Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 146558 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #750 on: December 03, 2011, 01:38:51 PM »
It's not easy!... especially since the Secret Santa told Brittany what they got me. So needless to say I am being tortured a bit. :P
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 03, 2011, 10:28:22 PM »
I can't imagine why anyone would get a kick out of torturing you Pete...unless you like it!  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 03, 2011, 10:50:03 PM »
Nope... not at all... but they definitely like doing it! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 04, 2011, 01:57:06 AM »
As most knows here... I am battling a fairly significant bout of depression right now. Well a generous friend of mine decided to try to cheer me up some. And she definitely did when she told me she will be sending me a copy of....

House M.D.: Season Six
Get ready for a full dose of medical mysteries with 21 episodes of the riveting drama series House. Hugh Laurie is joined by James Earl Jones (Star Wars) Laura Prepon (That '70s Show) and David Strathairn (The Bourne Ultimatum) in guest appearances as he returns to his Golden Globe®-winning and Primetime Emmy® Award-nominated role as Dr. Gregory House. In this brilliant sixth season House finds himself in an uncomfortable position—away from the examination room. As he works to regain his license and his life his coworkers deal with the staff shakeups moral dilemmas and their own tricky relationships with House. And when House returns more obstinate than ever Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital will never be the same again.

EPISODES
1. Broken
2. Epic Fail
3. The Tyrant
4. Instant Karma
5. Brave Heart
6. Known Unknowns
7. Teamwork
8. Ignorance Is Bliss
9. Wilson
10. The Down Low
11. Remorse
12. Moving the Chains
13. 5 to 9
14. Private Lives
15. Black Hole
16. Lockdown
17. Knight Fall
18. Open and Shut
19. The Choice
20. Baggage
21. Help Me

I am so hooked on this series! it is one of my favorite medical dramas! And it will be so good to finally see some episodes I never seen before.

Then she sucked the wind out of my sails when she told me I couldn't have it until Christmas... but with the way she laughed at me I don't think she was really serious about that. Well... I hope she wasn't! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 04, 2011, 11:27:24 AM »
Since finding out about getting House: Season 6 last night... I started re-watching the first season. Hope to watch all episodes before I get season 6. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 05, 2011, 03:19:05 PM »
Now I just found out my friend is sending me...

3rd Rock from the Sun: The Complete Season One
Four extra-terrestrials suddenly materialize in the college town of Rutherford, Ohio. Disguised as humans, they name themselves the Solomons – Dick, Sally, Tommy, and Harry.

On the surface, this family functions as normal as possible, but underneath they are out of sync with every person on the planet. Their mission from The Big Giant Head is to study a confusing planet and its confounding inhabitants while trying to gain acceptance on Earth. Welcome to Earth, Baby!

I seen a lot of episodes of this show in reruns... but this will be the first time I see it from the beginning.  Not sure how many season 1 episodes I seen.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:20:41 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 06, 2011, 01:14:38 AM »
Just played a game of Hangman and found out I am getting...

The Odd Couple: The Second Season
Based on Neil Simon's play, 'The Odd Couple' -- known for its funny take on the unlikely friendship between Felix Unger ('TONY RANDALL') and Oscar Madison ('JACK KLUGMAN') -- returns to DVD, with all 23 digitally remastered Season Two episodes. When the show returned for its second season, it remained fresh, thanks to its newly expanded cast: Felix's ex-wife Gloria, Oscar's loyal secretary Myrna, his girlfriend Nancy and ex-wife Blanche, and Murray the Cop.

This season, Felix announces to Oscar his plans to win back Gloria. But Oscar is more concerned about getting rid of his own ex-wife! With unforgettable episodes, including a flashback to when the roommates first met, 'The Odd Couple' continues its reign as one of the funniest TV comedy series ever!

Episodes:
1. Natural Childbirth
2. Felix's Wife's Boyfriend
3. Hospital Mates
4. Sleepwalker
5. A Grave for Felix
6. Murray the Fink
7. Does Your Mother Know Your're Out, Rigoletto
8. The Fat Farm
9. The Odd Couple Meet Their Host
10. Win One for Felix
11. Being Divorced is Never Having to Say I Do
12. Surprise! Surprise!
13. Felix the Calypso Singer
14. And Leave the Greyhounds to Us?
15. Security Arms
16. Speak for Yourself
17. You Saved My Life
18. Where's Grandpa?
19. Partner's Investment
20. Good, Bad Boy
21. A Night to Dismember
22. Oscar's Promotion
23. Psychic, Shmychic
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 06, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »
Played a trivia game with another friend and found out I am getting...

