Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 151481 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #600 on: April 08, 2011, 05:07:45 AM »
For a couple of seconds I was sure it was package from Roger because of the western movies include :shrug:

Maniac Cop is a great one Pete :thumbup:
if you like it don't hesitate to get the special edition release by Synapse Films it really worth the price ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 08, 2011, 12:24:53 PM »
 :laugh: Nope... not from Roger. :P

Yeah... I was wondering about that one. I THINK I may have seen that movie before... but I am just not sure. So I am looking forward to checking it out... see if I have or not. I seen so many while managing the local video store that I can't remember them all! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 12, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
Well... I got another nice surprise. The friend that sent me that last package... the one with All-Star Superman so I can complete my movie challenge... She PMed me yesterday that she is putting together another box of DVDs for me!  ;D She hasn't filled the box completely... but here is what I know so far... all horror...

Necromentia
This dark, twisted tale of erotic tortures and shocking torment dares to open the gates of hell for three men desperate to transcend the boundaries of death. One harbors a lingering passion for his dead girlfriend, another is a professional sadist determined to save his troubled brother, and the third hungers for the most brutal kind of revenge. But to open the portals of hell, an ancient map of the occult must be carefully carved into one man's flesh. From the acclaimed director of The Gene Generation, NECROMENTIA is a disturbing nightmare that will haunt your dreams long after it's over.
Dead Snow
Get ready for the film that shocked Sundance, rocked Europe and knocked American horror fans out of their seats: When a group of medical students take a sex-and-booze-fueled ski vacation to a remote cabin in the Norwegian Alps, they uncover a dark secret from WWII that resurrects a battalion of uncontrollable, unstoppable and extremely undead Nazis. What follows is a blitzkrieg of bloodshed, body parts and action-packed zombie carnage that The New York Observer hails as "relentless thrills, unimaginable horrors and a shock ending guaranteed to make you scream out loud!" Writer/director Tommy Wirkola spares no amount of flesh-chomping, intestine-ripping, and chainsaw-slicing to deliver perhaps the finest Nazi Zombie movie of our time and one of the most ferocious, outrageous and over -the-top horror hits of the year!
Midnight Movie
At a seedy theater in a sleepy suburban town, a group of friends get together for a midnight screening of an early 1970s horror film, unaware that the director/star of the film has something more in store for them than an evening of innocent jolts.  Good natured heckling as the movie begins is replaced with horrified disbelief when the movie's grotesque villain butchers one of their friends on screen - will they be able to overcome the killer before they are all pulled into his supernatural celluloid world?
The Toolbox Murders
In a quiet apartment complex in Los Angeles, a deranged handyman goes on a killing spree, savagely murdering "immoral" women with the tools of his trade — claw-hammers, screwdrivers, power drills and even a deadly nail gun! But these gruesome massacres are just the beginning of this landmark epic of violence and depravity that was vilified by critics, banned by censors, and treasured by splatter fans worldwide. This is...THE TOOLBOX MURDERS!

Cameron Mitchell (BLOOD AND BLACK LACE), Wesley Eure (Land Of The Lost), Aneta Courseaut (The Andy Griffith Show), Marianne Walter (adult film star Kelly Nichols), and former child actor Pamelyn Ferdin star in this notorious sickie — one of the most shocking exploitation films of all time. Now experience THE TOOLBOX MURDERS at its bloody best — presented here uncut, uncensored, and fully restored from its original negative!

She gave me some (thankfully somewhat easy) clues to the titles And I was able to get the above titles easy enough. There is one more clue she gave me that I seem to be having a problem with... so any help with it would be appreciated....

(sandpaper is this) + (genre these films are) + (stories) = ______ ______ _____ (3 word answer)

Lets see.. I have thought of...

Sandpaper is this:
- Rough
- coarse
- Gritty

genre these films are
- Horror

stories
- Tales
- Fables
- Legends

I can't seem to find a movie title from the above... what am I missing?

Then she also told me she needs to finish filling the box... so there will be more added.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 12, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »
I could be wrong (but think I am right)... but I just placed a guess for that last clue...

Gritty Horror Tales
HARM'S WAY
Mavis and her daughter Victoria seek refuge at an isolated home for abused women. The woman in charge, Bea (Academy Award® Nominee: Kathleen Quinlan), takes Victoria under her wing. Under Bea's tutelage, Victoria becomes increasingly hostile toward her mother, worrying Mavis that Bea isn't the kind woman she appeared to be. As Mavis comes to learn that other women who've stayed at the farmhouse are now missing, Bea has convinced Victoria to murder her mother. Mavis must now escape and free her daughter from the grasp of a psychotic killer.

