Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 146307 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2010, 02:25:01 PM »
OK..She PMed me last night with a list of movies that she was able to remember. There is one more title that she forgot... and she already had the package sealed... so it will have to be a surprise. But the ones she was able to tell me is below... including 2 boxsets... one with 3 movies... and the other with 12 movies!  :o

Life, Love and Romance: 12 Films of Intrigue and Passion
12 Films of Intrigue and Passion

DISC ONE
Side A:
Betrayal
Born to Be Sold
Power, Passion and Murder

Side B:
Maybe I'll Come Home in the Spring
Hustling
Portrait of a Showgirl

DISC TWO
Side A:
Winner Take All
The Night They Took Miss Beautiful
A Tattered Web

Side B:
The Promise of Love
A Sensitive, Passionate Man
If Tomorrow Comes
Last Chance Harvey
When it comes to love, is it ever too late to take a chance?  Academy Award winners "Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson are perfect together in a movie that reminds us that true love, can indeed, come to those who wait" (Sandy Kenyon, WABC-TV).

"Utterly chamring, Hoffman and Thompson make a winning combo" (Lou Lumenick, New York Post) in Last Chance Harvey as two guarded strangers who find a growing connection with one another after a chance encounter in London.  The chemistry between the pair inspires them both to believe in second chances as they unexpectedly transform each other's lives.

This  "enormously entertaining love story" (Jeffrey Lyons, Reel Talk with Lyons and Bailes) from writer/diretor Joel Hopkins (Jump Tomorrow) co-stars Eileen Atkins (Gosford Park), Kathy Baker (Edward Scissorhands), James Brolin (Traffic) and Richard Schiff ("The West Wing").
Shark Zone
A secret forture in diamonds lies at the bottom of the ocean but the treasuse is also home to a school of deadly Great White sharks. Only one man knows the truth when a group of divers is attacked while searching for the loot. Now, the sharks are hunting swimmers on a nearby beach. The slaughter will continue until someone believes him.
Curse of the Komodo
In an experiment gone wrong, genetically-engineered Komodo dragons have become monstrous creatures hunting humans on a remote tropical island and destroying everything in their path. Now it's up to a small group of scientists to stop the Komodos before they escape and devastate the rest of the world.
Tristan + Isolde
From executive producer Ridley Scott (Gladiator) comes a sweeping, action-packed saga of epic battles, political intrigue and forbidden passion, set in a time when the lines between heroism and savagery were etched in fire and carved out with broadswords. After the fall of Rome, visionary warlord Marke (Rufus Sewell) seeks to unite the squabbling English tribes to form one strong nation and defeat the brutal Irish king Donnchadh. But when Lord Marke's greatest and most loyal knight, Tristan (James Franco), falls in love with Isolde (Sophia Myles), a beautiful Irish woman, it threatens to destroy the fragile truce and ignite a war. In the spirit of Braveheart and A Knight's Tale, TRISTAN + ISOLDE is a rousing tale of trust and treachery that will leave you breathless!
Pathfinder
Experience a new world of graphic, hard-core action with this Unrated Extended Edition of Pathfinder–packed with extreme battle footage not shown in theaters, plus an army of kick-ass deleted scenes and special features! Savage Viking invaders bent on death and destruction clash with the iron-willed protectors of a new world in this heroic action-adventure filled with intense battle scenes and breathless, primal violence.
Riddick Trilogy
Journey to a remote, hostile planet with a group of marooned passengers who learn that escaped convict Riddick isn't the only thing they have to fear in Pitch Black. Then, see his battle against ruthless soldiers of fortune and vicious creatures in renowned animator Peter Chung's 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury'. And finally, Riddick finds himself humanity's unlikely champion in the special effects-fuelled 'The Chronicles of Riddick'. Join Riddick in three times the action, three times the adrenaline and three times the adventure as the Riddick Trilogy makes complete one of the greatest sci-fi epics of all time!
Caved In: Prehistoric Terror
In the darkness of the world beneath man's feet, an ancient species is about to be awoken. Christopher Atkins, Colm Meaney and Angela Featherstone star in this thrilling tale about an extreme-adventure tour group heading into an abandoned mine in search of a fortune. But, in the caverns underground, some things thrive that should have gone extinct a long time ago.
Red Water
Fear Strikes Where You Least Expect It.

Dive into this carnivorous adventure when a massive man-eating Bull Shark takes over the quiet waters of the Mississippi.