Cujo: 25th Anniversary Edition
Monstrous canine evil stalks a helpless, isolated family in rural Maine. Vic and Donna Trenton (Daniel Hugh-Kelly and Dee Wallace) struggle to repair their crumbling marriage, while their young son Tad (Danny Pintauro) befriends a hulking, lovable, 200-pound St. Bernard named Cujo. With Vic away on business, Donna and Tad take their decrepit car to be fixed at the remote farm of their mechanic (Ed Lauter). As their aging Pinto sputters to a stop and dies, Cujo appears. But the once docile dog has undergone a hideous transformation - and becomes a slavering, demonic, implacable killer possessed by almost supernatural strength... and unholy cunning. Critically acclaimed, CUJO is a fearsome, spine-chilling tour de force from the most popular name in horror!

An upgrade!  ;D
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 06, 2011, 05:21:34 AM »
 :hmmmm:

When you play these games, do you make the assumption what movie you'll get, or do they tell you? Because, I am wondering if you ever thought you'd get one film and then actually got another...?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 06, 2011, 12:11:48 PM »
Nope... they always tell me when I guess right or wrong. :)

The trivia game... I have 1 clue for 2 more titles. Just don't know where to go with them.

1. 86,400
No idea where to go with this one.

2. A farmer wants this
I thought she was going to send me a Ho... Told her I prefer redheads!  :tease:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 06, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »
I just found out that I will also be getting...

Dangerous Assignment: The Complete Television Collection
U.S. Government Agent Steve Mitchell travels the globe investigating cases of espionage, sabotage and threats to National Security. Starring Brian Donlevy as the character he originated on NBC Radio and Herb Butterfield as "The Commissioner", this 5-disc set includes all 39 episodes of the action-packed TV series from the 1950s!
8 Simple Rules: The Complete First Season
Legendary sitcom stars John Ritter and Katey Sagal team up in 8 Simple Rules, ABC's hit family comedy that is laugh-out-loud funny.

"If you make my daughters cry, I'll make you cry." That is the rallying cry of Paul Hennessy. A little rusty in the parenting department, Paul is forced to meet fatherhood head-on when his wife Cate returns to work. Two teenage daughters and a wisecracking son make Paul's new situation daunting but never dull.

Cybill Shepherd, Jason Priestley and Terry Bradshaw are just some of the guest stars joining the fun in Season One. Experience all 28 episodes, plus exclusive bonus features, including a hilarious bonus reel, in this sensational 3-disc set.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Wall of Shame
3. Bridget's First Job
4. Wings
5. Son-in-Law
6. Cheerleaders
7. Trick or Treehouse
8. By the Book
9. Two Boys for Every Girl
10. Give It Up
11. Paul Meets His Match
12. All I Want for Christmas
13. Rory's Got a Girlfriend
14. Career Choices
15. Kerry's Big Adventure
16. Come and Knock On Our Door
17. Drummer Boy (Part 1)
18. Drummer Boy (Part 2)
19. Cool Parent
20. Every Picture Tells a Story
21. Kerry's Video
22. Good Moms Gone Wild
23. Career Woman
24. Queen Bees and King Bees
25. Bake Sale
26. The Doyle Wedding
27. Sort of An Officer and a Gentleman (Part 1)
28. Sort of An Officer and a Gentleman (Part 2)
Police Academy 1-4 Collection
POLICE ACADEMY INCLUDES:  Widescreen [16X9 1.85:1] Version • Commentary by Steven Guttenberg, Michael Winslow, Leslie Easterbrook, G. W. Bailey, Director Hugh Wilson and Producer Paul Maslansky • Featurette Behind Academy Doors: Secret Files Revealed • Theatrical Trailer • Languages: English & Français • Subtitles: English, Français & Español (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

POLICE ACADEMY 2: THEIR FIRST ASSIGNMENT INCLUDES:  Widescreen [16X9 1.85:1] Version • Featurette Accidental Heroes: The Best of • Theatrical Trailer • Languages: English & Français • Subtitles: English, Français & Español (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

POLICE ACADEMY 3: BACK IN TRAINING INCLUDES:  Widescreen [16X9 1.85:1] Version • Featurette All Washed Up: Floating Memories • Theatrical Trailer • Languages: English & Français • Subtitles: English, Français & Español (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

POLICE ACADEMY 4: CITIZENS ON PATRON INCLUDES:  Full-Screen Version • Featurette Remembering a Lofty Investigation • Additional Scenes • Theatrical Trailer • Languages: English & Français • Subtitles: English, Français & Español (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

Does anyone here know about the show Dangerous Assignment: The Complete Television Collection? I never even heard of it before now. Looked it up and it seems to be from 1952. Way before my time. :P I even asked my older brother about it. He don't remember ever hearing of it either.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 08, 2011, 05:50:13 AM »
Played a trivia game with another friend and found out I am getting...