HACK!
Reality filmmaking can be murder. Just ask Vincent King (Sean Kanan) and his wife Mary Shelley (Juliet Landau), two passionate horror fans determined to create the ultimate slasher movie...with the unwitting help of a cast to die for! Led by deceptively bookish biology major Emily (Danica McKellar), a group of horny college students visits the Kings' remote island to study the local flora and fauna, clueless that they're about to end up on the cutting room floor – literally! – as they are gruesomely dispatched in the style of both classic and contemporary shockers. Who will survive the Kings' insane homage to horror? Anyway you slice it, Hack! will keep you laughing, guessing and gasping right until the credits and/or heads roll.

BABY BLUES
Inspired by true events, Baby Blues tells the terrifying tale of a young ten-year-old boy, Jimmy (Ridge Canipe), who is forced to protect his siblings from an inescapable and unspeakable evil that threatens them on their once tranquil, secluded family farm. This suspenseful tale will keep you on the edge of your seat, and the unexpected terror is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression on your mind. Events so startling that you will be hoping and praying that an evil like this never enters the sancity of your home.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 12, 2011, 03:56:06 PM »
I was right!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 12, 2011, 03:58:34 PM »
I like stories based on true events so I'm looking forward to your review of Baby Blues.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 12, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
Hey Kathy...
I just looked up the trailer... and looks like it could be good...

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 13, 2011, 04:49:31 AM »
OK... I found out the rest of the latest package. Which my friend said is going out tomorrow. So it should be here for me to start enjoying by this coming weekend.  :thumbup:

Horror House on Highway 5

Far From Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog
Set against the backdrop of the Canadian wilderness, this heartwarming adventure about a young boy and his dog is perfect entertainment for the whole family.

When their boat capsizes in turbulet waters off the Pacific Northwest, John McCormick's (Bruce Davidson) 14-year-old son Angus (Jesse Bradford), and newly adopted Golden Lab are swept ashore.  As his terrified mother (Mimi Rogers) and father never give up hope that he will be found alive, Angus and his faithful friend struggle to survive in the rugged wilds.  In the process they forge a special bond that neither time nor distance can break in this special story of love, loyalty and perseverance.
Fly Away Home
The soaring adventure of a 13-year-old girl and her estranged father, who learn what family is all about when they adopt an orphaned flock of geese and teach them to fly!
From Roland Emmerich, director of The Day After Tomorrow and Independence Day, comes the ultimate action-adventure movie, exploding with groundbreaking special effects. As the world faces a catastrophe of apocalyptic proportions, cities collapse and continents crumble. 2012 brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors. Starring John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Amanda Peet, Danny Glover and Woody Harrelson.
The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
This highly acclaimed drama, based on the epic novel by Ernest J. Gaines, eloquently covers the story of the American Experience - from the Civil War to the civil rights movement - all told from the memories of a fictional 110-year-old former slave (Cicely Tyson). Ms. Tyson's tour-de-force performance earned her two Emmys, best actress and actress of the year (1974). All total this incredible film earned nine Emmys, including best picture and was named by numerous movie critics as one of the best films ever made.
The Disturbance
A seriously disturbed man suffers from chronic demonic visions only to confuse them with reality. He focuses his madness upon beautiful women, stalking and killing them in a variety of bizarre ways. It's up to the police to track him down before things get worse. In the tradition of DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE and MANIAC, THE DISTURBANCE features special makeup effects by Barry Anderson (DAY OF THE DEAD).
Shirley Temple & Friends
America's little princess is back for heartwarming family entertainment!

From delightful family feature films to heartwarming comedy shorts, this amazing collection showcases America's sweetheart in some of her most engaging performances.  Travel back to an era when innocence prevailed and hearts across America warmed to their little princess.

DISC 1 (3 Features)
- The Little Princess                      (1939) Color 91 Minutes Unrated Starring Richard Greene
- Law of Vengeance                     (1933) B&W 70 Minutes Unrated Starring Randolph Scott
- The Red-Haired Alibi                  (1932) B&W 67 Minutes Unrated Starring Merna Kennedy

DISC 2 (11 Shirley Temple Shorts)   
- Dora's Dunkin' Doughnuts          (1933) B&W 19 Minutes Unrated
- Glad Rags to Riches                   (1933) B&W   9 Minutes Unrated
- Kid 'N' Africa                                (1933) B&W   8 Minutes Unrated
- Kid 'N' Hollywood                        (1933) B&W   9 Minutes Unrated
- Managed Money                         (1933) B&W 18 Minutes Unrated
- Merrily Yours                                (1932) B&W 20 Minutes Unrated
- Pardon Pups                               (1934) B&W 18 Minutes Unrated                                       
- The Pie Covered Wagon            (1932) B&W   9 Minutes Unrated
- Polly Tix in Washington               (1933) B&W   9 Minutes Unrated
- War Babies                                 (1932) B&W   9 Minutes Unrated
- Biggest Lil'Star of the 30's           (1933) B&W   8 Minutes Unrated

