Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 151601 times)

Rogmeister

Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #375 on: December 11, 2010, 04:30:04 PM »
Now we're all waiting to see when Pete will be reviewing the movies we sent him  ::)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 11, 2010, 04:51:44 PM »
 :laugh: I believe it will take some time to get to them all!  :stars:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #377 on: December 11, 2010, 04:56:14 PM »
Well, I didn't mean to hint I wanted you to get right at it.  I am just pleasantly surprised whenever you do review something I may have sent.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 11, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »
I am actually looking forward to checking out the Hearts Afire season sets... I remember enjoying that show when it originally aired. I just hope it is as good as I remember it being! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 13, 2010, 03:46:37 PM »
With Today's game of Hangman... it looks like I need to hurry and get a Blu-Ray player! I didn't want to say no to this one... been wanting it for a while now!

Dollhouse: Season One
From Joss Whedon, creative mastermind behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, comes the provocative Dollhouse, a sexy, suspenseful thriller starring the stunningly talented Eliza Dushku.

As an "Active," the mysterious Echo (Dushku) serves as an unwitting agent of Dollhouse, an illegal underground organization that provides its elite clientele with programmable human beings. Actives receive personality imprints, allowing them to temporarily become anyone or anything—the perfect burglar, lover, spy, or assassin. Now, with the FBI and her own shadowy past closing in, Echo must face a rogue Active who will stop at nothing to bring Dollhouse down—forever.

Episodes:

1. Ghost
2. The Target
3. Stage Fright
4. Gray Hour
5. True Believer
6. Man on the Street
7. Echoes
8. Needs
9. A Spy in the House of Love
10. Haunted
11. Briar Rose
12. Omega
13. Epitaph One
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 13, 2010, 08:42:47 PM »
Well I just found out through a PM that another friend (at the other forum) is sending me a gift for this Holiday season! This one will be done a little differently as they do not celebrate Christmas... but something (Yule) that seems to be the celebration of the winter solstice. So she asked of me instead of opening it on Christmas morning to open it on December 21st. So I will have to keep that in mind. :)

Another PM from the friend sending me (and my daughter) a Yule gift (to be opened on the 21st)...

You know what's in Brittany's, and I won't ... exactly ... tell you what's in yours.  However, I will tell you that there is 1 complete TV series, 12 movies, and 3 collections of movies and/or shorts.

Woohoo! I love complete series collections! And then much more! I was actually expecting something like a single movie. But wow! sending me a lot!

This package arrived today... so I have another wrapped gift sitting up on my shelf to stare at for about the next week.... oh the torture!  :P
Pete

Critter

« Reply #381 on: December 14, 2010, 03:43:15 AM »
With Dollhouse Pete you have to make sure you give it a good chance. The first 5 or 6 episodes are all over the place, some are good, some are boring but they are all basically mediocre. By the end of season 1 and all of season 2 however the show really finds its feet and becomes great. Which is why it was such a shame to see it be cancelled, as you could tell it was really setting up the grounding for a long-running story.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #382 on: December 14, 2010, 03:59:13 AM »
Dollhouse does get stronger as it progresses.

It didn't get a proper chance..it could have been such a great show.  Though at least Whedon had the chance to wrap things up..unlike what happened with Firefly. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 14, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
Thanks...
For the record I did see the show when it originally aired... and I enjoyed it quite a bit. As you said it was a bit weak at first... but it picked up nicely and was over well before it's time. I just been wanting the show every since it was released.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 14, 2010, 09:17:12 PM »
Ok... fess up!
In the chance it was someone here on the forum... I want to know who is trying to play Secret Santa? I got a package from Amazon today that I wasn't expecting... a wrapped gift about the size of a single DVD...

...And when I open the card, what do I see?...

So is one of my good, kind and generous friends from the forum here playing Secret Santa? IF so please reveal yourself. Not only because it is driving me nuts with curiosity... You left no instructions... so does it mean I can open it now if I want... or must I wait for Christmas morning?  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #385 on: December 14, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »
Well, it's a Christmas present, so of course you can't open it now! :laugh:  :devil: It isn't me, by the way, but maybe the DVD title will give you a clue... only nearly two weeks to wait.  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 14, 2010, 09:24:34 PM »
Talk about torture... this would be gift #3 sitting on my shelf already for me to stare at!  :stars:

I used to think that way too Jon... but after many years of people wanting me to open their Christmas gifts right away when I get them I now not so sure anymore. This is actually the first time in years I haven't gotten such a request from a gift giver.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 14, 2010, 09:29:38 PM »
Well... I guess that is not totally true... as both Britt and I have a package to open on the 21st. But to be technical they aren't Christmas presents... as the giver don't celebrate Christmas... but Yule. Which is something I never heard of before this year.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2010, 09:53:51 PM »
I don't know which is worse... not knowing what the present is... or not knowing who the person giving it to me is!  :bag: :P
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 14, 2010, 10:01:51 PM »
Oh please..."should I open it now?". Of course not - it is a Christmas present. But, I must admit I admire your rationale for finding any excuse to open it early.  :tease: