Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 108823 times)

snowcat

Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »
Pre ordered a couple of things today....

Now, because I have been desperately trying to complete my Disney collection on DVD.... I was getting annoyed at the cost... so Instead I am buying them all on Blu - Ray

...I just oredered Dumbo, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Pinoccio

...But I also just pre-ordered these.

Beauty and the Beast

Fantasia / Fantasia 2000

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2010, 07:56:49 AM »
I pre-ordered Big Bang Theory - Season 3 and Iron Man 2 this evening.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »
Pre-Ordered this week:

How to Train your Dragon

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Iron Man 2

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2010, 10:59:11 AM »
Today I got an advertisment mail from Amazon, asking me if I wanted to pre-order the second season of Vampire Diaries ... a season that just started not two days ago.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »
Today I got an advertisment mail from Amazon, asking me if I wanted to pre-order the second season of Vampire Diaries ... a season that just started not two days ago.
Yupp,
had something like that too, but for "Knight & Day", with no official release date yet. Amazon's assumed release date Dec. 31st 2011 (it might be out a little bit earlier though  :hysterical:)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2010, 01:46:45 AM »
I figured I was all set for next month... but then I seen this up for pre-order and just couldn't resist...

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Five teenage friends living on one street all dream of a sinister man with a disfigured face, a frightening voice and a gardener's glove with knives for fingers. One by one, he terrorizes them within their dreams – where the rules are his and the only way out is to wake up. But when one among them dies, they soon realize that what happens in their dreams happens for real and the only way to stay alive is to stay awake. Buried in their past is a debut that has just come due. To save themselves, they must plunge into the mind of the most twisted nightmare of all: Freddy Krueger. Jackie Earle Haley plays the legendary evildoer in this contemporary reimagining of the seminal horror classic.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2010, 01:55:24 AM »
Pete I really hope that you haven't cancel The Slumber Party Massacre Collection or The Evil / Twice Dead for an unecessary remake (seriously, it got 6 sequels and it's more or less the same movie each time)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2010, 02:08:22 AM »
Actually I felt I had to cancel them a while ago... as I didn't think I would have the money when the time comes. Plus all the ones that were given to me.... thought I was good to go for next month. I hope to reorder both though when I know more.... as I wish I didn't now. I will know for sure when I do the bills next month.

I don't know why... I just have a weakness for anything Nightmare on Elm St. The Elm Street movies always been among my favorites.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2010, 02:35:23 AM »
Some capture from the films just for you Pete :whistle:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I'm not the one who took the capture, since I don't have the dvd yet

this is the extra for the set

* New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer of the Original SPM
    * 3-Part Documentary
    * Photo and Poster Still Gallery
    * Trailers
    * Collectible Booklet

Not listed but each film had a commentary track also.
A new transfer was done also for the second one.

For the other I only have the review posted in the Roger Corman thread sooner last week.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2010, 06:46:45 PM »
Another pre-order today (for december)

Big Bad Mama & Big Bad Mama 2 : Roger Corman's Cult Classic

Fools (Scorpion Releasing)
Academy Award® nominee KATHERINE ROSS and two time Academy Award® winner JASON ROBARDS team up in the bittersweet romantic drama FOOLS. Matthew South (Robards, Academy Award® winner for JULIA, ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN), is a Hollywood actor who specializes in horror films. He finds himself in San Francisco doing some soul searching, having reached a crisis point in his career and his life. An incident in a public park attracts the attention of Anais (Ross, Academy Award nominee - THE GRADUATE, BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID), a beautiful younger woman.

I know it isn't my type of film at all, but the trailer look interesting...

This one is already release, add it to reach the free shipping limit

Don't Look in the Basement & Don't Open the Door

Don't Look in the Basement (1973)
Nurse Charlotte Beale arrives at the isolated Stephens Sanitarium to work, only to learn that Dr. Stephens was murdered by one of the patients and his successor, Dr. Geraldine Masters, is not very eager to take on new staff. Charlotte finds her job maddeningly hard as the patients torment and harass her at every turn, and she soon learns why Dr. Masters is so eager to keep outsiders out.

