Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 851 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Podcasts
« on: June 30, 2009, 06:48:02 PM »
Recently I have started listening to audio podcasts during work on my iPod. Do you have any favorite podcasts?

Currently I am listening to NowPlayingPodcast. I have listened to all their Star Trek movie review podcasts so far and I think these three podcasters are just fun to listen to. I hope their other movie reviews are just as fun (I am downloading these now, as those are not available in their iTunes feed anymore).

My interest in podcasts was peaked by the He-Man podcast Masters Cast (also available in iTunes). There is a lot of catching up to do (I listed to about ten of their podcasts so far), but I think they do great.

Another podcast I have download but have yet to listen to is BuffCast.

One podcast, I had downloaded but now have deleted without listening to it: "(Cool) Shite in the Tube".
I think their podcast is just horrible. They cannot stay focused on the topic. Are constantly laughing about stupid things. They need moderation badly.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 06:49:35 PM by Tom »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 06:42:49 AM »
I started listening to podcasts about one and a half years ago, after I had bought first iPod touch. I had quickly settled for

(Cool) Shite on the Tube
They watch more unusual films (Asian or less mainstream stuff) but still quite up my alley. I have purchased several films following they "recommendation". They occasionally trail off topic but are usually fairly focused. The most fun are the shows where they rip apart movies they didn't like. Additionally they have a separate shows with movie related news (mainly comic adaptations, sci-fi, horror) and feedback (e-mail and voice mail).

and

Movies You Should See
Their idea is to tell people what movies they should see, like classics or also simply great entertainment. Given the title I often find their choices questionable (The Burbs...?) but I guess that is the way things go. Also, don't expect highly focused discussions, they get side tracked a lot. They also offer loads of other podcasts from the same team.

Both are available through iTunes. Be advised that both shows use fairly large amounts of explicit language.

Since I mainly listen in the car I proceed rather slow through their back catalog (caught up with Shite, now still working on MYSS). As a result I have not yet expanded my playlist...

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:36:01 PM »
(Cool) Shite on the Tube
I had listened a bit to their podcast for "Death Note" and "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time", but I couldn't get through it. I also could never get through one of their video cast in the past. There are just too many people talking. It seems the best podcasts have 2-3 people who play off of each other, instead of having a lot of people constantly trying to up the others.

Movies You Should See
Thanks! I will check it out. I have listened to a few of the "Make It So" Star Trek podcasts by the same people recently. There weren't as good the Star Trek podcasts by the "NowPlaying" people, but it is worthwhile.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 06:24:24 AM »
I agree, the (Cool) Shite gang can be a bit hectic at times and things might be hard to follow then. However, they have improved over the time and stay out of each others path more often than not now. If it's been long ago since you listened to them and enjoyed their overall taste and style I suggest you might want to give them another chance.