Author Topic: Hello, new member from Australia.  (Read 6684 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, new member from Australia.
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »
A warm welcome from me too!

I keep my DVDs organized alphabetically by title with rare exceptions. For example I keep all my Die Hard movies together under "D" even though the last one starts with "L". I store my collection on floor to ceiling shelving units that cover all 4 walls in my living room. The shelves are quite deep and I keep my hard cover books in back and the DVDs in front. I'm afraid I have overflow DVDs in a few bookcases in the bedroom too but I have been trying to slowly get rid of some of them. The problem is I always end up buying more!

I bought a digital camera (but still don't know how to use it!) so I don't have any photos. I use the same site as everyone else, listed under Kathy, if you wanted to take a peek.

Critter

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »
Hi Kathy!

I would hate to have to get rid of DVD's, even if they were overflowing. I would never be able to pick which ones have to go.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:14:51 AM by Critter »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 06:07:15 PM »
I recently bought 'Psycho' in an under $10 bin at the shops ( :o Hitchcock under 10 bucks!!) so obviously I had to buy it. I am yet to watch it however.

I have bought some Hitchcock boxsets a few months ago (never having seen a single Hitchcook movie before). Because of this I started this Hitchcock marathon. We haven't gotten to Psycho yet, so you might want to review it then :)

The boxset that I had bought which included Psycho was only £17.98 and includes 14 movies in total :)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 11:21:03 PM »
Hi.  Welcome to the board. :)

I have 3 shelves for my DVDs...plus several piles since the shelves are full.  I need more shelves, but I don't know where I would put them at this time.  I have mine alphabetical.  I do have my animated movies all together.  I have most of my tv shows together.  I have no where near as many as Pete, though I'm out of space in the one spot where I have some of the tv show sets.  I have like...33 shows all together, though only about 17 are complete series.  For the others, I just have some of the seasons.

Critter

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 02:29:23 AM »
The boxset that I had bought which included Psycho was only £17.98 and includes 14 movies in total

Bargain!! Sometimes it is so easy to get the great classic films. I bought the original 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' for only $7.99.

Hey dragonfire I have only about 6 shows all up and only 2 are completed series haha. Your doing better than me.

Boomstick98

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 04:55:17 AM »
I join the others in welcoming you to the board. :cheers: I just recently joined myself. Nice looking collection you have started there. The folks here are really nice and are serious collectors. A few people have over 4000 in their collection.  :o

My collection is at almost 1000, but I keep selling off DVDs that I don't think I will ever watch again, so its taking me a while to break the 1000 mark. My DVDs are in 3 shelves and 2 towers separated by genre.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:03:19 AM by Boomstick98 »

Critter

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »
There certainly are some serious collectors here which is something I hope to get to some day.

When I get more DVD's (as in hit the 100-150 mark) I'm thinking of categorising mine by genre as well.

Boomstick98

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 05:25:31 AM »
They will add up quicker than you think. In the mean time you have nice start. Especially like the Buffy box set. Nice!  :thumbup:

Critter

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 05:35:20 AM »
Ha the Buffy box set is one of my favourite things. I get so protective over it, like when friends want to borrow a season I always worry it might get damaged and tend to worry till it gets back to me  :laugh:

Boomstick98

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 05:53:00 AM »
Ha the Buffy box set is one of my favourite things. I get so protective over it, like when friends want to borrow a season I always worry it might get damaged and tend to worry till it gets back to me  :laugh:

Don't blame you. I just don't know if I could muster up the courage to loan that one out.  :hmmmm:

Critter

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 05:56:24 AM »
Trust me it aint easy haha, not just anyone can borrow DVD's off me now. I only trust my really close friends with them.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 06:31:53 AM »
I don't know that I could part with that Buffy set even for a close friend.
Course I'm a tad...obsessive about my DVDs.   :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 06:52:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Nice idea to arrange the DVDs by color. But I guess rather sooner than later you'll have to change habits if you still want to be able to find stuff quickly.

Hope you'll enjoy here on this forum and stick around :)

Critter

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 06:59:23 AM »
Haha yes I don't think arranging them by colour will last much longer, I have a feeling after Christmas and my Birthday next year I will need to rearrange again.

ninehours

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 11:13:37 PM »
How do you keep them organised?

Mine aren't, i really must try to get organised one day  ;D
And welcome to the forums  :)