxset", which got changed to "Slipcase". Now there are both "Box" and "Slipcase". And what's the difference between a "Digipak" and a "Digibook"?
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2010, 07:19:12 PM »
I've got a lot of what I would consider he means by "Digibook". They're generally budget release boxsets of 3 films. The packaging is a cardboard drawer sleeve, exactly like a digipak, where a plastic insert would be glued inside to hold the disc, except it has two extra plastic inserts. They're held in place as you would a spine, so they do flap like pages, hence the thing reference to "book"...

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2010, 08:42:46 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the new case types "Box" and "Digibook" are supposed to be? I did look into the pinned case type thread in the Contribution forum, but didn't find anything there.

Is "Box" now for box sets? I remember that DVDPro once had the case type "Boxset", which got changed to "Slipcase". Now there are both "Box" and "Slipcase". And what's the difference between a "Digipak" and a "Digibook"?

Box is for when the DVD or Blu-ray comes packaged within a box there were some examples on invelos but I can't find them at present.
ninehours did a nice example here not sure how to link directly to a post.

Sorry I disagree with Jon on the digibook. My understanding is that the US, as well as a couple of other countries, have taken to release a disc within a book such that you have a digipack type sleeve on a book.

Dave

Edited to add link for box pictures
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:47:30 PM by dfmorgan »
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2010, 09:17:34 PM »
Thanks, Jon and Dave. I also found the thread that probably caused the Digibook addition (here). What Jon describes seems to be a Digistak, also used for TV seasons. No idea if that would be a Digibook or a Digipak according to Invelos (probably the latter, but who knows). Anyway, at least now I have an idea where those terms came from.
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2010, 09:37:02 PM »
Ah, right. "Digistak", eh? Ah, well I long gave up worrying about contributions, so I'll just keep calling 'em "cases". Nice catch all term!  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2010, 06:50:45 AM »
Are others than Warner using the Digibook? All I have seem to be from them.