Nobody knows what or who is leaving behind mangled remains on the banks of a Louisiana River until it is revealed that there is one breed of shark that can live in fresh water - a giant carnivore, stalking the living under the surface.

Now, as workers search the river for a source of natural gas, and criminals are hunting a buried treasure, it is up to a small group of hunters to find and destroy the murderous beast, bent on killing anything that leaves the shore...
Blood & Chocolate
A werewolf tale from the producers of Underworld, BLOOD & CHOCOLATE tells the tale of Vivian (Agnes Bruckner), a young teenage girl who must choose between her love for a young artist and loyalty to her werewolf lineage. Others may have secrets, but none as extraordinary as Vivian. One of the last of her kind, she comes from a line of loup garoux, shape shifters able to transform into the form of both human and wolf at will. When Vivian's affections for a visiting artist threaten to reveal her family's secret society, she must decide whether to follow her heart or betray the secret vows of her family.
Destroy All Planets
Giant monsters battle for the conquest of Earth.

Earth is invaded by evil aliens from another galaxy. Their attack is stopped by the mighty force of prehistoric monster Gamera. The aliens scan Gamera's brainwaves to discover and exploit his only weakness. By taking two young boys hostage, they are able to seize control of the monster and use his powers against the Earth. As Gamera ravages the cities of Japan, the two children struggle to escape, freeing him from the the aliens' command and provoking a deadly final battle between space monsters and Earth's colossal defender.
Forces of Nature
It's only two days before his wedding when Ben's (Ben Affleck) plane skids out of control, leaving him stranded in New York with no way home to his nervous fiancee in Savannah. Against his better judgment, the reliable groom-to-be hitches a ride with free-spirited traveler Sarah (Sandra Bullock)-setting off the year's most riotous road trip. At first, these two opposites attract nothing but trouble in a sidesplitting series of comic mishaps and unnatural disasters. But an irresistible attraction and the forces of nature threaten to detour them forever in this sexy, whirlwind adventure Jeffrey Lyons (WNBC-TV) declared, "a fun, hip ride"- one you'll never forget.
Mosquitoman
While working on a cure for a disease spread by mosquitoes, a scientist and a criminal are subjected to fumes from a newly created, untested cure.The results turn one into a half-man half-insect monstrosity and the other as well only at a slower rate.The Mansquito escapes and evolves rapidly while the doctor slowly turns into a female version of what her counterpart has become. It's a race against time to stop the Mansquito before he catches up with the doctor and breeds.....creating a new lifeform bent on taking over the world.
Crash
This compelling urban thriller tracks the volatile intersection of a multiethnic cast of characters struggling to overcome their fears as they careen in and out of one another's lives. In the gray area between black and white, victim and aggressor, during the next 36 hours, they will all collide.
Dragon Fighter
We thought they were just a fairy tale.  We were wrong.  In an underground bunker, militairy scientists clone a deadly fire-breathing dragon. The beast rapidly grows to full size and escapes, leaving a trail of drestuction in its wake.  For security chief David Carver (Dean Cane), the only goal is keeping the most fearsome predator to ever walk the earth from destroying it.  For the rest of Mankind, the goal is survival.
Pterodactyl
Deep in the heart of the Turkish Forest lies Mt. Ararat, a dormant volcano that holds within itself a deadly and prehistoric secret that has been asleep for millions of years...until now. Not knowing the threat that awaits them, two separate expeditions make their way into the heart of the forest and closer to the volcano. Captain Bergen (Coolio) leads his military special ops unit on a manhunt for a dangerous terrorist, while Professor Lovecraft (Cameron Daddo) and his team of scientists search for clues to the past when they make a dangerous discovery - hatching Pterodactyl eggs! Faced with the threat of the flesh-eating predators, both groups come to the realization that they must rely on one another if they plan on making out of the forest alive! With non-stop action and explosive graphics, Pterodactyl will make your fear take flight!
Under the Tuscan Sun
From the studio who brought you Sweet Home Alabama comes the extraordinary romantic comedy starring Academy Award® nominee* Diane Lane. Based on the #1 New York Times best-selling book, Under the Tuscan Sun follows San Francisco writer Frances Mayes (Lane) to Italy as a good friend offers her a special gift – ten days in Tuscany. Once there, she is captivated by its beauty and warmth, and impulsively buys an aging, but very charming villa. Fully embracing new friends and local color, she finds herself immersed in a life-changing adventure filled with enough unexpected surprises, laughter, friendship and romance to restore her new home – and her belief in second chances.

