Author Topic: DVD Profiler 3.6.0 Beta is available  (Read 19877 times)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Profiler 3.6.0 Beta is available
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2010, 03:03:57 PM »
I was one of those who requested it.  Keep in mind it only concerns fully locked profiles.
Have you tried what happens if you press "no" and then unlock it manually force an update via the Online menu?

I haven't tried anything, I just read the forum posts. Manually choosing Preview Changes will probably work, but the important thing is to know that there is an update available in the first place.

I suppose I will find a way to work around it, but it really annoys me. Currently, I switch to fully locked as soon as I edit a profile myself and at the same time an audit log is created for the profile where I make my field-specific notes.

And that means that every single time I open such a profile for editing I get this "There's an update available" and there's nothing I can do about it. If I say no it comes up the next time again.

That I don't understand. If you choose "Skip this Update" from the context menu of the Update-available icon all should be fine and dandy for you until a newer update comes down the pipe.
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2010, 03:52:45 PM »
And that means that every single time I open such a profile for editing I get this "There's an update available" and there's nothing I can do about it. If I say no it comes up the next time again.

That I don't understand. If you choose "Skip this Update" from the context menu of the Update-available icon all should be fine and dandy for you until a newer update comes down the pipe.

I never use the update available button, I simply double-click the profile and open it for edit. I didn't even know this icon had a context menu...
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2010, 04:14:48 PM »
I never use the update available button, I simply double-click the profile and open it for edit. I didn't even know this icon had a context menu...

Well, I suppose I can't blame you for not knowing something, but when Ken read your feature request, he should have at least pointed that out to you instead of implementing something stupid without even a way to disable it.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2010, 09:15:08 AM »
I am with Matthias and RHo on this one. If selecting No removes the update flag then this new feature is a FAIL.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010, 08:41:03 AM »
Ken released a version that is considered a Release Candidate...
Karsten

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »
I installed this one now, figuring a RC should be safe. Well, it crashes a lot, sometimes without doing anything out of the ordinary at all. I have not yet seen any pattern in the crashes so that it's hard to report. I wonder if a "clean" install (removing everything and instal again) could help. I run it in a virtual machine with XP, but that shouldn't be the problem by a long stretch.

lyonsden5

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
Had zero trouble on a Win7 and an XP machine here. installed and upgraded the existing DBs on both machines just fine.  :headscratch:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »
:weep:

I never had problems before with DVD Profiler, ever. Well, gotta start somewhere. Just in case I had posted it at Invelos too, hoping someone else may have similar troubles and we can hunt it down. I may still try the fresh installation tomorrow, see if that changes anything.

EDIT:
So I went ahead and did the reinstallation. While doing that I noticed that I had a whole bunch of plugins installed, one of which may be the culprit :bag:, so O removed all of them and will look out for newer versions in the weeks after the official program release. Anyway, when I finished I noticed that the de-installation i snot very thorough. several tabs added by me were available at first startup and it also still new which layout to load, a bit sloppy, I'd say.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 06:08:17 PM by Achim »

lyonsden5

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2010, 06:51:51 PM »
Great. Noy I can't open my database. It's all your fault Achim!  :redcard: ( :laugh: )

Any ideas? Virus and Firewall software turned off. Ran the DB repair two times. I can use the create blank db option and get the program running but can't open my default db.  :shrug:

Win7 64 bit. I was using it last night after the install/conversion just fine. Tried to open it a while ago and received the error

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2010, 06:57:13 PM »
Did you try a reboot?
Maybe it as simple as that the USERS.DAT file is still accessed by a hung process.

lyonsden5

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2010, 07:22:58 PM »
Wow. That easy eh?  :bag:

THANKS TOM!  :cheers:

Najemikon

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2010, 10:07:10 PM »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2010, 10:19:52 PM »
Karsten

Najemikon

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2010, 11:04:42 PM »
While we're on this subject, have any of you seen LMGTFY.com? It's a very clever website. Basically it very quickly helps you create a link you can send to someone who asked for tech support and it demonstrates to them how they should resolve their problem. Works every time.

It's the next generation "RTFM!" :devil: