Author Topic: Gamers  (Read 6262 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Gamers
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 05:30:59 AM »
I read a review of it on Epinions not that long ago.  It did sound interesting.

Boomstick98

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 01:44:40 AM »
I saw they are releasing a new version of the PSP. Does this mean we are finally going to get some more games.  :-\The last PSP game I purchased was God of War: Chains of Olympus. It was a great game. I have played through it twice. How about an Uncharted or Little Big Planet game.

Also, does anyone know if the new design might finally have a second joystick so that shooters can be played properly? I have a hard time using the buttons to move the camera in shooter games. :suicide:

RossRoy

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 01:47:59 AM »
I don't know much about the PSP, but the last review I read for the PSP is that you get less, for more money.

Boomstick98

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 01:52:20 AM »
I don't know much about the PSP, but the last review I read for the PSP is that you get less, for more money.

Its not a bad hand held system. Its just the lack of games.  :(  It makes me want to buy a Nintendo DS just for endless supply of new games.

RossRoy

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 02:04:20 AM »
It makes me want to buy a Nintendo DS just for endless supply of new games.

Maybe.. but like the Wii.. How many of those are quality games?

Boomstick98

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 02:10:00 AM »
It makes me want to buy a Nintendo DS just for endless supply of new games.

Maybe.. but like the Wii.. How many of those are quality games?

I figure the law of averages would have to produce more good games than what I am seeing for the PSP.  ;D...........maybe

Rogmeister

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 03:39:07 AM »
I have a blog at LiveJournal.com and today I happened to go back and check on my earliest entries.  My first entries were in November of 2005 (I now have something like 320 total entries) and I think the title of my second entry was something like "I Won't Buy An Xbox 360 But You Can Give Me One".  The subject of that was about trying to win one from a couple online contests I was entering.  I didn't win one but I was correct...I still haven't bought one and don't really intend to.  :laugh:

snowcat

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 10:55:08 AM »
Oh boy here we go!

Hooked up
Megadrive / Mega CD / 32X
Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
PS2
Xbox 360
Wii

Not Hooked up
SNES
Atari 2600
Atari Jaguar
NES
N64
Game Cube
Master System

Handhelds
Atari Lynx
Game Gear + Master System game extension
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Micro
Nintendo DS Lite.
PSP (original)
Game.com
Neo Geo Pocket Colour
Pokemon Mini (silly nintendo games console with just pokemon games)

:S I hope thats all of them. I do love my consoles! my favourite is my Megadrive / Genesis. it was my first, and I love it to pieces!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 11:04:06 AM »
I saw they are releasing a new version of the PSP. Does this mean we are finally going to get some more games.  :-\The last PSP game I purchased was God of War: Chains of Olympus. It was a great game. I have played through it twice. How about an Uncharted or Little Big Planet game.
Little Big Planet will be available on the PSP (Nov. 17 for the US). Although, they cut out multiplayer. I don't think there are plans for Uncharted at this point.

snowcat

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 11:49:51 AM »
I believe the new PSP doesnt play UMDs (games or movies) :S I thought all games had to be downloaded for it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 03:15:32 PM »
I believe the new PSP doesnt play UMDs (games or movies) :S I thought all games had to be downloaded for it.
That is correct.

To compensate Sony has release 200+ older games to the PSN Store on the release date of the PSPGo.

Boomstick98

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 05:07:40 PM »
Little Big Planet will be available on the PSP (Nov. 17 for the US). Although, they cut out multiplayer. I don't think there are plans for Uncharted at this point.

Great, glad to hear this. My PSP has been just gathering dust.  :-\

Boomstick98

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 05:10:38 PM »
That is correct.

To compensate Sony has release 200+ older games to the PSN Store on the release date of the PSPGo.

I was not aware of this. I don't know that I like this idea.  :-\ Are any of the older games going to be free? I mean if I updated my PSP to the new version I wouldn't want to have to buy my older games that I like all over again. I probably will not update anyway, just curious.

snowcat

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 05:26:33 PM »
Im not sure, Im kind of hoping they have some way to let me transfer the game I have bought to it, or that's going to really suck!

Boomstick98

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »
Oh boy here we go!

Hooked up
Megadrive / Mega CD / 32X
Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
PS2
Xbox 360
Wii

Not Hooked up
SNES
Atari 2600
Atari Jaguar
NES
N64
Game Cube
Master System

Handhelds
Atari Lynx
Game Gear + Master System game extension
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Micro
Nintendo DS Lite.
PSP (original)
Game.com
Neo Geo Pocket Colour
Pokemon Mini (silly nintendo games console with just pokemon games)

:S I hope thats all of them. I do love my consoles! my favourite is my Megadrive / Genesis. it was my first, and I love it to pieces!

Wow, nice collection of consoles there. :bow: I sold a couple of mine. I sold my Nintendo 64 and my Original XBOX.

I had forgotten about the Sega 32X. I still have one of those somewhere. Even though there wasn't that many games for it I always wanted a Sega CD just so my genesis would be complete with all the add-ons.  ;D

I need to hook up my genesis and dreamcast. They are two of my favorite systems.  :clap: