Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 151622 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2010, 01:48:26 AM »
OMG.... Think Pink will drive me crazy!

I knew it would!  :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2010, 01:51:39 AM »
OK guys... I just got another hint... so lets see what we can do with the hints now...

1. They aren't well known DVDs (This one hurts us!)
2. Most of them are 2 films on each DVD
3. Many of them are from long ago and filmed in black and white.
4. There are several sets of collections of the old movies and their covers are similar
5. Think pink. Black is beautiful
6. Your "think pink" answers are Cases of mistaken identity. (New Hint)

What do you think... can we crack the mystery?  Or is she just playing with my head??  :laugh:  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 25, 2010, 01:52:26 AM »
Another one came to mind... but not sure after the last clue... for Think Pink...

Pretty in Pink?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 25, 2010, 02:41:34 AM »
Pretty in Pink was wrong!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 25, 2010, 02:42:04 AM »
OK guys... catching up on the hints... so lets see what we can do with the hints now...

4. There are several sets of collections of the old movies and their covers are similar
6. Your "think pink" answers are Cases of mistaken identity.
7. Did the post office promise your DVD delivery Friday?...or Saturday? (Answer: Friday) (New Hint)
8. Look for the hidden...not the obvious... Or, in this Case...look for the obvious...not the hidden. (New Hint)

What do you think... can we crack the mystery?  Or is she just playing with my head??  :laugh:  :P

I must be getting tired... these clues are not making much sense to me!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 25, 2010, 02:57:39 AM »
OK... she said to go with the Obvious... so...

There is several movies just called Pink for "Think Pink"

For "Black is Beautiful"... I want to say Black Beauty... but she already gave me a copy of that!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 25, 2010, 12:04:31 PM »
I haven't been right yet! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 25, 2010, 12:06:18 PM »
Couple more hints first thing this morning... so lets see what we can do with the hints now...

7. Did the post office promise your DVD delivery Friday?...or Saturday? (Answer: Friday)
8. Look for the hidden...not the obvious... Or, in this Case...look for the obvious...not the hidden.
9. Are you going to the Matinee on Saturday? (New Hint)
10. Your collection of movies from the 1930s and 40s will drastically increase. (New Hint)

Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #338 on: November 25, 2010, 12:34:30 PM »
Hmm...some sort of collection of serials?  Lone Ranger?  Zorro?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 25, 2010, 12:41:18 PM »
Thanks Marie... I was thinking that as well... not sure if she has any of those. What you say? Any movie serials? :D
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 25, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »
Couple more hints first thing this morning... so lets see what we can do with the hints now...

7. Did the post office promise your DVD delivery Friday?...or Saturday? (Answer: Friday)
8. Look for the hidden...not the obvious... Or, in this Case...look for the obvious...not the hidden.
9. Are you going to the Matinee on Saturday?
10. Your collection of movies from the 1930s and 40s will drastically increase.
11. These are cheap DVDs that you can get for a couple of bucks. (New Hint)
12. Roger would enjoy the movies shown on the Saturday Matinee.  (New Hint)

What do you think... can we crack the mystery?  Or is she just playing with my head??  :laugh:  :P
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:52:29 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 25, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »
Now that last clue helped me!...

Thinking of Saturday Matinees and Roger enjoying. I want to say maybe a collection of Western Movies... Possibly John Wayne?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 25, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »
To my guess above...

Ah...one of the trails is becoming a little clearer. John and Roy and Gene are just a few that might be waiting for the mystery to end.

But, the trail of pink and black is still hidden from your sight.

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 25, 2010, 01:43:19 PM »
I guessed one of those cheap Western sets from Mill Creek... her reply...

Mill Creek is the wrong Studio/MC.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 25, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »
Yay! I finally got it!  :yahoo:

Saturday Matinee: Boots & Saddles / Lights of Old Santa Fe
BOOTS AND SADDLES
An action-packed musical adventure story! Gent Autry is in a rut when a horse dealer attempts to damage Gene’s hors trading business. Gene falls in-love with the daughter of an army colonel

LIGHTS OF OLD SANTA FE
A city girl inherits a decrepit wild western show. Roy Rogers and the sons of the Pioneers come to the rescue to prevent a ruthless competitor from sabotaging the show. Lots of song, dance, and action!
Saturday Matinee: Silver Spurs / Billy the Kid Returns
SILVER SPURS
A wealthy, deceitful playboy takes residence on oil-rich land. A crook attempts to take control of the ranch by convincing the playboy to marry a mail-order bride.

BILLY THE KID RETURNS
Roy Rogers bears a striking resemblance to Billy the Kid to the residents of Lincoln County.
Saturday Matinee: Colorado / Grand Canyon Trail
COLORADO
During the Civil War a Union Lieutenant is sent to Denver to stop whoever is causing trouble with the Indians.

GRAND CANYON TRAIL
Roy owns a neglected silver mine. A rich hidden vein is discovered by a dishonest mining engineer.
Saturday Matinee: Arizona Bound / Rocky Mountain Rangers
ARIZONA BOUND
The first film in the 'Rough Riders' series shows how lawman Buck Jones, sharpshooting reverend Tim McCoy and ranchhand Raymond Hatton join forces to stop stagecoach robbers backed by a crooked town boss.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN RANGERS
The Texas Panhandle was abandoned by Texas when it entered the Union. The strip of territory known as the "Panhandle" became the refuge of "Wanted Men".