Fertile Ground
Emily and Nate Weaver leave the city for the rural comfort of Nate's ancestral home in the country. Once there, Emily is plagued by horrifying visions and haunted by the ghosts inhabiting their isolated new home. When Nate's behavior undergoes a strange and fearful metamorphosis, Emily fears she might be the latest target in a murderous tradition.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 09, 2011, 12:22:09 PM »
I finally got the answer to the trivia clue for the last of the 3.  The clue was 86,400. That is how many seconds there is in a day. With that realization I found out that I will be getting...

24: Season 7
Four years have passed, CTU has been disbanded and a defiant Jack Bauer has been hauled before a Senate subcommittee to answer for his crimes. But the hearing will have to wait, because the FBI needs his help to prevent one of the most dangerous terrorist plots ever attempted on U.S. soil, and in a first for the series, Washington D.C. is the primary target. Teamed with the fiercely by-the-book Renee Walker, and stunned by the news that his old fallen comrade Tony Almeida is not only alive but working with the enemy. Bauer is in for another harrowing day chockfull of the adrenaline-fueled suspense, breakneck action and intricate storytelling that has made the series an international sensation. Hang on tight – 24 Season 7 is a thrill ride without the safety bar.

Episodes
1. 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
2. 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
3. 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
4. 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
5. 12:00 PM - 1:00 AM
6. 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
7. 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
8. 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
9. 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
10. 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
11. 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
12. 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
13. 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
14. 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
15. 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
16. 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM
17. 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM
18. 1:00 AM - 2:00 AM
19. 2:00 AM - 3:00 AM
20. 3:00 AM - 4:00 AM
21. 4:00 AM - 5:00 AM
22. 5:00 AM - 6:00 AM
23. 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM
24. 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM

Meaning I only need one more season to complete the series!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 24, 2011, 12:26:38 AM »
A friend of mine planned this for a Christmas present... but it just arrived to her house today so there is no way it will get to me in time for Christmas... so she is sending this one to me after the holidays.

8 Simple Rules: The Complete Second Season
An all-star cast including David Spade and James Garner drops in to help Cate (Katey Sagal) cope with the loss of family patriarch Paul (the late John Ritter). Now she finds herself laying down the 8 rules to keep up with three teenagers on her own. Laughter is the healer this season, as the Hennessys discover life's ups and downs and the strength of their family.

I really enjoyed watching the first season... so I can't wait to check out this season. I looked into it. It is a shame... John Ritter is only in the first three episodes of Season 2 before his untimely passing. Hopefully the show don't lose too much without him!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 13, 2012, 09:06:34 PM »
I just found out a friend is sending me...

That '70s Show: Season One
Flash back to a time when platform shoes and puka shells were all the rage in this hilarious retro-sitcom.  For Eric, Kelso, Jackie, Hyde, Donna and Fez, a group of high school teens who spend most of their time hanging out in Eric's basement, live in the 70's isn't always so groovy.  But between trying to figure out the meaning of life, avoiding their parents, and dealing out-of-control hormones, they've learned one thing for sure:  they'll

Episodes:
1. That '70s Pilot
2. Eric's Birthday
3. Streaking
4. Battle of the Sexists
5. Eric's Burger Job
6. The Keg
7. That Disco Episode
8. Drive-In
9. Thanksgiving
10. Sunday, Bloody Sunday
11. Eric's Buddy
12. The Best Christmas Ever
13. Ski Trip
14. Stolen Car
15. That Wrestling Show
16. The First Date
17. The Pill
18. The Career Day
19. Prom Night
20. A New Hope
21. Water Tower
22. Punk Chick
23. Grandma's Dead
24. Hyde Moves In
25. The Good Son
That '70s Show: Season Two
As the gang continues their way toward adulthood, their childhood friendships suddenly get a bit more complicated: Kelso begins dating both Jackie and Laurie; Eric and Donna attempt to take their relationship to a new level; Fez keeps trying to get a girl (any girl); while Hyde is so cool that girls are asking him out.  And while their parents tro to keep everybody on the straight and narrow, the gang keeps on truckin' with full speed hilarity.
Pete