Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 108693 times)

samuelrichardscott

Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #690 on: March 08, 2013, 12:08:10 PM »
Received the Scanners blu-ray check disc today!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 28, 2013, 05:19:16 AM »
Some pre-order I did since my last post...

From Amazon Canada

The Howling will be on blu-ray too, but I think the DVD is more than enough for me since I just want to replace my defective DVD.

From Diabolik DVD

I'm also highly interested by the Severin release of The House on Straw Hill but I wait after Diabolik to carry it (it will be too expensive at Amazon Canada...).

I will certainly pre-order those too from Vinegar Syndrome when they will become available.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:27:48 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 29, 2013, 05:06:14 AM »
I already own the individual releases of Mad max 1 + 2. If quality of the transfer and the extras is improved I might consider upgrading to the trilogy, rather than getting the individual release of Mad Max 3.

I won an old The Howling release and might consider upgrading if it's worth it... (to upgrade, the movie is sure worth it :laugh:)

So, finally somebody followed up and had some actors read from the telephone book, t please the people who always say "I'd watch him/her reading the telephone book"...?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 29, 2013, 05:14:34 AM »
No, it's one of those New York black and white movies I like so much :laugh:

I doubt it will catch your interest, but this is the VS trailer for it (Many familliar visage in this... at least for me)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 29, 2013, 05:41:51 AM »
I see... Actually, the image was too big at first, now I looked it it from a bit more distance I recognized that cover image a bit better...

Oh, by the way, did we talk about the UK release for Castle Freak in this thread? I remember you getting me the information that it will be region free...? I just saw on Amazon that it has been delayed to September? When did that happen...?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 29, 2013, 05:55:26 AM »
A couple of weeks ago, at least it's when I got the email from Amazon UK. It's sure a long delay but maybe they work on some extra materials (something with Barbara Crampton and Jeffrey Combs would be nice).

Talking of Barbara Crampton, I'm always waiting after Amazon to send me my copy of From Beyond where she is interviewed (Jeffrey Combs also).

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 29, 2013, 06:02:01 AM »
A couple of weeks ago, at least it's when I got the email from Amazon UK. It's sure a long delay but maybe they work on some extra materials (something with Barbara Crampton and Jeffrey Combs would be nice).

Talking of Barbara Crampton, I'm always waiting after Amazon to send me my copy of From Beyond where she is interviewed (Jeffrey Combs also).
Hmmm, is that something you need to sign up for, to be informed about delays...? Oh, wait, you pre-ordered, I only have it on my Wish List...

I will order From Beyond too, but since it's an upgrade for me I am in no rush.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 29, 2013, 06:13:30 AM »
As you said, it's because I pre-order it.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 29, 2013, 06:42:06 PM »
I'm also highly interested by the Severin release of The House on Straw Hill but I wait after Diabolik to carry it (it will be too expensive at Amazon Canada...).
And now it is available to pre-order and of course it is done ;D

And for those who would say that it was already available since a long time I'll say one thing... it's the complete uncut version that was never release anywhere in the world done via a collector print that took years to find...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:01:10 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 09, 2013, 07:26:07 AM »
Oh, by the way, did we talk about the UK release for Castle Freak in this thread? I remember you getting me the information that it will be region free...? I just saw on Amazon that it has been delayed to September? When did that happen...?
I've check the Facebook page of 88 Films and the delay won't be that long... It will be out somewhere in june. The delay was because of a new interview they did with Stuart Gordon for that release...

BTW look what they will release in may :whistle:

Of course my pre-order is done ;D

They will release Demonic Toys and Dollman on blu-ray too in may, but I will probably wait in september to get Demonic Toys (I know nothing about the other one).

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 16, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »
I've check the Facebook page of 88 Films and the delay won't be that long... It will be out somewhere in june. The delay was because of a new interview they did with Stuart Gordon for that release...
In that case they are excused. Stuart Gordon is always a pleasure to listen to.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 16, 2013, 03:44:48 PM »
I bet it's the case with The Pit and the Pendulum as I got the same kind of email about it yesterday...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 17, 2013, 06:17:49 AM »
I bet it's the case with The Pit and the Pendulum as I got the same kind of email about it yesterday...
I forgot, is that a Gordon film as well...? I remember seeing it at a festival and only being mildly impressed at the time (I think I preferred Dolls over this one).

Maybe I have to get it as well...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 21, 2013, 08:30:03 AM »
Pre-ordered from Amazon Canada

Because Achim will want to know if The Fog worth a double-dip ;)

New extras for that release
- New HD transfer of the film supervised by Director of Photography Dean Cundey
- Exclusive interview with Actress Jamie Lee Curtis discussing The Fog and covering her legendary early 80s “Scream Queen” career.
- Audio commentary featuring Actress Adrienne Barbeau, Actor Tom Atkins and Production Designer Tommy Lee Wallace
- Retrospective interview with Director of Photography Dean Cundey about his many legendary collaborations with John Carpenter
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Film’s Locations with host Sean Clark

Extras from the MGM prior release:
- Tales From The Mist: Inside The Fog Featurette
- Fear On Film: Inside The Fog Featurette
- The Fog: Storyboard To Film Featurette
- Outtakes
- Theatrical Trailers & TV Spots
- Photo Gallery and Storyboards
- Audio Commentary With Writer/Director John Carpenter And Writer/Producer Debra Hill

I forgot, is that a Gordon film as well...?
Just realized I've missed your question... sorry :(
Yes The Pit and the Pendulum is from Stuart Gordon too. Lance Henrickson plays the Vincent Price role so it can't be that bad, but they sure had a lot of characters compare to the Roger Corman's version. Never seen it, but for the price a blind buy isn't too much of a risk.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:56:19 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 22, 2013, 06:21:28 AM »
Because Achim will want to know if The Fog worth a double-dip ;)
Thanks. That sure looks like an update over the UK release I have so far. I'll give it some thought; The Fog is by far not Carpenter's best, but I'd say it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

Yes The Pit and the Pendulum is from Stuart Gordon too. Lance Henrickson plays the Vincent Price role so it can't be that bad, but they sure had a lot of characters compare to the Roger Corman's version. Never seen it, but for the price a blind buy isn't too much of a risk.
O.k., so I am curious. I have seen it before but hardly remember anything. I added it to my wish list at Amazon.co.uk. I remember you said 88 Films releases are usually region free?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:23:43 AM by Achim »