Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 151591 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #390 on: December 14, 2010, 10:12:46 PM »
Like I said... just going by past experience. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 14, 2010, 11:09:54 PM »
From today's game of Hangman I found out I am getting...

The Royal Tenenbaums
Royal Tenenbaum (Gene Hackman) and his wife Etheline (Anjelica Huston) had three children—Chas, Margot, and Richie—and then they separated. Chas (Ben Stiller) started buying real estate in his early teens and seemed to have an almost preternatural understanding of international finance. Margot (Gwyneth Paltrow) was a playwright and received a Braverman Grant of $50,000 in the ninth grade. Richie (Luke Wilson) was a junior champion tennis player and won the U.S. Nationals three years in a row. Virtually all memory of the brilliance of the young Tenenbaums was subsequently erased by two decades of betrayal, failure and disaster. The Criterion Collection is proud to present Wes Anderson's hilarious, touching, and brilliantly stylized study of melancholy and redemption.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #392 on: December 14, 2010, 11:14:43 PM »
The DVD equivalent of Marmite, but I adore it. And it's the Criterion! You lucky sod.  :laugh:

Have you seen any Wes Anderson films before, Pete? They are beautifully odd and full of astonishing detail. If you get on his wavelength, you'll love it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 14, 2010, 11:16:26 PM »
No Jon... I believe this will be a first.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 14, 2010, 11:17:37 PM »
I did notice it has some big names in it... and the DVD is loaded with extras!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 15, 2010, 01:14:58 AM »
The DVD equivalent of Marmite, but I adore it. And it's the Criterion! You lucky sod.  :laugh:

Have you seen any Wes Anderson films before, Pete? They are beautifully odd and full of astonishing detail. If you get on his wavelength, you'll love it.

I just filter on his name in DVDP... I do have one other movie of his... but I haven't watched it yet... The Squid and the Whale.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 15, 2010, 02:57:39 AM »
Since we missed a couple days this week we played a little catch up on Hangman... just found out I am getting...

Chappelle's Show: Season One
"Welcome to this thing we call Chappelle's Show." Comedian Dave Chappelle takes his street-smart brand of comedy to another level in Chappelle's Show: Season One Uncensored DVD Boxed set. Chappelle's hilarious and defiant point-of-view brought to bear in these twelve outrageous episodes consisting of sketches, pop culture parodies and live musical performances.

*Some musical performances featured on original broadcast versions of show are not included on the DVD set.
Chappelle's Show: Season 2
Your favorite episodes from Chappelle's Show Second Season are now available in this uncensored box set. From the Racial Draft to Black Bush, and everything in between. Rick James, Charlie Murphy and Wayne Brady join Dave Chappelle for some of the most intelligent and daring comedy to ever hit television. Performances by musical guests like Snoop Dogg, Erykah Badu, and Wyclef Jean help prove why Dave Chappelle is one of the biggest cultural phenomena of the 21st century. (So far.)

*Some songs/musical perfomances featured in the original broadcast versions of the show are not included on the DVD set.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 15, 2010, 02:59:26 AM »
I think you like that "*Some musical performances featured on original broadcast versions of show are not included on the DVD set."  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 15, 2010, 03:01:21 AM »
Don't hurt my feelings none!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2010, 04:30:11 PM »

Mystery solved... from an old friend I don't get to talk to much anymore... she went to my wishlist and picked out something for me... for old times sake... and yes she is the type that wants that instant gratification on knowing what I think... she asked me to open it right away. So I did... and this is what she got me...

Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths
In a parallel universe, the long survivor of Earth’s Justice LeagueLes Luthor – travels through other-world dimensions to join forces with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, and J’onn J’onzz in a desperate attempt to save his world and its people.  But the villainous Crime Syndicate controlled by Ultraman, Owlman and Superwoman will stop at nothing to maintain their domination.  It will take wits, might and a sacrifice to defeat these unforgiving enemies in this spectacular DC Universe Animated Original Movie with a stellar voice cast headed by Mark Harmon, James Woods, Chris Noth, Gina Torres, William Baldwin, Bruce Davison and more.  Two Earths, two Leagues and one epic battle collide for a thrilling experience that will leave you breathless!

Can't wait to watch it! :) Though I am a little worried. I know I put this title on a wishlist for Brittany to get me something... hopefully she didn't get me the same thing!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 15, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »
Found out from today's Hangman game I will be getting...

Carnivore
From afar, the old Romero house looks like a decrepit old mansion, reputedly haunted. But what the locals don't know is that behind the facade of the ancient building, the US government has built a state of the art high tech field lab which houses one of the worlds most gruesome experiments - a horrifying, genetically engineered, menacing carnivorous beast.

When the projects chief, Dr. Westmont, underestimates the strength and intelligence of the monster, he meets a bloody fate and suddenly, the creature is free to roam the house. At the same time, four local teens sneak into the house to spend the night and what began as a night of fun turns into a chamber of horrors as they race to save themselves from the carnivore.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 13, 2011, 12:45:52 AM »
Well it seems I have another DVD Care Package in the works. I haven't been given a list yet (one may be coming yet though)... but we did play a couple games of hangman with the titles I am getting... so far I know about...

Walk the Line
Singer. Rebel. Outlaw. Hero. With his driving freight-train chords, steel-eyed intensity and a voice as dark as the night, the legendary "Man in Black" revolutionized music – and forged his legacy as a genuine American icon. Golden Globe winners Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon star (and sing) as Johnny Cash and June Carter in this inspiring true story of one man’s unwavering devotion to his sound, his message and the greatest love of his life.
The Skulls
Deep within the hallowed walls of the Ivy League's most prominent campus, there exists a secret society where power and influence are bred. Only a few are chosen to join the group where Presidents are groomed, wealthy bloodlines bond, and devious plots are hatched. For Luke McNamara (Joshua Jackson), an invitation to join the prestigous secret college organization, The Skulls, is a dream come true. But when a fellow pledge gets caught up in murder, Luke finds himself alone amidst the sinister and well-connected brotherhood and now he must summon the strength to stand up against immeasurable odds.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2011, 01:46:47 AM »
Just found out another title... looks to be a low-budget horror...