* Best Actress, Unfaithful, 2002.
Dinocroc
Imagine all the fury of a prehistoric carnivore combined with the ferocity of the largest crocodile known to man and you have the makings of nonstop terror. Run for your life as Gereco Corporation's experiment to manipulate a rapid-growth hormone gets out of control, and a ravenous monster gets out of its cage. Now the residents of the once-peaceful Grant's Lake have only the talents of a crude Australian reptile hunter, the short-handed local sheriff, his daughter the animal control expert, and her boyfriend, to save them from the insatiable jaws of a beastly feeding frenzy.
Sherlock Holmes
The hangman did his job. Dr. Watson declared the condemned man dead...and yet Lord Blackwood has emerged from the tomb to assert his deadly will over 1890 London. Is he in league with the forces of hell itself? Is the whole Empire in peril? It's a mystery macabre – and only Sherlock Holmes can master it.

Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law put memorable imprints on Holmes and Watson in this bold new reimagining that makes the legendary sleuth a daring man of action as well as a peerless man of intellect. Baffling clues, astonishing Holmesian deductions, nimble repartee, catch-your-breath scenes on one slam thing after another – director Guy Ritchie helms the excitement reintroducing the great detective to the world. Meet the new Sherlock Holmes!

Ohhhhh.... I see some fun times coming up!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2010, 02:59:19 PM »
Breaking up the boxsets... if I counted correctly... that is 33 movies!  :o ;D
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2010, 03:07:02 PM »
Some of them sound really good. A couple that I would like to see are Last Chance Harvey and Pathfinder. Some of the horror films look like a lot of fun too. Is is October yet?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2010, 03:25:45 PM »
 :laugh: Don't I wish!  I am about ready to start watching some of my horror... and now with the above on the way I am really starting to feel it!  :bag: :P
Pete

kahless

« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »
:laugh: Don't I wish!  I am about ready to start watching some of my horror... and now with the above on the way I am really starting to feel it!  :bag: :P

Resist the temptation!  ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »
I am resisting OK right now... the hard part will be when they actually arrive!  :P
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »
I think your friend might want to read some reviews of the horror DVDs she sent.  I don't think she should have to wait almost 3 months to see what you think of the movies she sent you.  :devil:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2010, 04:54:23 PM »
It isn't 3 months, Pete just have 61 more days to go.

Mosquitoman looks incredibly awfull maybe a challenger for the Sorority :hmmmm:
and the cover for Shark Zone looks pretty generic to me, probably made for your Science Fiction Channel (don't remember its name right now) and full of really bad CGI...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2010, 05:16:09 PM »
 :laugh: Mosquitoman very well could be a contender! I actually think a couple of them are from the Sci-Fi Channel. I am pretty sure Dinocroc is.

What I wonder about is Curse of the Komodo wonder if it is a sequel to the below... or if it is just similar movie/title...

Komodo
On an island off the Florida coast, something lies hidden, waiting for the chance to strike. One family is missing and the lone survivor is so shocked he is unable to describe the terrible events. Now, psychologist Victoria Juno will uncover the truth by going back to the nightmare. But the last thing she ever expected was that the nightmare was real.

The cover art is kinda similar... what with the eye.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2010, 05:25:10 PM »
According to imdb it isn't. But Curse of the Komodo got a sequel name Komodo vs. Cobra (just from the title it's sure awfull) and even a remake 2 years later named A.I. Assault :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2010, 05:26:37 PM »
 :laugh:

Here you go Jimmy... trailer for Mosquitoman... see what you think...

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »
And here is Curse of the Komodo...

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2010, 05:31:05 PM »
And here is Dinocroc Jimmy... Roger Corman BTW! :P

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2010, 05:38:59 PM »
Lets see what other ones I can find...

Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2010, 05:59:19 PM »
Here you go Jimmy... trailer for Mosquitoman... see what you think...
The trailer sure make it looks like the film is full of action (but I doubt it is...). They start with the false newscast that is so overused (try to think to something else, thousands of movies used this) and the Nobel Prize for this kind of research made me laugh (seriously it did). Probably a good idea to hide the Moskito Man in the trailer :hmmmm:

Dinocroc is maybe produced by Roger Corman, but he did a lot of crap for the Sci-Fi Channel. I sure hope those ones won't appear in the Shout! Factory Corman Collection, because I will have to get them :yucky: