Author Topic: Working Through the Pain...  (Read 3765 times)

Najemikon

Re: Working Through the Pain...
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »
Best wishes, Pete, to you and Brittany. I'm glad this forum has continued to be somewhere you feel comfortable enough to talk about Dawn, because as I have found after losing my Dad and others, sometimes it's what you can say to strangers that helps more than anything.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 02:45:25 PM »
Thanks Jon...
As I said... actually re-reading this thread has helped me some today.
Pete

leo1963

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »
WOW,  After reading I'm honored that you shared.  I will continue to pray for your and your daughter as I do for many people.  One of these days I'll make it to your area of the states and would be honored if you allowed me to buy your and your daughter dinner. 

Have a great day.

leo

snowcat

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »
Pete, as I have not been around on the forums long I have only just been able to read your story.

I am sorry for your losses, and you will be in my thoughts.

as Jon said don't apologise for yourself, its a great story one you should be proud of. There is no time limit to grief and that's something that should be remembered. I realise it must be very hard at this time of year anyway, but it must be even harder this year. You and Brittany have a great relationship, and I hope the strength of your past can be reflected throughout this rough time. 

Sadly it was only 3 years ago that we lost my cousin to leukaemia it was a very sad time just 3 days before his 21st birthday,..we had spent the year before his death believing he would make it, although he had complication after complication... and even though we knew it was coming it was still terrible. sadly I also lost two friends one aged 7 and one aged 15 around Christmas (when I was 11 and 15) it still hurts now, although I like to think that the three of them are celebrating Christmas with me every year... maybe not in person but in spirit.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 11:50:30 PM »
Thank you both for your kind words.

Emma, I am sorry for your losses as well.
Pete

Critter

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 12:20:31 AM »
Pete, while reading this one thing that I kept thinking was, that I could only imagine the type of strong, dedicated father you are and how Brittany is so lucky to have you. I could only imagine that the whole ordeal only brought you closer together with your daughter and I imagine the love you share for her is strong. I myself haven't seen my own father in around 11 years, he is not dead, I know he's alive but I don't know where he is, and I know I don't want to find him. For most of my live I grew up either without a father, or for a short time with one that I was scared of. I know from your words that you will always be there for Brittany and even though I am halfway around the world that is a thought that warms me and makes me happy. I am glad you chose to share this with the forum, it was very well written and I am of course, sorry for your loss.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 12:21:07 AM »
I know how hard this time of year has always been - even more so now that your mom and Brittnay's grandma has lost her battle. My heart goes out to the both of you and I wish there were something I could do to ease that pain. My thoughts and prayers to both of you.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 12:58:50 AM »
Thank you both for all the kind words
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 07:05:09 AM »
I remember reading this last year.  I was going to say something then, but I didn't know what to say.  Sometimes I have trouble finding the right thing to say and I didn't want to accidentally say something that would upset you more or make it worse in some way.

I'm still not sure exactly what to say..so I'll just say that I'm very sorry.  And you and Brittany are lucky to have each other.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 12:18:41 PM »
Thank You Marie...
I really can't believe it has been 14yrs. since Dawn passed away. Just like I can't believe it has already been 2 months since my mother has passed.
Pete