Author Topic: Crew Edit 2 - Looking for beta testers  (Read 19017 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Crew Edit 2 - Looking for beta testers
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2009, 05:33:55 PM »
As I said, you can't define new Categories, but you can remove all mapping. Then everything will be mapped to Custom/Other and tom's modification can kick in.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2009, 06:23:50 PM »
I'm having a slight problem with the TV Cast & Crew section. I set all the parameters I'm looking to exclude, "Retain as Credited", Ignore "uncredited", "scenes deleted", "credit only", etc. But when I scan the episodes and the parsing is complete, all of that information is listed in the spreadsheet. I have to click "Re-apply Settings/Filters" to get it to do what I asked for originally.

Am I doing something wrong?

It only seems to do this with the TV editor, the Movie editor works just fine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2009, 06:36:56 PM »
Could you make some screenshots?

Because I just tested it with Smallville Season 1, Episode 1 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279600/

and when I checked "ignore uncredited" (in the Settings form) it ignored "Miranda Cosgrove    ...    Lana Lang - Age 5 (voice) (uncredited)"

Please keep in mind that only the settings in the Settings form are permanent, when you change something only in the Episode form and then close it these settings are gone. When you open the form anew, it gets the default settings from the Settings form.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2009, 08:53:14 PM »
OK, I was mistaken on the uncredited part, but it doesn't filter out the "as credited". That's when I have to re-filter...

These are my settings in the Settings form

This is what happens after parsing...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2009, 09:13:52 PM »
OK, I was mistaken on the uncredited part, but it doesn't filter out the "as credited". That's when I have to re-filter...

I have no idea what you are talking about. I tested it in the new version 1.4.1.1 and couldn't reproduce it.  :whistle:
Karsten

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2009, 09:28:57 PM »
Actually I found a way around it. I paste the info into Matthias' credits editor and highlight the entire column and empty it. A little extra work, but it does the job. Thanks anyway.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2009, 09:31:48 PM »
Actually I found a way around it. I paste the info into Matthias' credits editor and highlight the entire column and empty it. A little extra work, but it does the job. Thanks anyway.

What Karsten meant with his answer is, that you were right and there was a small bug. He has fixed it and put up a new version (1.4.1.1) ;)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2009, 10:06:36 PM »

What Karsten meant with his answer is, that you were right and there was a small bug. He has fixed it and put up a new version (1.4.1.1) ;)

It's had so many version upgrades, I lost count.  :tease: :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2009, 11:05:19 PM »
Yeah sorry, but I have the philosophy that when I fix a bug, I release a new version immediately so that the users don't have to use workarounds or have to live with bugs.

It's one of the things I don't like about DVD Profiler. Even when there are no new features, Ken should at least fix bugs regularily. Some bug reach back to 3.0 and still aren't fixed.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 11:07:06 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

madacid

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2009, 03:39:30 PM »
I like your (and Tom's) way more than Ken's  ;) :clap:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:41:08 PM by madacid »

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2009, 03:46:35 PM »
I like your (and Tom's) way more than Ken's  ;) :clap:

Agreed.

Oh, and by the way, I LOVE this editing tool. I'm going through my entire collection and replacing it with IMDB info, including BY's for everyone.

Screw Profilers DB, I'm tired of having to fix every profile I download. Thanks Karsten. :thanks: :thumbup:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2009, 04:03:47 PM »
I would probably like it too. I downloaded it but can't figure out how to open it or use it! :bag: :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »
I would probably like it too. I downloaded it but can't figure out how to open it or use it! :bag: :laugh:

Download. Unzip. Start CastCrewEdit2.exe. ;)

Then read the readme.

If questions, return here. ;D
Karsten

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »
OK Karsten, is this possible?

I have many DVD sets of comedy shorts (i.e.) The Three Stooges, The Little Rascals Complete and The Looney Tunes Collections.

Can the program be tweaked to parse multiple IMDB titles into a spreadsheet that features Dividers with titles and production years plus Cast & Crew for each separate short in one master form?

Hope this doesn't sound confusing?  :tomato:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2009, 08:16:34 PM »
OK Karsten, is this possible?

I have many DVD sets of comedy shorts (i.e.) The Three Stooges, The Little Rascals Complete and The Looney Tunes Collections.

Can the program be tweaked to parse multiple IMDB titles into a spreadsheet that features Dividers with titles and production years plus Cast & Crew for each separate short in one master form?

Hope this doesn't sound confusing?  :tomato:

You could use the regular DVD Profiler features for this. Scan one short and paste it into the profile. Then add a Divider. Scan the next short and choose instead of "paste cast" the option "append cast".
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:04:22 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten