Author Topic: Gory Movies  (Read 8757 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Gory Movies
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2009, 10:51:56 AM »
I've just found out that Severin Films are planning to release Hardware on blu-ray in the US at the end of September, so that should work find on your PS3. If they've used the same master it looks really good. Some noticable print damage early on, but that soon disappears.
Thank you! That sounds good and I will keep looking out for that one... Glad to hear that the print turned out well.

Do you think your version is uncut? I have only seen it once (in the cinema no less, at a Film Festival) and I remember it was not holding back on the gore... Here it says: This upcoming Severin release will feature the director’s cut; a true director’s cut, as the feature on the disc will be sourced from Stanley’s personal, pre-MPAA cut of the movie.  :yahoo:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:54:32 AM by Achim »

northbloke

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2009, 06:31:38 PM »
I've never seen what the MPAA did to the film, but the new UK blu-ray matches the old German DVD release I had in terms of gore and there's none of the obvious signs of cutting (mis-timed shots, jumps in the audio etc.) and if anything the film seems bloodier than I remember it from the cinema - especially the peeping tom's demise.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 06:27:21 AM »
I've never seen what the MPAA did to the film, but the new UK blu-ray matches the old German DVD release I had in terms of gore and there's none of the obvious signs of cutting (mis-timed shots, jumps in the audio etc.) and if anything the film seems bloodier than I remember it from the cinema - especially the peeping tom's demise.
I would expect the German release to be at least just as messed up as the US one; although sometimes they release stuff for short time until it is discovered by the authorities and then quickly recalled (or aomething like that).

The version I saw at the Film Festival however was probably uncut, possibly even screened before any theatrical release. Although it's too long ago to actually remember details
(click to show/hide)

Boomstick98

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2009, 04:17:34 AM »
Glad to see "Dead Alive" and "Day of the Dead" on your list. I recently watched "Feast". It was a fun watch and very gory. :tv:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2009, 12:40:10 AM »
I recently watched "Feast". It was a fun watch and very gory. :tv:
I watched Feast II and thought it was an atrocious piece of crap.

But yes, Feast is great fun!

Boomstick98

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2009, 01:25:55 AM »
Sadly Feast II and III aren't very good.  :yucky: I will just pretend the first one is the only one.  ;D