Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 151562 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #495 on: March 07, 2011, 04:03:01 PM »
Every time I think she is done with the package... she sends me another list of titles!  So now I am not going to say she is done till she tells me the packages is on the way! :P

Here is the latest list of titles...

Requiem for a Dream
Darren Aronofsky follows up his acclaimed debut 'Pi' with this gritty emotionally charged film set amidst the abandoned beaches and faded glory of Coney Island, Brooklyn.  Based upon the novel by celebrated author Hubert Selby Jr., the story intricately links the lives of a lonely widowed mother (Academy Award® Winner Ellen Burstyn*), her son Harry (Jared Leto), his beautiful girlfriend Marion (Jennifer Connelly) and his best friend Tyrone (Marlon Wayans). REQUIEM FOR A DREAM is a hypnotic tale of four human beings each pursuing their vision of happiness.  Even as everything begins to fall apart, they refuse to let go, plummeting with their dreams into a nightmarish, gut-wrenching freefall.

*1975 Best Actress, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Pride & Prejudice
One of the greatest love stories of all time, Pride & Prejudice, comes to the screen in a glorious new adaptation starring Keira Knightley. When Elizabeth Bennet (Knightley) meets handsome Mr. Darcy (Matthew Macfadyen), she believes he is the last man on earth she could ever marry. But as their lives become intertwined in an unexpected adventure, she finds herself captivated by the very person she swore to loathe for all eternity. Based on the beloved masterpiece by Jane Austen, it is the classic tale of love and misunderstanding that sparkles with romance, wit and emotional force. Critics are calling it "Exhilarating. A joy from start to finish." (Carina Chocano, Los Angeles Times).
Pumping Iron
In 1977, an independent documentary movie shone a light on the world of bodybuilding, becoming a huge box office hit and creating an international sensation.  It launched one man's multi-millian dollar career and changed the world of bodybuilding and physical exercise forever: PUMPING IRON.  Starring five-time Mr.Olympia Arnold Schwarzenegger, the movie followed the 28-year-old bodybuilder as he competed for his 6th title.

BONUS MATERIALS EXCLUSIVE TO THE 25th ANNIVERSARY EDITION FEATURES MORE THAN 84 MINUTES OF NEW, NEVER-BEFORE-RELEASED PROGRAMMING, INCLUDING:

• Iron and Beyond - Explores PUMPING IRON's impact on the fitness industry and Hollywood's idea of the action hero - not to mention Arnold's own movie career.

• Raw Iron: The Making of PUMPING IRON - Includes exclusive outtakes and an interview reunion with the original PUMPING IRON bodybuilders and director.

• Iron Insights - A 2003 in-depth Interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger, in which he finally gives surprising answers to the controversial questions he's frequently asked about the film.

• Video Bio of Arnold Schwarzenegger - A comprehensive biography with exclusive photo gallery.
Starship Troopers
From the bridge of the Fleet Battlestation Ticonderoga, with its sweeping galactic views, to the desolate terrain of planet Klendathu, teeming with shrieking, fire-spitting, brain-sucking special effects creatures, acclaimed director PAUL VERHOEVEN crafts a dazzling epic based on Robert A. Heinlein's classic sci-fi adventure. CASPER VAN DIEN, DINA MEYER, DENISE RICHARDS, JAKE BUSEY, NEIL PATRICK HARRIS, PATRICK MULDOON, and MICHAEL IRONSIDE star as the courageous soldiers who travel to the distant and desolate Klendathu system for the ultimate showdown between the species.
Little Moon & Jud McGraw
A wronged Indian woman and a framed cowboy take their revenge on a small corrupt town, razing it overnight. Absolutely, payback time on the range!
Love is Forever
Based upon a true story, a foreigh journalist (Michael Landon - "Bonanza", "The Lonelist Runner"), returns to Laos to rescue the woman he loves, and was forced to leave behind.  He had been in proson and tortured by the Communist regime one year earlier, and was convicted of being a spy.  However, he was willing to risk his life to reunite with his one true love.

The story is beautifully told, and Landon is excellent in the role. The all star cast includes Jurgen Prochnow, Edward Woodward, and Priscilla Presley.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #496 on: March 07, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
That's turning out to be an awesome package Pete.  :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 07, 2011, 04:31:49 PM »
Sure is!... Awesome and HUGE! This package alone is basically a collection that any budding collector would be glad to start off with! 1 package and instant collection!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 07, 2011, 07:07:45 PM »
Well that is officially everything in the huge package. She sent it off today... even got me a tracking number to watch it's shipping progress.  ;D

This big package has been being worked on for a couple months now... here is a list recap of what is on the way...

