Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 146265 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2010, 02:16:51 AM »
Talked to my friend a little while ago... she told me she sent this off to me earlier today... so should see it some time next week. :)

Shadow of the Vampire
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2010, 06:40:45 AM »
Thanks to a very good friend... hmmm who could that be.... I not telling! LOL I have another package being made up for me. What started out as a few Sandra Bullock movies kept growing and growing until I had 25 titles coming my way!  :o

Titles include...

And then if that is not enough... another kind soul over at Invelos read how I really wanted to see it but finances stopping me. So worked out a trade/deal with me and will be sending me...

Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 08:08:09 AM »
 :o

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 08:48:34 AM »
That's a nice bunch of titles :)

Alien Redrum

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2010, 10:55:54 PM »
 :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2010, 01:37:56 AM »
I just got a PM over at Invelos saying The Blind Side was put in the mail today. To expect it between Thursday and Friday.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
As it turns out... someone had a bit of room left in the box... and ended up adding this to my package!

Something's Gotta Give
Harry Sanborn (Jack Nicholson) is a perennial playboy with a libido much younger than his years. During what was to have been a romantic weekend with his latest infatuation, Marin (Amanda Peet), at her mother's Hamptons beach house, Harry develops chest pains. He winds up being nursed by Marin's reluctant mother, Erica Barry (Diane Keaton), a successful, divorced New York playwright. In the process, Harry develops more heart pangs – the romantic kind – for Erica, an age-appropriate woman whom he finds beguiling. However, some habits die hard. When Harry hesitates, his charming thirty-something doctor (Keanu Reeves) steps in and starts to pursue Erica. And Harry, who has always had the world on a string, finds his life unraveling.

Another one I never seen before... but looking forward to checking it out! Thank You Very Much!  ;D
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »
I just watched the trailer...

Looks like a fun movie!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2010, 06:29:08 AM »
I enjoyed Something's Gotta Give when I saw it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2010, 04:57:37 AM »
Wow! I really been lucky here the last few days! I was just chatting with the person that sent me The Blind Side... and before I knew it... she said she was sending me a copy of...

Sherlock Holmes
The hangman did his job. Dr. Watson declared the condemned man dead...and yet Lord Blackwood has emerged from the tomb to assert his deadly will over 1890 London. Is he in league with the forces of hell itself? Is the whole Empire in peril? It's a mystery macabre – and only Sherlock Holmes can master it.

Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law put memorable imprints on Holmes and Watson in this bold new reimagining that makes the legendary sleuth a daring man of action as well as a peerless man of intellect. Baffling clues, astonishing Holmesian deductions, nimble repartee, catch-your-breath scenes on one slam thing after another – director Guy Ritchie helms the excitement reintroducing the great detective to the world. Meet the new Sherlock Holmes!

... and when I asked what she wanted me to send to her as a trade... she said nothing!... this one is a gift!  ;D
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2010, 05:14:53 AM »
All this give you a lot of new stuff to watch in place of horror movies... I almost smell another Sandra Bullock marathon soon :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2010, 05:21:41 AM »
 :laugh: I was thinking about that but I just did one for her birthday the other day... so I will have to disguise it make it an Unwatched DVD marathon this weekend!  :laugh:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2010, 05:47:47 AM »
:laugh: I was thinking about that but I just did one for her birthday the other day... so I will have to disguise it make it an Unwatched DVD marathon this weekend!  :laugh:

Like you need a reason to watch Sandra... Just calling "DVD Watching" and that'll mean Sandra - especially since you can't watch horror.. for what now? 64 more days?  :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2010, 12:47:23 PM »
There's that nasty number again!  :P

But you are right... I never need an excuse to watch Sandra!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2010, 06:05:26 PM »
Wow! I really been lucky here the last few days! I was just chatting with the person that sent me The Blind Side... and before I knew it... she said she was sending me a copy of...

Sherlock Holmes
The hangman did his job. Dr. Watson declared the condemned man dead...and yet Lord Blackwood has emerged from the tomb to assert his deadly will over 1890 London. Is he in league with the forces of hell itself? Is the whole Empire in peril? It's a mystery macabre – and only Sherlock Holmes can master it.

Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law put memorable imprints on Holmes and Watson in this bold new reimagining that makes the legendary sleuth a daring man of action as well as a peerless man of intellect. Baffling clues, astonishing Holmesian deductions, nimble repartee, catch-your-breath scenes on one slam thing after another – director Guy Ritchie helms the excitement reintroducing the great detective to the world. Meet the new Sherlock Holmes!

... and when I asked what she wanted me to send to her as a trade... she said nothing!... this one is a gift!  ;D

How does this keep happening? I just found out the above is turning into a box of movies!  :o :thumbup:

I don't know how many or the titles yet.. but the person PMed me this morning asking...

Tell me, do you enjoy cheezy low-budget features?  If so, there's a stack in our back room that needs a good home and I'll send them to you as well.

Stuff like

so I said yes I do... and showed her a couple examples of films already in my collection and she said...

I figured you might be the right home for them. 

and said she was going to box them up and send them to me!  :thumbup:
Pete