Author Topic: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter  (Read 20572 times)

lovemunkey187

Re: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2010, 10:56:30 AM »
Similar to what Mark said above I prefer Facebook myself as well.

BUT

I am beginnning to get annoyed by my News stream gettring clogged by other people's progress in Zoo/Farmville/Fishville or whatever (games). So, my question to you: I know how to stop application I use myself to post on my (and therefore other's) wall. But I can't find out how to stop posts certain applications used by others on my wall? Obviously I don't want to delete half my friends, but when 90 of 100 posts are merely for progress in a certain game then something is wrong and the proper information cannot find its way to the wall anymore  :(

Agreed, the Farmville, Mafia Wars and now Cafe something or other are really annoying.

snowcat

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2010, 11:03:47 AM »
Ok here is how you block the Mafia wars Farmville etc from your news feed. Next time some one posts anything from a game

ut your cursor over it, it will then say Hide. click hide, you will have the option to hide the game or the person.

:) I hope that works!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »
Ok here is how you block the Mafia wars Farmville etc from your news feed. Next time some one posts anything from a game

ut your cursor over it, it will then say Hide. click hide, you will have the option to hide the game or the person.

:bow:

Thank you! The option was right there and I started to block some of the more offending applications.

Now, if I could have seen that option sooner if I wouldn't use the iPhone up 99% of the time :bag:
Also, I hope it will carry to the iPhone app, as that's how I use Facebook 99% of the time.

EDIT:
 :yahoo:
It seems ti carry over to the iPhone app!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:37:16 PM by Achim »

snowcat

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »
:P WOO! glad it worked... I had to block some stuff to ¬_¬

MEJHarrison

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »

:bow:

Thank you! The option was right there and I started to block some of the more offending applications.

Now, if I could have seen that option sooner if I wouldn't use the iPhone up 99% of the time :bag:
Also, I hope it will carry to the iPhone app, as that's how I use Facebook 99% of the time.

EDIT:
 :yahoo:
It seems ti carry over to the iPhone app!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Well, looks like you got it all figured out.  I had the same complaint last week and managed to stumble upon the same solution that Emma posted.  But it's what drove me away from Facebook last time.  Wish I had known sooner!

But I will warn you.  It seems I have to go in every 3-4 days and kill a bunch more.  I had no idea there were so many Facebook games!

snowcat

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2010, 07:05:11 PM »
Lol... yeah :/ silly games... they seem to appear from no where.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2010, 06:03:07 AM »
Well, looks like you got it all figured out.  I had the same complaint last week and managed to stumble upon the same solution that Emma posted.  But it's what drove me away from Facebook last time.  Wish I had known sooner!

But I will warn you.  It seems I have to go in every 3-4 days and kill a bunch more.  I had no idea there were so many Facebook games!
I was not kidding when I said that in my iPhone app I had 90% of game posts... (and a good percentage of that in Chinese :stars:) There are all but gone now :thumbup: I Also still have other creeping up, but I think some are just some sort of application people use at the time and they won't spam me repeatedly, so I don't expect the need to do it as frequently as you. I am already happy to gotten rid of the big offenders.

And yes, I can imagine that it drives someone away.

Next thing I want to do is go through the friend list and make sure I see everyone posts in the News feed; as you know the news feed is pre-filtered through what Facebook thinks I is my preference...

snowcat

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
Ok the only thing I can think of for that it .. on the face book status page ... (right at the bottom) it says Edit options

..Here you have the option (Show More) you can up to 250 friends here.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2010, 12:14:24 PM »
Thanks Emma

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2010, 01:17:05 PM »
Ok the only thing I can think of for that it .. on the face book status page ... (right at the bottom) it says Edit options

..Here you have the option (Show More) you can up to 250 friends here.
Thanks, but I found that, actually. I just meant that I need to find the time and go through the friends list and those I don't see all their posts of I want to enforce to see "More" of (something you can do in the same dialog as the 250 thingy.

Rogmeister

« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2010, 07:05:09 AM »
On a whim, I went over to Twitter...and found out there's already someone there using my moniker of "Rogmeister"  :o  So if I do start to use Twitter, I need to come up with a new name.  Do I use my full real real name or do I come up with something original?

snowcat

« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2010, 09:52:20 AM »
Well Roger, I just used my full name :/ (not original in the slightest.)

Najemikon

« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2010, 12:56:54 PM »
On a whim, I went over to Twitter...and found out there's already someone there using my moniker of "Rogmeister"  :o  So if I do start to use Twitter, I need to come up with a new name.  Do I use my full real real name or do I come up with something original?

You're in good company, because celebrities have this problem! Often there is someone already pretending to be them, so they stick "Real" in front. I suppose you could be "UberRogMeister"?  :laugh:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
I suppose you could be "UberRogMeister"?  :laugh:

I'll have to refer you to a video you mentioned recently  :tease:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/german/comedy/alphabet.shtml (2 minute mark)

Najemikon

« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2010, 01:25:56 PM »
I know! :bag: But it's such a well known mis-used slang term... "Dude! You're the f**kin' Ubermeister!", etc...  :whistle: