Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 112226 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #300 on: May 23, 2011, 01:41:12 PM »
I just ordered another '80s cartoon from my childhood...

I just love these blasts from the past!  ;D

Comes out September 6th.
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #301 on: May 24, 2011, 11:05:19 AM »
Pre-Ordered today:

Sucker Punch

Release Date (Germany): 05.08.2011

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #302 on: May 25, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
After having finished Superman: The Animated Series, I ordered:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 26, 2011, 08:53:31 AM »
Did a couple of pre-order tonight ;D

From Diabolik DVD

Cut-Throats Nine (1972) A wagon load of convicts is on their way to prison when the wagon is attacked by bandits. The only survivors of the attack are a Sergeant, his lovely daughter, and 7 chain gang prisoners. The Sergeant must somehow deliver these prisoners to their destination while protecting his daughter and evading the remaining bandits.

Joshua (1976) A black soldier returns from fighting for the union in the Civil War only to find out that a band of dirty outlaws killed his mother and kidnapped a rancher’s young wife. The rancher send Joshua out to find the outlaws and kill them one by one.

Stoney (1969) Caught up in an international mishmash of espionage and double crosses in the Philippines, two gunrunners hunt for buried treasure and are disrupted by the quest for the same woman.

Killer Likes Candy (1968) Shrewd and evasive ex-Nazi and top assassin Oscar Snell is determined to rub out the King of Kafiristan. His sole weakness is his sweet tooth; he leaves candy wrappers at the scene of every crime. It’s up to no nonsense CIA agent Mark Stone to find Snell and stop him before it’s too late!

Blade (1973) An all-star cast including John Marley (The Godfather) come together in this murder mystery. Marley is Det. Tommy Blade, who is trying to solve the murder of a congressman’s daughter. A cold, calculating killer plays a dangerous game of cat and mouse with the police in this thriller, shown un-cut for the first time on Home Video.

Ring of Death (Un Detective) (1969) Franco Nero (Django) is Detective Belli, a corrupt detective hired to investigate a murder. Through the course of his investigation, he finds himself torn between feeling the need to do the right thing and find the murderer, and the beautiful Vera Fontana, a key suspect in the case.

From Amazon Canada for those who believe I don't watch recent movie

Rogmeister

« Reply #304 on: May 28, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
i just pre-ordered 3 items...one movie, 2 TV shows...

Rango
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fourth Season
How I Met Your Mother: The Complete Sixth Season

I ordered Rango in a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack.  The other two I ordered in DVD since I have all the previous seasons of those shows on DVD and so I could have them on the TV while here in the computer room...I only have one blu player and it's in the living room.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 29, 2011, 07:10:42 AM »
Just did another one from Amazon Canada...

OK I've already 8 of the 12 movies, but it's 9.95$ for four movies I don't have so what the hell.

I never got the old Anchor Bay release (BTW this one is available on a single disc release and on a region free Blu Ray too)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:37:26 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 29, 2011, 07:45:03 AM »
I put The Stunt Man on my Amazon wish list. It's some sort of cult classic, isn't it...? (I have actually never seen it before, or at least don't remember.)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 29, 2011, 08:04:10 AM »
I've seen it when I was really young (12 years old and wasn't supposed too... it isn't a kiddie movie), so I don't remember a lot. But Gary Kent praised this one highly in his book as one of the best film about the stuntman profession. I remember it's a movie in a movie and with a strong cast including Peter O'Toole, Steve Railsback and Barbara Hershey (Alex Rocco, Adam Roarke, Chuck Bail, Stafford Morgan and John Alderman are in this too).

Richard Rush consider it as his best film and when we know he did Hells Angels on Wheels, The Savage Seven and Psych-Out that rank it highly in my book.

EDIT
Not a lot yet is known about the extra (I supposed the second disc is The Sinister Saga of Making "The Stunt Man"), but usually Severin Film deliver good products.

But this is the PR stuff :

THE STUNT MAN now features a stunning HD transfer supervised by Oscar® nominated producer/director Richard Rush, plus new interviews and commentaries with Rush, Peter O’Toole, Steve Railsback and Alex Rocco, all in the ultimate edition of the classic that the Los Angeles Times calls “as innovative today as Citizen Kane was in its time!”

Packed with hours of special features including exclusive new interview with legendary actor Peter O‘Toole.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:35:53 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 29, 2011, 09:07:36 AM »
Not a lot yet is known about the extra (I supposed the second disc is The Sinister Saga of Making "The Stunt Man"), but usually Severin Film deliver good products.
Maybe I read about the making of this film before :hmmmm: Somebody died while making this, or any other crazy thing happened? Unless it's comparably overpriced I shall be getting the Blu-ray...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #309 on: May 29, 2011, 10:14:05 PM »

CA$ 62 @ Amazon.ca (the same item costs US$ 71 @ Amazon.com  :headscratch:)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2011, 03:20:39 AM »
I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not...I preordered True Grit..Amazon had it down to like $18.50 or so.

Rogmeister

« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2011, 03:47:31 AM »
After having finished Superman: The Animated Series, I ordered:

Cool!  I love Batman: The Animated Series...it was one of my favorite animated super-hero series ever...but I think Justice League and Justice League Unlimited have taken over the #1 spot for me.  My favorite episode of this Batman series is "Almost Got 'Im" which is in the volume 2 set.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2011, 06:21:59 AM »
I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not...I preordered True Grit..Amazon had it down to like $18.50 or so.
At that price I may have to add it to my upcoming order :hmmmm:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2011, 06:24:37 AM »
I don't know if it is still that price...hmm...let me see here...

I just looked..it is $18.49 for the Blu-ray/DVD combo right now.

True Grit

I just preordered season 6 part 1 of Doctor Who on Blu from Amazon for $19.99.
Doctor Who: Season 6: Part 1
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:26:27 AM by Dragonfire »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2011, 06:37:59 AM »
I just looked..it is $18.49 for the Blu-ray/DVD combo right now.
I simply looked at my wish list and saw the price reflected there ;)

I may need a few days until I order, if it's still like that then, it's a go.

I recently missed a sale by a few days :( Could have saved $4 on my Blu-ray of Nausicaä...