Author Topic: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter  (Read 20098 times)

Critter

Re: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2010, 01:54:24 PM »
At least one person agrees with Critter.

I decided to quote you as my Facebook status (Stone - finds it necessary to quote Critter "That's becuase Twilight fans are predominatly young stupid girls, made even more stupid by reading the books (which unfortunatly kills brain cells).") and a friend of mine likes it.

:hysterical:

What is your facebook lovemunkey? Which name should I look for on the DVDCol page?

lovemunkey187

« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2010, 02:19:31 PM »
At least one person agrees with Critter.

I decided to quote you as my Facebook status (Stone - finds it necessary to quote Critter "That's becuase Twilight fans are predominatly young stupid girls, made even more stupid by reading the books (which unfortunatly kills brain cells).") and a friend of mine likes it.

:hysterical:

What is your facebook lovemunkey? Which name should I look for on the DVDCol page?

I have sent you a friend request.

Assuming that you're the only Sophie from Aus in the group :-\

Critter

« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2010, 02:21:41 PM »
Got it  :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2010, 11:48:01 PM »
I'm trying to give MovieGoose a bit more of an identity, so excuse the colours that will be all over the place! "Have CSS Style Sheet, will fiddle"

I've messed around with a logo too. Finally found a font I like then ran it through half a dozen filters in Photoshop Elements. Button version on sig below.

I really struggle with font design choices, but I found a cool utility here:

http://www.identifont.com/identify.html

You're supposed to use it to describe a font you've seen somewhere, but actually, answer the questions for what sort of font you'd like and it'll come up with some choices.  :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2010, 01:40:17 AM »
Somehow I missed this before.  Not sure how.

Anyway, I use Facebook and Twitter.  Signed up at both because of Epinions and promotion things they did.

dragonfire88 at both.

Critter

« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2010, 01:42:16 AM »
Jon MovieGoose is looking great but I thought I would just point out. The writing under the logo which says 'MOVIE REVIEWS AND NEWS' doesn't really show up on my computer. The grey font colour gets lost in the blue and I found that I had to highlight the words to read them. The logo though looks fantastic  :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2010, 01:50:06 AM »
Thanks, Sophie. Still have to mess around with the fonts for normal text. Getting there though! :training:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2010, 02:05:35 AM »
Ack..I screwed up..   :laugh:

dragonfire88 at Twitter
Marie Dragonfire at Facebook. 

You'd think I know my user names by now.   :hysterical:

snowcat

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2010, 10:41:55 AM »
Haha, found ya!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2010, 01:57:03 PM »
I joined facebook and twitter a while back. Facebook I check when I get a message or a couple of times a week. Twitter I haven't looked at in a long time.

I only check here and DVDP and I do that a couple of times a day. Except for email, I don't really use the computer for anything else.

kahless

« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2010, 02:50:11 PM »
I use Twitter from time to time but I don't use Facebook because I'm concerned about the data privacy.

snowcat

« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2010, 05:09:50 PM »
I spend too much time on the net, im better then I was... I actually think I may have an addiction to it... sometimes I sit aimlessly looking at the same sites waiting for updates  :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2010, 06:01:56 PM »
For me it hasn't changed. I can't find any utility at facebook (why would it be of any interest to me that one of my friend is in a jumpy or childish mood...) or Twitter (I don't care about a 10 words message telling me that someone had gone to the bathroom or just see a fly in his window). I'm fine with blogger because you must put some effort in what you present (believe me on this, my message took me at least 2 hours to prepare each time. Even if it's basically the same I was doing here but in a more elaborate way on my blog) and you can easilly meet there a group of users who share your taste and make you discover movies you have never known of.

For me it's what a network is good for...

Alien Redrum

« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2010, 05:58:47 PM »
I use a ton of networking sites, for different reasons.

Facebook is awesome because you really can reconnect with friends on it. I've found two friends that had more or less dropped off the radar, but found me via facebook. If I use the site for nothing else, I'm thankful for it. (That and scrabble.  :laugh: )

...or Twitter (I don't care about a 10 words message telling me that someone had gone to the bathroom or just see a fly in his window).

I understand why you think that, as there is a ton of people on Twitter who do exactly that, but there are some really funny people on there as well. If you have an account, Shit My Dad Says is a prime example of the awesome someone can do in >140 characters.

Plus, like someone else mentioned, there are some exclusive giveaways/contests on Twitter that I've won as well as faster news updates.

You should give it another chance and not follow the people who update they turned a page in their book. That's the worst of Twitter.  :)

klandersen

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2010, 06:35:20 AM »
I Facebook.

I also have Twitter, but I've never been too big on twitter.

MySpace I still have an account there but I rarely use it. With all the personal modifications you can do on that, I got tired of going to peoples pages and hearing music turned up loud, and having to wait for some of the larger graphics or video links to load. I probably should just shut my account down there.