Serum
There is only one thing wrong with this serum....THE SIDE EFFECTS!

While searching for a "cure all" SERUM, Dr. Edward Kanopolus, "Dr. K" (David H. Hickey, Sin City) is being pressured for results by the pharmaceutical company funding the project. With time running out... tragedy and desperation drive him to make decisions that will jeopardize the lives of everyone around him and ultimately unleash a terrifying monster on a killing spree. Serum is a cutting edge thriller filled with twists and turns that will leave you breathless as you watch the bloody chaos unfold!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 14, 2011, 03:00:25 AM »
I just found out several more titles I will be getting...

The Substitute / The Substitute 3: Winner Takes All
THE SUBSTITUTE

Shale, a battle-scarred mercenary, finds that the war has moved closer to home when his girlfriend is attacked by a ruthless band of teenagers.  Determined to root out this terrifying menace once and for all, Shale goes undercover in a local high school to rid the community of this deadly threat.  Posing as a teacher, he and his crack team of mercenaries set an elaborate trap to catch the ringleaders and demonstrate the awesome power of justice in this explosive thriller.

THE SUBSTITUTE 3: WINNER TAKES ALL

The Substitute (Treat Williams) goes undercover once again to bring justice to the classroom.  The university football team is deep into an underworld of drugs and blackmail and are using their muscle off the playing field as well.  In this action-packed sequel, it is up to the Substitute and his crew of mercenaries to teach these students a lesson they will never forget!
Static Shock: Volume 1: The New Kid
Meet VIRGIL HAWKINS, a mild-mannered teen in the wrong place at the wrong time when a chemical explosion rocked the streets of DAKOTA CITY. Now VIRGIL'S got a superhero gig.

In GROUNDED, Virgil messes with amoebas - metamoebas hungry for humans. THEY'RE PLAYING MY SONG and THE NEW KID showcase Static doing his thing - putting the baddies in their place: jail!
Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit 2005
From river rafting in Honduras and elephant polo in Thailand to snowboarding in Chile and surfing in Costa Rica, SI has gone global this year for an action sports adventure with the world's most beautiful women.

Hosted by skateboarding legend Tony Hawk and Marisa Miller from the hottest spots in Las Vegas, the 2005 video features nine spectacular locations, 18 supermodels, seven eye-catching sports and hundreds of swimsuits. See all of your favorites, including Marisa, Bridget Hall, Petra Nemcova, Carolyn Murphy, Frankie Rayder, Shakara, Yamila Diaz-Rahi, Ana Beatriz Barros, and Veronica Varekova, as well as 2004 Swimsuit Model Search winner Michelle Lombardo, The Real Word Paris' Mallory Snyder, Olympians Jennie Finch and Amanda Beard, and a few surprises you won’t want to miss. Join them all for Sports Illustrated "Swimsuit at Play" a world-wide ride you'll never forget.
The Sandlot
It's the early 1960s and fifth-grader Scotty Smalls (Tom Guiry) has just moved into town with his folks (Karen Allen and Denis Leary). Kids call him a dork – he can't even throw a baseball! But that changes when the leader of the neighborhood gang recruits him to play on the nearby sandlot field. It's the beginning of a magical summer of baseball, wild adventures, first kisses, and fearsome confrontations with the dreaded beast and its owner (James Earl Jones) who live behind the left field fence. Soon nine boys have become best friends, Scotty is a part of a team and their leader has become a local legend in this hilarious and warmhearted comedy.
The Sandlot 2
From the director of 'The Sandlot' comes this fun-filled sequel that proves the power of teamwork and celebrates the magic of friendship.

Ten years after the original story, the local dirt field is now "home" to a new group of neighborhood kids who get together to share laughs, show off... and play ball! But the gang faces their toughest challenge as they try to retrieve an irreplaceable model rocket that lands in Mr. Mertle's (James Earl Jones) backyard behind left field–a forbidden territory guarded by a legendary, growling, slobbering beast known as "The Great Fear."
Stay
A suicidal college student and his doctor enter a twisted world of supernatural horror in 'Stay'. Henry Lethem (Ryan Gosling) plans to kill himself in three days, unless psychologist Sam Foster (Ewan McGregor) can stop him. Henry's been hearing disturbing voices and experiencing horrifying visions, but where does imagination end and reality begin? Sam suddenly finds he's losing his own grip on reality, as he, too, is thrust into a hellish place between life and death. With the help of his girlfriend (Naomi Watts), Sam races to unlock the terrifying secret behind Henry's waking nightmare before it's too late!
Starsky & Hutch
HERE COMES THE FUZZ! Starsky takes the wheel, Hutch rides shotgun and comedy runs wild in this hilarious twist on the landmark buddy-cop TV show.

Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson bring a playful chemistry to the roles of undercover detectives Starsky and Hutch. Todd Phillips (Old School, Road Trip) directs this '70s groove in which our guys are stripped of their badges, duped by a drug kingpin (Vince Vaughn) and totally ripped off in a disco contest. So, yeah, they got some scores to settle. Snoop Dogg is in fly funkadelic mode as urban coolster Huggy Bear. And Juliette Lewis and others make for nonstop fun. If inducing laughter is a crime, they're all guilty as charged!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 14, 2011, 03:08:37 AM »
I think I originally found the wrong cover to use for the Static Shock above... she mentioned it was a mini dvd... so I believe this is the one I have coming...

Pete