Author Topic: Question About Sharing Links  (Read 851 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Question About Sharing Links
« on: January 02, 2009, 01:43:11 AM »
I have a question about sharing links.  I wasn't sure where to ask it, so I hope this section is ok.  :)

I have been posting reviews - mostly on movies or books - at Epinions.com for almost 8 years.  I have posted longer reviews there on some of the movies I have watched again and talked about here.  Could I put a link to those reviews in my posts after I talk a little about a movie here?  I didn't know if that sort of linking was allowed here and I didn't want to do it if it isn't.

Najemikon

Re: Question About Sharing Links
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 02:46:01 AM »
I don't think anyone will have a problem with linking, but if I were you, I'd consider just copying them to new posts here. Then when Jimmy links your reviews into this forum properly it will be neater all round. :2cents:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:18:19 AM »
You mean the entire reviews?  Epinions has some...rules about not posting identical content on other sites, especially for people like me who are considered Top Reviewers. 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:00:42 AM »
What you could do is place the link in addition to your short review. By the way I've read some of your reviews (using the link to your website) and they are really well written. So no problem (at least for me) if you want to place a link to a more complete one, it's your work you can do watever you want with it.

It's just too bad that your tastes are more mainstream than mine, but I've appreciated reading your review of Frailty a film that I like too.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 08:25:53 AM »
What you could do is place the link in addition to your short review. By the way I've read some of your reviews (using the link to your website) and they are really well written. So no problem (at least for me) if you want to place a link to a more complete one, it's your work you can do watever you want with it.

It's just too bad that your tastes are more mainstream than mine, but I've appreciated reading your review of Frailty a film that I like too.

Thank you for taking the time to read some of my reviews. :)  I'm glad you enjoyed them.  Frailty was really good..I'll have to get that DVD some time.  I was truly surprised by a few things in that one.

I'll start putting the links in when I talk about movies.