28 Weeks Later
Alfie
American Dad!: Volume 3: Disc 2
American Dreamz
American History X
Babel
Bad Boys II
Bad News Bears (2005)
Behind Enemy Lines
Big
Blood Diamond
Blue Crush
Boiler Room
The Break-Up
Brick
Bring It On
Bringing Down the House
Broken Flowers
Bug
Bully
The Cable Guy
Carman: The Champion
Cellular
Chucky: The Killer DVD Collection: The Franchise Collection
City of God
Corky Romano
Cyborg 009: Good vs. Evil
D.O.A. (1950)
Dazed and Confused
Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis
The Disappearance of Flight 412
Dope Case Pending
Double Take
Dragonball GT: Salvation
Dragon Princess
Dreamers
The Driver Seat
Easy Rider
Empire of the Sun
Escape From Sobibor
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Extreme Ops
Eye See You
Far From Heaven
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Flags of Our Fathers
Flicka
Forest Gump
Four Brothers
The Gift
The Good Girl
The Good Shepherd
Guilty by suspicion
Haiku Tunnel
Hamburger Hill
Harsh Times
High Crimes
Hot Fuzz
How High
Hush
Hussle and Flow
In the Heat of the Night
Into the Blue
Jack Webb's Dragnet
Jackass Number Two
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Knocked Up
A League of Their Own
License to Wed
Little Moon and Jud McGraw
Love Actually
Love is Forever
Miami Vice
A Mighty Wind
Moulin Rouge!
Munich
Notes on a Scandal
The Odessa File
Open Water
The Passion of Christ
The Penguins of Madagascar
Pride & Prejudice
Pumping Iron
Red Eye
Requiem for a Dream
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Rounders
The Royal Tenenbaums
Rumor Has It...
Running Scared
RV
Sahara (2005)
The Sandlot
The Sandlot 2
Saving Silverman
Serum
Showtime
Silence of the Lambs
The Skulls
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit 2005
Starship Troopers
Starsky & Hutch
Static Shock Vol. 1: The New Kid
Stay
The Substitute/The Substitute 3: Winner Takes All
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Thunderbirds Are Go!
Tigerland
Top Gun
The Toy
Ultraviolet
Unfaithful
Varsity Blues
The Village
Walk the Line
The Wedding Date

Plus a few other random ones... for Britt or not in profiler for me to list as usual.
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #499 on: March 07, 2011, 07:21:56 PM »
Holy crap!   :o

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 07, 2011, 07:30:25 PM »
I think your "Unwatched DVD" number jumped dramatically.  :laugh:

Are you going to make Britt sleep on the couch so that you can take over bedroom to store your DVD collection?  :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 07, 2011, 07:46:19 PM »

Tell me about it! :laugh:

Are you going to make Britt sleep on the couch so that you can take over bedroom to store your DVD collection?  :devil:

Hey! There's an idea!  :laugh: :tease:
Pete

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #502 on: March 07, 2011, 08:18:55 PM »
*gasp* Kathy!  :o  I thought you liked me!!

lol, actually I'm a little collector myself and right now there's no room to spare. I need a book for my dvds, give me some space.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #503 on: March 07, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »
 :laugh:

Well you both can just start lining all the walls with shelves for your movies.  Do something like Kathy has done..shelves everywhere.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 08, 2011, 01:49:40 AM »
My room is already pretty much wall to wall dvds! :P
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 08, 2011, 05:02:00 AM »
And some serious downsizing for you at the same time :clap:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #506 on: March 08, 2011, 06:09:59 AM »
My room is already pretty much wall to wall dvds! :P

Ahh..ok.  Well..sounds like you need more walls then.   :laugh:

But I understand the problem..I have storage issues too. 
I'd love to have a room just for my movies...sort of like a video library I guess.  And a room for books. :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 08, 2011, 01:29:02 PM »
Even though I never wanted to go there... I am seriously considering putting all my movies in CD binders.That would save most my shelving for my TV Series.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #508 on: March 08, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »
Certainly not a terrible idea when you'll be able to find a lot of rubbish packaging amongst your collection...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 08, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »
There certainly is that... there been many times I was scratching my head wondering what they were thinking on the packaging they used.
Pete