Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 145424 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 02:24:51 AM »
Cool! Glad you got it OK Roger!... and was happy to send them to you. Hope you enjoy them!  :)
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2009, 03:09:46 AM »
Well, I'm sure I'll enjoy at least some of them...one of my cats is already enjoying the box they came in  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 03:43:26 AM »
 :laugh: Maybe he senses familiarity... as it is the same box you sent me earlier this month!  :P
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2009, 04:26:32 PM »
Well, SHE might...it's Cindy using this box (she's the black & white cat with me in my profile photo)...  :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2009, 05:17:16 PM »
whoops... my apologies to Cindy! :)
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »
Well, I'm sure I'll enjoy at least some of them...one of my cats is already enjoying the box they came in  :laugh:

One of my cats loves to get in boxes too.  Elmo will even try to squish himself into boxes that are obviously too small for him to get in. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2010, 10:22:37 PM »
Wanted to post here because I recently found out that a good friend of mine ended up with 2 copies of a vampire movie... knowing how much I like them she is sending me one of them. It is one I know I have seen before... but really don't remember that well if it is good or not...

Shadow of the Vampire'
John Malkovich and Academy Award® nominee Willem Dafoe star in a riveting suspense thriller about an obsessive director who's so consumed with making the most realistic vampire movie ever, he's willing to sacrifice everything – and everyone – to achieve his vision!

In his quest to create a vampire film to die for, F.W. Murnau (Malkovich) hires the mysterious Max Schreck (Dafoe) to play Count Orlock in his masterpiece, Nosferatu. Murnau introduces Schreck as "the ultimate method actor" – one who will appear only in character, in full makeup and only at night. But as the cast and crew begin to disappear, it appears that Murnau has made a devil's bargain with Schreck.

With luminous performances and biting humor, Shadow of the Vampire holds you in its icy grip from start to finish.

Anyone remember this one? is it any good?

Not sure how long before I will see it... she just said she would send it when she gets the chance.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2010, 12:36:04 AM »
Haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be very good indeed. That said, I know how much you like your vamps and I'm pretty sure this isn't a straight vampire story. I think it's pretty subtle; think about the story, being based on the making of Nosferatu, presenting the idea that Schreck might be the real thing. It's not going to be all out action gore!  ;)

If you haven't seen it, try and find Nosferatu while you're waiting for this. It'll be make a nice follow-up to seeing the real thing.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2010, 12:38:29 AM »
I have a copy of Nosferatu... I enjoyed it... but it has been a while since I watched it.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2010, 12:43:22 AM »
Good stuff! Glad to hear you've seen it. That's literally one of cinemas building blocks. Silent, German films, Pete? Wow. Wish there was more like you.  :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2010, 12:50:36 AM »
By the way, how do you like radio stories/ audio books? This looks interesting...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rmt00

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2010, 01:35:22 AM »
Good stuff! Glad to hear you've seen it. That's literally one of cinemas building blocks. Silent, German films, Pete? Wow. Wish there was more like you.  :thumbup:

Here is another one I have that I thought was right good...

The Golem
In 16th century Prague, Rabbi Loew creates a terrifying giant golem from clay to protect his people from their persecutors. Employing sorcery, he brings the artificial man to life, endowing him with human emotions. Famulus, Loew’s evil assistant, manages to take control of the golem, commanding it to perform
sordid criminal acts culminating in the kidnapping of the Rabbi’s beautiful daughter, Miriam. The monster, outraged by his vile misuse, rebels and a deadly rampage ensues. With high, angular sets by famed architect Hans Poelzig and full of wonderful imagery captured by the camera of Karl Freund, this silent classic captivates the eye. Masterfully combining terror and pathos,
Wegener’s stiff-limbed portrayal of the golem clearly influenced Boris Karloff’s performance in Frankenstein. This 1920 version of The Golem is considered definitive among the film’s many productions and is an unforgettable horror masterpiece.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2010, 01:40:22 AM »
By the way, how do you like radio stories/ audio books? This looks interesting...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rmt00

I actually have a bunch of these stored away somewhere. I know I have some Stephen King audio books as well as some of the only classic radio programs. I will have to look for them sometime soon.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2010, 04:00:41 AM »
If you haven't seen it, try and find Nosferatu while you're waiting for this. It'll be make a nice follow-up to seeing the real thing.
You will not see me write this often but the 1979 "remake" by Werner Herzog is a good watch also. I will have to buy it one day, because I've only seen the english version and the longer german version is include in the 2 disc-set released by Anchor Bay in 2002.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
I didn't even know there was a '79 version. I will have to see what I can find.
Pete