DISC 3 (4 Shorts, 1 Feature)
- What's to Do                               (1932) B&W 17 Minutes Unrated             
- Nancy Drew, Reporter                (1939) B&W 68 Minutes Unrated Starring Bonita Granville
- Bear Shooters                             (1938) B&W 20 Minutes Unrated Starring Our Gang
- Our Gang Follies of 1938            (1938) B&W 21 Minutes Unrated Starring Our Gang
- Waldo's Last Stand                    (1940) B&W 10 Minutes Unrated Starring Our Gang

DISC 4 (4 Features)
- A Boy, a Girl and a Dog              (1946) B&W 88 Minutes Unrated Starring Sharyn Moffet 
- The Green Promise                     (1949) B&W 93 Minutes Unrated Starring Natalie Wood (age 11)
- Mickey                                        (1948) B&W 85 Minutes Unrated Starring Lois Butler
- Miracle on 34th Street                (1947) B&W 45 Minutes Unrated Starring Sandy Desher
The Incredibles
From the Academy Award® winning creators of 'Finding Nemo' comes the action-packed animated adventure about the mundane and incredible lives of a house full of superheroes.

Bob Parr and his wife Helen used to be among the world's greatest crime fighters, saving lives and battling evil on a daily basis. Fifteen years later, they have been forced to adopt civilian identities and retreat to the suburbs where they live "normal" lives with their three kids, Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack. Itching to get back into action, Bob gets his chance when a mysterious communication summons him to a remote island for a top secret assignment. He soon discovers that it will take a super family effort to rescue the world from total destruction.

Exploding with fun and featuring an all-new animated short film, this spectacular 2-disc collector's edition DVD is high-flying entertainment for everyone. "It's James Bond, Indiana Jones, and the X-Men all rolled into one." - Peter Travers, 'Rolling Stone'
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 16, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »
Looks like I have another friend getting into the act. I just found out that a friend is sending me...

The Evil / Twice Dead
THE EVIL
Psychologist C.J. Arnold (Richard Crenna) and his wife Caroline (Joanna Pettet) buy a dilapidated historical mansion with a dark past in hopes of transforming the estate into a drug rehabilitation clinic with the help of some of his students and current patients. When he opens a secret door in the basement of the house, Arnold inadvertently releases a malevolent presence in Gus Trikonis' The Evil. Also starring Victor Buono, Andrew Prine and Cassie Yates.

TWICE DEAD
A family moves into a mansion in a crime-infested urban neighborhood, but the ghost of an actor who died in the mansion isn't the only thing they need to watch out for: there's also a punk street gang roaming the area looking for trouble. Tom Bresnahan (Ski School), Jill Whitlow (Night Of The Creeps) and Todd Bridges (Diff'rent Strokes) star in the haunted-house thriller Twice Dead.

Jimmy... I don't remember ever seeing these two (though I may have)... what is the verdict on them?

Also... going by the profile... it is 2 movies on a single sided disc... do you have manual child profiles for these I can get off you? Appreciate it if so!  :thumbup:

Anyway... a big Thank You to my friend for sending this one to me!

:thanks:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 16, 2011, 06:51:22 PM »
I think we need to find you a friend to build an edition to your house!  :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 16, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »
Better make it a full second story!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »
Jimmy... I don't remember ever seeing these two (though I may have)... what is the verdict on them?
The one I prefer on the two is The Evil wich is a pretty good haunted house film and really well acted. Twice Dead is typical eighties stuff, not great but not bad (I don't know why but I'm almost sure you will prefer this one on those two).
do you have manual child profiles for these I can get off you?
Sorry I don't have child profiles for my Corman's dvd, in fact I never tought of doing them...
Anyway... a big Thank You to my friend for sending this one to me!
I think I know who sent you this one, he was fast :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 16, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
That is OK... I will just have to make the child profiles when it arrives. :)

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 19, 2011, 04:35:08 PM »
OK here is the deal... That big package I know I will be having soon... from the same person that sent me 120 titles in 1 box. She told me this morning she will not be telling me any more titles that will be in the box. This is because she is going to be sending it out in the next week or two. Meaning it probably won't arrive till about the middle/end of May. And May 31st is my Birthday. So she wants the remainder to be Birthday presents.

She also loves to torture me about the titles. so she is giving me clues to some of the titles for me to try to figure them out. She also said I could go to the forums for help with the clues.

Here is the clues I got for the first title...

- If you can guess the title of this DVD you will be a winner
- The odds are against you
- A Robert Redford famous movie might hold the answer
- 1990 was a very good year
- Don't be tempted by shortcuts
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #614 on: April 19, 2011, 05:05:25 PM »
"The odds are against you" could be "Against All Odds", although that seems to be a little too easy!   :-\