Author Topic: Hello, new member from Australia.  (Read 6682 times)

Critter

Hello, new member from Australia.
« on: September 28, 2009, 01:35:44 PM »
Hi guys,
I have just joined this forum because I love movies and collecting DVD's. I am 18 years old and still a student without any income, needless to say I can't be buying many DVD's but I do what I can. My collection is probably tiny compared to a lot of yours but its certainly a work in progress.
I only started really collecting DVD's a few years back, as, like a lot of my friends I relied on downloads and those pirated DVD's from Bali and Thailand. It just cracked one day though how much I love real qaulity DVD's and have been trying to collect ever since and ignoring the pirated versions.
Anyway here is a photo of my current DVD collection (which I keep colour cordinated most of the time). As you will see this can become annoying some times as things occur such as my Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2 not being able to rest next to each other.
I only recently got a blu-ray player but don't have any blu-rays yet. I am hoping for some at Christmas maybe :)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Hello, new member from Australia.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 01:43:34 PM »
Hi & Welcome to the forums.

We all started with a small collection, so no worries, it will grow.

Nice Buffy box btw! :-)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

northbloke

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 01:52:48 PM »
Yeah, welcome to the forums Critter, hope you enjoy your time here.

Nice Buffy box btw! :-)

That is a phrase that could be misinterpreted in so many ways!  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 01:53:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  :thumbup:
Pete

Critter

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 02:03:41 PM »
Thanks guys, and DJ Doena the Buffy box set was an 18th birthday present from my friends. Iv'e since developed somewhat of a craving for complete box sets ;)

richierich

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 02:18:54 PM »
Hi m8
Welcome to the forums  :cheers:

Am I allowed to mention the ashes?   :tomato:

I'd love to see a review of the Run Lola run dvd at some point, as I keep umming and aahing about buying it

cheers
rich

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 02:20:53 PM »
I am huge into collecting TV Series myself. As of right now I have 102 TV Series that I have every episode of. But only a few of those Complete Series boxsets (not including 1 season shows). And they are all classics...

- Twilight Zone
- I Love Lucy
- The Brady Bunch

But TV Series is my thing... I am huge on collecting TV Series... That and as you will see starting Thursday... Horror! Right now I am abstaining from horror to get ready for my Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon.
Pete

Critter

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »
Am I allowed to mention the ashes?  

I'd love to see a review of the Run Lola run dvd at some point, as I keep umming and aahing about buying it

I'd be happy to review Run Lola Run at some point. It's been a very long time since Iv'e watched it though so a rewatch will be in order. I'm quite busy now but I'll get around to it at some point.
As for the ashes, well I must admit I am an Aussie with absolutly no interest at all in cricket :-[. So sure, you can mention it as much as you want. Odds are I won't know what your on about though haha.

As of right now I have 102 TV Series that I have every episode of.

Wow! I would love to see photos of your collection. Do you have some on this site?

That month long horror sounds good, unfortunatly though horror is my downfall in the film world. I try to watch as many different films from all ages and styles that I can but Iv'e just never been able to stomach horror. It's something I'm trying to work on though. I recently bought 'Psycho' in an under $10 bin at the shops ( :o Hitchcock under 10 bucks!!) so obviously I had to buy it. I am yet to watch it however.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:29:14 PM by Critter »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 02:34:23 PM »
No... unfortunately I don't have any photos of my collection at this time. And no way to get any right away (my camera needs batteries) But you can see my list of completed TV Series HERE... And at THIS SITE you can see my entire collection including all the movies I own as well as all my TV Series whether completed or a work in progress still. Which consists of 1,808 Titles total.
Pete

Critter

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 02:38:07 PM »
*drools over TV list*

Good lord man how do you fit them all in! It looks like you would practically need to build whole extra rooms on the house haha.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 02:42:42 PM »
 :laugh: Believe me... it is not easy. I had to do some things I was less then happy about to fit them all... like putting half my movie collection into large CD binders... and all my DVDs on shelves with DVDs in front of other DVDs so you have to move what is in front to get to titles in back.

I could definitely use an extra room though!  :P
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 02:47:48 PM »
Wow! I would love to see photos of your collection. Do you have some on this site?

You can see some of our collections here: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,49.0.html
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Critter

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 02:48:38 PM »
How do you keep them organised? Alphabetical order? Director? Year?

And thanks DJ I'll check that out. I love looking at photos of collections.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
I have my collection separated into 4 different sections... all but 1 sorted alphabetically.

Sections:
- Movies (alphabetically)
- TV Series (alphabetically)
- Movie Serials (alphabetically)
- Unwatched DVDs (No Sort... just put on shelf where room... basically as I get them)
Pete

Critter

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 03:09:16 PM »
Ah sounds good, when I get more I will have to rearrange mine too I think. Cant keep them colour cordinated forever, no matter how handsome it looks haha.

And DJ I really enjoyed looking through your collection. I love the way you organised them in genre and it's very neat and well spread out.