Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 108816 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2010, 04:24:18 AM »
I know it isn't my style of film at all, but anything with Jenny Agutter worth a watch anyway...

Edit : BTW the cover isn't really inviting... a shirtless Sam Waterston isn't that impressive, am I right on this Kathy :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 04:42:18 AM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2010, 10:54:01 AM »
I know the feeling... I am starting to have a hard time with my weekend marathons... having a hard time getting in the mood for something when all I am really in the mood for is one of the many new horror movies I have. Yet my unwatched pile is so huge I can't even see the dvd rack behind it anymore.  :bag:
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2010, 11:38:25 AM »

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 05:22:19 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2010, 02:31:40 AM »
I couldn't resist and I've made a pre-order for this incredibly bad movie...

Can you believe this is even release on Blue Ray :laugh:

snowcat

« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »
I couldn't resist and I've made a pre-order for this incredibly bad movie...

Can you believe this is even release on Blue Ray :laugh:

OMG  :o

TROLL 2!!

I can't believe it! .... I really want to see the documentary they made about the fans of this movie... its one of those crazy films that is so bad its good

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »
I never seen either one of the Troll movies.  :bag:
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2010, 12:53:27 PM »

:p well.... If this don't put you off then you should watch it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2010, 02:03:12 PM »
 :laugh: Could be fun... but I don;t know. Think I would want to see the first one first anyway. :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2010, 03:44:05 PM »
They aren't related at all, so you don't need to watch the first part first. It's like the Zombie or the Demon franchise, none of the films had a link with each other (but at least they keep the same monster, contrary to Troll :whistle:)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2010, 07:01:34 PM »
Since I'm back it means that I had to check what will be release in the future, so I've passed a couple of pre-order.

I was considering to buy the series on Blu-ray myself (almost at "Yes" :bag:), but sadly those two aren't announced for Blu yet :shrug:

:p well.... If this don't put you off then you should watch it.
The trailer cerainyl confirms the "so bad it's good" vibe of the film. bad overacting, weird dialog, stupid characters, cheesy monstzers, it's all there. I might consider to buy the DVD.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2010, 07:28:03 PM »
The quality of the regular dvd's are good Achim. If you want me to take some screenshot for some titles let me know and I'll post them in the Corman dedicated thread.

Of course I can't yet for the horror one or the one I don't have (but I have every titles released in the serie at this day).

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »
Since I own a few already (Rock 'n' Roll High School, Piranha, Death Race 2000), I need to upgrade them strongly, so not "just" DVD but Blu-ray. If I buy some in Blu-ray I want them all in Blu-ray :bag:

So, for those two I'd just wait until they get announced and released later on. Or if never, then I'll just not get them, "forcing" the distributor to put them on Blu-ray :devil:

But yes, maybe a few screen shots from the ones you have already might wet my appetite and finally confirm the "Yes". :thumbsup:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2010, 08:01:47 PM »
I'll post some captures later today.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2010, 02:20:05 AM »
Something that I've waiting for since so long will be finally released uncut in october :dance:

I think the veterans here know how I idolize Radley Metzger who had directed 4 of the 10 best movies ever made :bow:

Just look at the extra :drooling:

Audio commentary with Michael Bowen and Radley Metzger
On the set of The Score – A 25 minute featurette with Claire Wilbur, Lynn Lowry, Cal Culver and Radley Metzger
Keeping Score with Lynn Lowry – A 20 minute new interview
Trailers

For the first time since it's theatrical release the hardcore actions between Cal Culver and Gerald Grant will be included :clap:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 02:24:28 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2010, 06:33:03 AM »
Couldn't resist and pre-order some more title for november. Anyway, I haven't pre-ordered a lot for this month :tease:

Greaser's Palace DVD (Scorpion Releasing)
In a film that must be seen to be believed, the story of Christ's sufferings is set in the Old West. A zoot-suited drifter (ALLAN ARBUS - DAMIEN OMEN 2, CISCO PIKE) performs miracles and attracts a large following. But what he really wants to do is sing and dance! He finally gets to play The Palace, a saloon run by the ruthless Seaweedhead Greaser, and he's a big hit. But he's got more miracles to do...like restoring life to Greaser's son, killed by his father, and contending with Greaser's envious daughter Cholera (LUANA ANDERS - THE KILLING KIND, THE LAST DETAIL).

* NTSC All Region
    * Anamorphic Widescreen
    * Interviews

Who? (Scorpion Releasing)
Elliott Gould stars in Jack Gold's thought provocative sci-fi/cold war thriller "WHO?"While visiting the Soviet Union, American scientist Lucas Martino (Joseph Bova, SERPICO) is nearly killed in a car accident. The Russians are only able to save Martino's brain and eyes, and to keep that alive, they ingeniously create a cyborg humanoid body. This functioning and thinking 'robo-man' in a metallic body is released back to the Americans six months later.

* NTSC All Region
    * Commentary
    * Anamorphic Widescreen