Don't Open the Door! (1975)
n this horror movie, a dutiful grand-daughter goes home to take care of her elderly grandmother. Once there, she finds herself trapped inside the house with a homicidal maniac.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 08:24:27 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2010, 11:14:45 PM »
From Alternative cinema

This one had a special pre-order price. All the information are on my blog ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2010, 04:30:53 AM »
Another one for december

Carrier (Code Red)

Something strange is happening in the small town of Sleepy Rock, but no one can put their finger on it.  Sleepy Rock was a place you might find in a fairy tale until one day, the nightmare is unleashed. Its dissolves friendships, families, anything else alive. And there's no stopping it. Once Sleepy Rock was a loving and religious town, now it's a town out of control. The only solution...Kill! Anyone who could be THE CARRIER....One touch and you're gone! Director of Photography by Peter Deming (EVIL DEAD 2), Music by Joseph Deuca (EVIL DEAD, ARMY OF DARKNESS) and sound mix by actor Bruce Campbell (ARMY OF DARKNESS)

GREYDON CLARK DRIVE-IN DOUBLE FEATURE: Hi-Riders & The Bad Bunch (VCI Entertainment)

Hi-Riders:
Meet the Hi-Riders – a gang of jean-jacketed drag racers. Every man a devil-driven death machine in a human demolition derby. They live hard and die hard – screaming demons headed for hell on chopped-down hogs. Meet Mark and Lynn (Darby Hinton and Diane Peterson) caught up in a story of hatred and revenge. While at a bar the Hi-Riders are challenged to a drag race by one of the local hot heads. In a spectacular explosion both drivers are killed. During a wild party in honor of the dead drivers, the local boy’s father storms in and vows revenge on the Hi-Riders. A fantastic stunt-filled chase ensues between the Hi-Riders and the local henchmen. Whipped into a blazing frenzy of violence the Hi-Riders are humping hot steel hogs on a raging rampage through the town. Zip up your leather jacket, kick over the starter and take the ride of your life with the Hi-Riders.
90 min, Color, R, 1978, 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio – 16x9 Enhanced.

The Bad Bunch:
Violence and racial tension punctuate this fast moving action film, that is a study of prejudice and discrimination. This is the story of a black gang who run the streets of Watts and of Jim, a white man, who tries to befriend them. Prejudice stands in the way of any friendship and turns black against white in a bloody act of vengeance. This film, set in the mid ‘70’s, does much to show how society has progressed, but to some it may seem that “the more things change, the more they stay the same.”
82 min., Color, R, 1976, 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio – 4x3.

Crazy Mama & Lady in Red : Roger Corman's Cult Classics (Shout! Factory)

Crazy Mama :
Jonathan Demme directs this joyous unrelentlessly kitchy celebration of 50's America: opportunity, rock'n'roll, and the road. He follows three generations of women and the men they pick up, for a crime spree from California to the old family homestead in Arkansas.

The Lady in Red
1930's gangster era film about Dillinger and his last girl. Written by John Sayles.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2010, 08:00:40 PM »
I canceled this earlier... but ended up re-ordering it...

The Slumber Party Massacre Collection
The ultimate driller-killer-thrillers are back!! In the terrifying original Slumber Party Massacre, a high school girl’s basketball team is stalked by an escaped mental patient with a portable drill. In Part 2, the killer returns this time as a physical manifestation of a young girl’s nightmares, slaying more teens in the guise of an evil rocker with a deadly guitar. And in Part 3, a new group of teenagers decide to have a slumber party when yet another unknown killer with a power drill begins attacking them.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2010, 08:21:56 PM »
:thumbup:

I was sure to see the one I PM you about a couple of days ago.... if it wasn't that costly (even the multiple paiement option doesn't help since they take one every 3 weeks) :(

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2010, 08:23:41 PM »
The only reason I didn't get the one you PM'ed me about is because it comes out later this month (Tuesday I think?) and I don't get paid till the 1st so really can't pre-order that at the moment.
Pete