Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 18222 times)

Critter

Re: Windows 7
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2009, 03:21:59 AM »
I just had Windows 7 installed last night. I'm loving it so far, much better than Vista in my opinion.  :thumbup:

RossRoy

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2009, 05:07:19 PM »
Is it just me, or is the XML export from DVD Profiler slower in Win7 than it was in WinXP?

Or maybe it's only the new 3.6 Beta that's slower than 3.5 was....

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »
Is it just me, or is the XML export from DVD Profiler slower in Win7 than it was in WinXP?

It's not just you.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »
Since more and more of us are installing Win7, why don't we post our Experience Index score (please, without cheating it!)

Mine's attached.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2009, 08:36:45 PM »
I've got a 4.3
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:56:49 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Touti

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »
Mine would benefit from a graphics card update.

Touti

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2009, 08:47:03 PM »
Seb how did you make your image for your score, did you use the snipping tool ?  I tried and I was able to capture an area but I was unable to save it, the save button didn't do anything and Save As didn't either.  I rebooted and had the same problem, I'm wondering if a recent update screwed something up.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2009, 08:55:12 PM »
The classic screenshot still works: PrntScrn for the whole screen, Alt+PrntScrn for the active window. Then just paste it in Paint.
Karsten

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2009, 09:01:52 PM »

Touti

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »
That's what I did but I was wondering why my snipping tool was no longer working.......and I found it.

I have the "My Pictures" folder pointing to a directoy on my server called "Trails".  A few days ago I renamed that directory to "Photos".  The path of the "My Pictures" folder is kept in the registry but if that folder no longer exists then the Snipping Tools can't bring up the save dialog.................................wow.....that's weak !

RossRoy

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2009, 09:34:36 PM »
I see you found your answer, but yeah I did use the snipping tool

RossRoy

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2009, 09:35:13 PM »
Link

Hahaha! Good one!

Though I'd argue that Windows 7 is actually Good!

RossRoy

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2009, 09:36:39 PM »
I can't help but wonder though how my whole computer scores so high, yet the hard drive is so slow... The hard drive in there is not that old, it's 2 years old and it is SATAII.. Anybody know the maximum that can be achieved on the Index with a SATAII drive?

Najemikon

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2009, 09:40:23 PM »
Could be the hard drive controller on the motherboard. Essentially you can have the fastest drive ever, but a slow bus will turn it into a classic bottleneck. Make sure your firmware and drivers are up-to-date, and set your virtual memory up fixed to 1.5x RAM, preferably on a second drive or at least a separate partition.

Touti

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2009, 09:44:26 PM »
BIOS settings on the SATA bus could also explain it if they're not properly configured.  Your rating really seem a bit low Seb because my machine is much slower than yours and yet I have a better score on the HD.  Why don't you run perfmon or resource monitor and make the disk work a bit to see if the speeds you achieve in reading and writing are reasonably close to the specs.