Author Topic: Gamers  (Read 6264 times)

Boomstick98

Gamers
« on: September 24, 2009, 04:41:18 AM »
How many different gaming systems do you currently own and how many of them are currently hooked up? I always find it interesting to see how many people still love to play the older games. I still love to play my NES from time to time.

I currently own the following:

XBOX 360 60GB: Currently hooked up in my living room.
Playstation 2: Currently hooked up in my bed room.
Sega Dreamcast: Not hooked up at the moment, but I have been wanting to play Zombie Revenge again.  :P
Sega Genesis with 32X attachment: Sadly in storage
Super Nintendo: Currently hooked up in my den
NES: Currently hooked up in my den
Playstation 1: In storage
Atari 2600: In storage
Sony PSP: Stays on the table next to my recliner. Wish they made more games.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:53:20 PM by Boomstick98 »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Gamers
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 04:56:56 AM »
Actually I own no game system, but I've owned in the past (in order)

1. Leisure Vision (most people don't know this one)
2. Atari 2600 (I was the first to got it in my town ;D)
3. Nintendo
4. Sega Genesis
5. Super Nintendo
6. Playstation 2

I continue to play with those system (except for the first one) on my computer. Of course not the originals since most of them were given to my little sister after a while.

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 05:01:15 AM »
The only ones I still have are 2 Xbox360 (1 Arcade and 1 launch model), both are hooked up, one in the living room one on my PC monitor. I have a Wii, hooked up on my PC monitor. I still have my block original Xbox, but it's not hooked up at the moment.

In the past, I've owned a Commodore 64, Commodore 128, NES and a Dreamcast. All other gaming was done on the PC.

richierich

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 05:04:38 PM »
I have a psx3 hooked up to plasma in lounge.
And a wii hooked up to lcd in conservatory.

But I don't really use either  :-[

Boomstick98

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:34:40 PM »
2. Atari 2600 (I was the first to got it in my town ;D)

Atari 2600 was my first gaming system. I had the solid black one. I think it was called the "Vader" edition or something. Now I want to play, I wonder if it still works. :-\

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »
It probably will. Things were build better in the past. Mine had worked for a very long time.

Just prepare your eyes for some hurting :laugh:

of course there are exceptions like the best game ever made for the Atari

Boomstick98

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »
Oh, that brings back lots of memories.  ;D I'm trying to fight off the urge to go dig it out of storage.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 12:38:03 AM »
I had an Atari...at one point I did fairly well at a game called River Raid..and Plaque Attack.  I had the thing for years.  I didn't use it for a while and then hooked it up again and it wouldn't work. 

I had a Nintnedo..I never did finish Mario..always fell down some damn hole.   :laugh:  I was good at Tetris though.

I had a Super Nintendo.  It had been my step-dad's when he and my mom got married..he only had a golf game for it.  I sucked at that.  I ended up like 110 over par.   :hysterical:

I have a Playstation..still have it though I haven't played it for years.
I also have a Playstation 2.  It is hooked up in the family room.  I don't play it that often, but I still have it.  I still have a game I want to finish..it has just been a matter of taking the time to play it again.

I've thought about getting some of the newer systems, but I haven't yet.  They are just so expensive.  Though I'll break down eventually and get something.

Boomstick98

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 08:36:03 PM »
I recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. Nice to see them finally make a really good comic book superhero game. :clap: It was a lot of fun. I am currently trying to finish Resident Evil 5. Is it just me or this game ridiculously hard. Maybe its just me. :shrug:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 07:59:56 PM »
I recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. Nice to see them finally make a really good comic book superhero game. :clap:
I keep reading how good it is but was able to resist; there's just to much other stuff coming out shortly. I went to the shop three or four times and asked if they had it. When they replied "Sold out" I thought "Good, I don't really want it" :laugh:

It was a lot of fun. I am currently trying to finish Resident Evil 5. Is it just me or this game ridiculously hard. Maybe its just me. :shrug:
I tried the demo and couldn't get into it. On the one hand I couldn't warm up to the run or gun mechanic and then I kept hearing the the game is better in co-op as the AI had it's serious limitations.

Rogmeister

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 04:34:12 AM »
I once owned as many as 15 systems at one time.  But I've now cut back to where I have a "mere" 8 systems.  They are...

Atari Jaguar
Super Nintendo
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo DS
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation
Playstation 2 (the only system currently hooked up to a TV)
Xbox

The Super Nintendo and the original Playstation are the ones I have the largest game libraries for...about 200 games each.  The fewest games I have are for either the Nintendo DS or the Atari Jaguar...I have 23-24 games for each of those.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 04:52:19 AM »
I only have about..hmm...maybe 10 Playstation 2 games.  I did rent others.
I probably had about that for the first Playstation and Super Nintendo.  I think I had less for the regular Nintendo.

Rogmeister

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 05:05:59 AM »
Have you been playing anything of interest?  I don't have any of the newest systems...no PS3, Wii or Xbox 360.  I've mostly been playing PS2 and on that I've been playing Hot Shots Golf Fore!, Hot Shots Tennis, Bejeweled 2 and MLB Power Pros.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 05:11:30 AM »
I haven't played anything on my PS2 lately.  I do like Kingdom Hearts..I just haven't taken the time to play it.

RossRoy

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 05:23:27 AM »
Anybody tried Scribblenauts for the DS?

I just tried it a few days ago and it's addictive! It's a puzzle game where you summon objects to solve the puzzle. The dictionary of items you can summon is quite impressive, so you can have all sorts of fun solving the puzzles! ;)