Neighboring states had no authority to proceed within the Panhandle.  The bloodiest chapters of American outlawry have been written about this region.
Saturday Matinee: Stagecoach to Denver / Homesteaders of Paradise Valley
STAGECOACH TO DENVER
A young child is saved from being murdered by greedy profiteers.

HOMESTEADERS OF PARADISE VALLEY
Red Ryder comes to the aid of a group of settlers building a dam in Paradise Valley. The Hume brothers are outlaws who obstruct the plans of Red Ryder.
Saturday Matinee: The Desert Trail / The Dawn Rider
THE DESERT TRAIL
John Wayne and his pal Eddy Chandler are accused of robbing a bank. Wayne is a rodeo star and must ride hard to clear his name.

THE DAWN RIDER
John Wayne witnesses his father’s murder when he decides to pay him a surprise visit. He is determined to find the murderer to avenge his loss and restore order and justice. An action-packed thriller.
Saturday Matinee: Paradise Canyon / Blue Steel
PARADISE CANYON
An action-packed western adventure with John Wayne staring as an undercover agent on the trail of a counterfeiting gang. Wayne joins the traveling medicine show. At first Wayne is suspicious the doc is the leader of the gang but soon realizes he’s been riding the wrong trail when the doctor and his daughter have been kidnapped.

BLUE STEEL
John Wayne stars as a marshall who has to save a town from being terrorized by land speculators who know that the town lies on top of valuable gold deposits.
Saturday Matinee: Lawless Range / Two-fisted Law
LAWLESS RANGE
Lawman John Wayne is sent out to an isolated valley to aid settlers harassed by desperadoes, but he is captured and must escape before it’s too late.

TWO-FISTED LAW
Rancher Tim McCoy risks losing it all from a land-grabbing crook. Fists fly when he applies some bare-knuckle justice.
Saturday Matinee: Randy Rides Alone / Sagebrush Trail
RANDY RIDES ALONE
When a pretty young ranch girl is beset by a gang of swindlers, it’s up to John Wayne and Gabby Hayes to set things right in this action-packed Western.

SAGEBRUSH TRAIL
Convicted of a murder he didn’t commit, cowpoke John Wayne escapes and hides out with a gang of real outlaws while looking for the true killer.
Black Cinema: Beware / Broken Strings
BROKEN STRINGS
A classical violinist injures he fingers. The son becomes a violinist to earn the needed cash to restore his father's paralyzed hand. Much to the father's dismay, the son plays swing instead of classical music.

BEWARE
Louis Jordan and his band called the 'Tympany Five' are stranded at the Ware Colleges Dean Hargraves. They undercover the truth to an ongoing feud between the Dean and an attractive gym teacher.
Black Cinema: Hi De Ho / Mystery in Swing
HI DE HO
Two women compete for the affections of Cab Calloway. His girlfriend “Minnie” is jealous of Cab’s manager, “Nettie”. “Minnie” will stop at nothing to keep her man, but will her plan backfire with great consequences?

MYSTERY IN SWING
A womanizing musician is murdered by snake venom on the mouthpiece of his trumpet. There are no lack of suspects due to his personal history. Great swing dancing scenes!
Black Cinema: Sunday Sinners / The Girl in Room 20
SUNDAY SINNERS (1940)
Gangsters frame a minister’s son for robbery! The congregation of the father’s church help to prove the innocence of the boy. Then the gangsters threaten the lives of the congregation!

THE GIRL IN ROOM 20 (1946)
A young girl comes to New York to make her dreams come true! She gets a job as a singer in a nightclub but the boss has dishonorable reasons for hiring her.
Black Cinema: Song of Freedom
Paul Robeson stars as John Zinga, a British-born longshoreman. His singing talent is discovered by a man who helps him up the ladder of success as an opera singer. The singer’s new wealth allows him to return to Africa to discover he has royal lineage. He helps his people in their fight for spirituality and freedom.
Black Cinema: Paul Robeson: A Biography: The Tallest Tree in Our Forest
A searching documentary of a man who lived his life full of passion and conviction. His life spanned from 1898 to 1976. It ended in sadness and loneliness partly due to his support for communism and Stalin. Paul Robeson was a well known and widely respected black American of the 1930s and 1940s. He was a singer, actor, civil rights activist, law school graduate, athlete, scholar and author. He learned to speak more that 20 languages inorder to voice his public opinion and unyielding views on issues of race and ignorance throughout the world.

As a talented actor, Paul Robeson appeared in ‘The Emperor Jones’ (1933), ‘Sanders of the River’ (1935), ‘Showboat’ (1936), ‘Song of Freedom’ (1937), ‘Jericho’ (1938), ‘Big Fella’ (1938), ‘King Solomon’s Mines’ (1938),  ‘The Proud Valley’ (1939), ‘Tales of Manhattan’ (1942).

Roger... you seeing this... give me a heads up on some of those Westerns!
Pete