Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 146374 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2010, 03:36:51 PM »
I am planning on watching Mary Poppins with Brittany :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »
my friend just replied to me. And said that he will be shipping out the package either today or Monday.

He also told me that he is still going through his collection and that there may be some more titles. But if so they will be a surprise! Torture!  :P :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »
Let me see if I have this right... for my Star Trek Movie Marathon... I should watch... in order...

- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Never Seen)
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn (Never Seen)
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (Never Seen)
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (May Not Have Seen)
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (May Not Have Seen)
- Star Trek: Generations
- Star Trek: First Contact
- Star Trek: Insurrection
- Star Trek: Nemesis
- Star Trek (2009)

That look right to you?... Also would you watch the 2009 version of Star Trek at the end like this? or back to back with Star Trek: The Motion Picture?
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2010, 05:08:38 PM »
That's the correct order.  I would watch the 2009 movie last.

Some are definitely better than the others, but you should enjoy most if not all of them!

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2010, 05:14:58 PM »
The order is correct in principle, but I will give you some warnings:

The odd numbered movies are the weaker ones. At least until 9. From two digits on it's the other way around.

I also don't like the TNG movies that much (the ones without the roman numerals) because they all feel like a Picard&Data show and neither character is like he was in the show. I enjoyed First Contact (8) because it was a good Space Action movie and Insurrection (9) because it was an enjoyable TNG two-parter.

5 didn't have that good a script (put mildly) but I liked it because of the friendship of the Triumvirate and how they recognized that they were getting old.

1 is a very long movie where not much happens but one can watch it once in a while.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2010, 05:36:22 PM »
Thanks for the info... I will be sure that is how I will watch it then. Sounds like I am in for a treat because I never seen the best ones!  :thumbup:

I got another PM from my friend... he let me know a few other he was able to put into the big box (his words)...

First Blood
This will be an additional copy. I already have it. But that is ok... I am sure I will be able to find a home for it. :)

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Brittany has a copy... now I will have a copy too! :P

Stargate: Ultimate Edition
This will be an upgrade for me... as I now have the special edition.

He went off to send this out to me UPS today... so looks like I will have them fairly soon... possibly in time for next weekend's marathon?  :clap:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2010, 05:56:54 PM »
Another Star Trek question if you don't mind...

On Star Trek (The Original Series)... on disc #40 there is the rarely aired (as the case says) pilot The Cage... When I go to watch all the episodes... should I start with that... or start right with Volume One and the more known first episode of The Man Trap.

I only ever seen this show in reruns... so I never seen it in the correct order... and there is probably episodes I never seen before.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »
Just by reading this...

TOMARROW IS YESTERDAY
Stardate: 3113.2 Airdate: January 26, 1967
The U.S.S. Enterprise™ hurled back in time! When a black star sends the U.S.S. Enterprise™ backward in time to the 20th century, the starship is spotted as a UFO. Air Force captain John Christopher’s jet is accidentally destroyed, and Kirk is forced to beam him aboard. How can Kirk return the pilot to Earth, yet still manage to return to the future without changing history?

...I know there is definitely some episodes I never seen before.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2010, 06:01:53 PM »
On Star Trek (The Original Series)... on disc #40 there is the rarely aired (as the case says) pilot The Cage... When I go to watch all the episodes... should I start with that... or start right with Volume One and the more known first episode of The Man Trap.

You can watch "The Cage" first. It was done one year before the actual series. Except for Spock it has a complete different cast. It is an interesting watch.
By the way, "The Man Trap" isn't the real pilot episode. It was just aired first. The real first episode is "Where No Man Has Gone Before". You can notice this, because they have different uniforms and also Dr. McCoy isn't part of the cast yet. There is another doctor instead.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2010, 06:06:30 PM »
I was just looking at these volume releases... they are definitely not in order of air date. I am now wondering if I should watch it in order per volume or if I should watch it in order of how it originally aired. It seems the volumes go all over the place.

Maybe there is a site that lists the order that they should be viewed in. :P I will have to do a search.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2010, 06:09:58 PM »
Generally I don't think it matters much in which order you watch them. The original series does not really have episodes which reference previous ones (if I remember correctly).

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2010, 06:12:03 PM »
If you really want to have a specific order, the episode list on Wikipedia is as good as any.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2010, 06:12:12 PM »
hmmm... that is good to know. I was thinking maybe go by air date would be the safest bet. Maybe see what it felt like during it's original run. :)
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2010, 06:12:25 PM »
Pete, check out the IMDB.  They usually list the episodes (in airing order) of most series.  Luckily, I never bought those 2-episode discs.  I waited until they brought out the season sets...and then I waited some more until they were actually affordable!  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2010, 06:13:35 PM »
Star Trek and affordable don't belong in the same sentence!  :tease:
Pete